Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
REALNEGA

sense of being

9 posts in this topic

i have a sense of being or sense of precence but i feel it inside my body. am i mistaking being for my body?

I like this, that is the reflection of being in the world. You are mistaking being your body for who you seriously are. Reflections come as illusions. In the sense that they know nothing for who they really are, they could appear to be slaves in essence but that is ridiculous as they travel through that onward to greater truths, inevitably as the pain is enough to push you onwards, even beyond your own mistakes and into the Glory of the light of God, like an ancient corridor opening up before you, and you leave the pain behind, it was never yours, you are given the opportunity to do so. In Knowledge that the New Message from God speaks of, or whatever spiritual teaching you choose to follow, or your own self, which is the essence of all true teachings of course.

The sensations can only come from your body, even if the stimulus is from outside, if you have a paralyzed arm per example you will not feel. Awareness only happens in the body. There is no awareness outside the body. The gate to everything is your body, not the outside world. 

14 hours ago, Quanty said:

The sensations can only come from your body, even if the stimulus is from outside, if you have a paralyzed arm per example you will not feel. Awareness only happens in the body. There is no awareness outside the body. The gate to everything is your body, not the outside world. 

so im not mistaking the precence of awareness for my body?

30 minutes ago, REALNEGA said:

"There are moments when you become aware not only of what you are doing but also of yourself doing it. You see both ‘I’ and the ‘here’ of ‘I am here’—both the anger and the ‘I’ that is angry. Call this self-remembering if you like."

(Gurdjieff, Views From the Real World)

On 22.6.2018 at 0:34 PM, REALNEGA said:

Your body is made out of awareness. Youre not mistaking anything. 

Awareness is the substance which your body as well as your surroundings are made out of.

Your body evokes life out of reality by giving it color,smell,temperature, etc and is therefore part of what you see "outside" yourself. 

Your body, your sense of being, your surroundings, the ego perceiving all this are made out awareness and are not real.

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

@Robi Steel Where did you learn this? Is this existence before essence? Saying the body is there before we see it? I think I perceive your writing this way but I know you mean the opposite. It is a good catch though that I noticed, just because in some way part of the dream illusion is the belief that our parents were 'there' somewhere in a physical universe before we came here, in reality we never moved, we only just had a projector screen shone upon us in a laboratory of some sort.