B_Naz

Thoughts insight

40 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, dorg said:

By following thought to it's source.

This is very interesting. but I don't think you can find the source. The reasoning is that the source is something that isn't actually a thing, it's no-thing. It's a thing we can't understand

Let us say you find a source of a thought, then where does the source come from? and so on. It's quite a materialistic way of looking at thought. When we go into this loop, we create models of how the source is created. Models are useful but are not the absolute truth. 

You're not human, you're the universe

1 minute ago, B_Naz said:

This is very interesting. but I don't think you can find the source. The reasoning is that the source is something that isn't actually a thing, it's no-thing. It's a thing we can't understand

Let us say you find a source of a thought, then where does the source come from? and so on. It's quite a materialistic way of looking at thought. When we go into this loop, we create models of how the source is created. Models are useful but are not the absolute truth. 

The source of thought cannot be thought about (defined) but it can be found with diligent 'tracing back' of thought. See the rough 'flow chart' I gave you up there ^^.

Material is a thought, more helpfully perhaps - a form of thought.

3 minutes ago, dorg said:

Material is a thought, more helpfully perhaps - a form of thought.

Can you go further with this? What do you mean material is a thought?

3 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

Thought is a material process 

Now that is something I didn't consider... I've attached the material model to thoughts without realising. I can apply the same concepts to thoughts as I do with other material objects. 

I shouldn't use concepts, as these can products of the mind, but this is just exploring.

Thank you all.

Edited by B_Naz

9 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

I would say that thought is the substance that things are made of. As humans we live in and on and as a thought construct in a thought construct.

1 minute ago, dorg said:

I would say that thought is the substance that things are made of. As humans we live in and on and as a thought construct in a thought construct.

Yes. This is very beautiful. It's a great insight for me.

Edited by B_Naz

In a much more simple and close to home way to understand, thought is a process that takes place in the brain cells. That process gives rise to thought (the response to memory) 

Edited by Faceless

Wow mate you nailed it, I just made a post of a similar nature, the realisation is exactly it, is all happening in consciousness, we can be reactive to it, or not. We can see that God is not separate from us because we are not ideas (bodies and entities). We see our lives in a misguided fashion due to relationship with these ideas and identity, and due to our own personal confusion and lack of transcendence. This confusion and contradiction manifests as a false sense of self. God witnesses our being as the Presence gazes upon all beings independently of what they think they are, seeing the experience of many minds, our presence is receiving flow of consciousness and wisdom based on a deeper intelligence that is always right and true without judgement.  I think here we realise that the pivot of all Knowledge is God, and it's relationship with you is one of true identity with no separation, cause there is nothing to be dissolved here, since you are God, deep down, if you get there, and work really hard like a mule you will find salvation.

@Hotaka I'll have a look at your post, I haven't been active on the forum :/ but let's rejoice. 

@B_Naz Don't worry about it, usually my writing is too obscure and confusing for anyone to understand, not even myself can understand it's writing.

@Hotaka Sometimes cognitive slips are themselves beneficial they could be a divine error though it's another mind.

9 hours ago, B_Naz said:

Are we only aware of the thought?

Thoughts are clouds in the sky of consciousness. When you are aware of the thought , you move towards state of no-thought. Witnessing of thoughts is a technique to become more more conscious.

Home goes home.

Sometimes when I meet people I feel like saying to them are you from Heaven or from here?

Cultivate agni while your at it, it will be the best remedy for everything, cultivating a one pointed focus increasing your energy as you go.

And have great tapas, the inner determination that is incessable and destroys all obstacles in graceful compassion.

@B_Naz You are treating this topic too much like philosophy. Rather than speculating, sit down and contemplate: What is a thought? Where does it come from? Where does it go?

The answers are all there in your direct experience. Asking us about it will not help you. It's distraction from the work you should be doing.

The topic of thoughts or consciousness is not a theoretical one. Thoughts are happening in real-time for you right now! So look at them to see what they are. Don't think about thoughts. Observe thoughts happening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@B_Naz You are treating this topic too much like philosophy. Rather than speculating, sit down and contemplate: What is a thought? Where does it come from? Where does it go?

The answers are all there in your direct experience. Asking us about it will not help you. It's distraction from the work you should be doing.

The topic of thoughts or consciousness is not a theoretical one. Thoughts are happening in real-time for you right now! So look at them to see what they are. Don't think about thoughts. Observe thoughts happening.

This is a very good advice! 

20 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

This is a very good advice! 

True it is

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Have you experienced thoughts as sensations happing in the body and not in the skull? 

7 hours ago, sarapr said:

Have you experienced thoughts as sensations happing in the body and not in the skull? 

Not really. This insight just came to me when I was meditating. I felt detachment from the thoughts and felt whole. I also didn't feel my body until I put a thought onto it, like "Am I feeling my arms?". It's kinda freaky

It wasn't even a feeling of wholeness to be honest. It's something I can't explain

Edited by B_Naz

36 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

I also didn't feel my body until I put a thought onto it, like "Am I feeling my arms?"

I've also experienced this a number of times. It's like you completely detach from the body. It's amazing.