MarkusSweden

Humanity - We will never learn, will we?

39 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Humanity is temporar. You are not a human. Who cares about humanity.

Temporary or not, this is the level of reality you are in now. Isn’t it very egoic than to abandon humanity because one feels elightend? What a wonderful trap to fall in. This is just a micro step of our development. Don’t stop here. 

16 minutes ago, Rilles said:

@Faceless Oh no, I was just implying that you shouldnt wallow in your thought-stories about how the world is. There is no security in reality. Your body can die right this moment.

Coped another bag of schmoke today

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

@Ether a bag of schwag

We wasnt supposed to make it past 25

Jokes on your motherfucker, we alive

53 minutes ago, Rilles said:

@Faceless Oh no, I was just implying that you shouldnt wallow in your thought-stories about how the world is. There is no security in reality. Your body can die right this moment.

I understand, but is that an idea you seek security in? 

Do we see that only thought purposely avoids the fact, and creates the abstraction of such an idea?

To see the fact (what is) is not a “thought-story” 

Edited by Faceless

This is a movement of the self seeking security psychologically. A movement of fear, attempting to evade that fear. 

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, MarkusSweden said:

Those old greek philosophers, what's not to Love about them?

In old Greece, everybody was not like Socrates , there were people who poisoned him. Hundred of disciples of Pythagoras were killed. Hunger for power of Alexander killed millions. 

Few people are enlightened everywhere but no country was civilized in true sense in whole human history.

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Few people are enlightened everywhere but no country was civilized in true sense in whole human history.

Maybe so! We cut out the good parts, cover up the bad parts of the history that we like,  and recycle it for more Then it's worth.

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

You are directly responsible of society/the world. 

The society/world is a reflection of your inward state.

Edited by Faceless

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

It doesn't seem like that to me.

I understand that totally...

That is the nature of thought/self, it separates, makes distinctions, divisions and is not aware that it has done so. 

@MarkusSweden

There is a theory in Vedanta which strictly treats the Universe as a nonexistent/unreal dream. There can never be something called absolute good in the world because manifestation itself is relative.

So the instruction is given to systematically renounce the world and ultimately ignore it. The world is your training ground. The only purpose of this world is to use it and realize that your identity has nothing to do with it and thus transcending it altogether.

Let the world run it's endless cycles of good and bad.

So yeah..'humans' will never learn.

Someone has to play the devil and make this world a living hell. Or else this place would be like the perfect heaven and no one would inquire towards Truth or higher Consciousness, right? ;)

EDIT: After all, we only know about the limited time on our earth. We have no clue about what happens for eternity before and after that. Do not assume that this world is your permanent abode. Its not.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Goodness (truth) is not relative. 

Conforming to traditional theory implies relativity. So in that, relativity expresses itself in duality. 

Can we see the self deception and illusion?

To say goodness can’t exist without evil is an illusion. It’s a movement of self seeking security in its own pattern of thought. 

The problem is we don’t see we our thinking is corrupt by our own need to self sustain psychological order. 

If that is being enlightened then enlightenment is hoax. A movement of fear. 

Edited by Faceless

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Yea that's what I thought when I wrote this (although I have never heard about the Vedanta thing):

I actually learnt this from studying Swami VIvekananda's lectures. So yeah its from Vedanta. You can bank on that :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Sometimes I feel like all these changing or improving the world themes are a mere fool's errand. At best, it can serve as a convenient, fabricated cock and bull story made in your head in order to mobilize yourself, actualize yourself in this world. 

I mean just while writing this message probably thousands of people all over the world died of hunger, suicide, war, illness etc. along with a heavy heart shattered by tremendous level of suffering. And I am not even counting billions who are suffering psychologically/physically more or less right now.

In the end, its all about you. You're not changing shit. Thats your self made story to fool the lazy aspect of yourself. You are only changing you. By praying for the whole world with an open heart, it's you who is changing and becoming more loving, conscious. The world minds its own business. Thats why I said that this world is your training ground.

You go to the gym to mold yourself, not to clean and worship the gym :)

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

On 6/20/2018 at 7:16 PM, Preetom said:

@MarkusSweden

There is a theory in Vedanta which strictly treats the Universe as a nonexistent/unreal dream. There can never be something called absolute good in the world because manifestation itself is relative.

So the instruction is given to systematically renounce the world and ultimately ignore it. The world is your training ground. The only purpose of this world is to use it and realize that your identity has nothing to do with it and thus transcending it altogether.

Let the world run it's endless cycles of good and bad.

So yeah..'humans' will never learn.

Someone has to play the devil and make this world a living hell. Or else this place would be like the perfect heaven and no one would inquire towards Truth or higher Consciousness, right? ;)

EDIT: After all, we only know about the limited time on our earth. We have no clue about what happens for eternity before and after that. Do not assume that this world is your permanent abode. Its not.

some good insights right here. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden 
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
Hint: It's a question and it is related to your thread.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

If you're assuming that a tree falls without anyone seeing in the first place, then following that same assumption, the tree makes sound as well without anyone hearing. xD

I was reading some commentary on Mandukya Upanishad this morning. It explained this phenomnea/qualia problem beautifully

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Yes, Humanity can be learned by all. Nowadays very less humanity is left among the people. But, for the development of the community,  We need to be responsible to work for humanity and this is the reason my sister always suggests me to join the mission humanitaire so that I can better learn about humanity.