Cudin

Could Multiple Personality Disorder Explain Life, the Universe and Everything?

5 posts in this topic

@Cudin That was a good one!  Thanks for sharing.  I think Bernardo's going to have another book coming out soon too; I hope he mentions this bit from the article.  

"In 2015, doctors in Germany reported the extraordinary case of a woman who suffered from what has traditionally been called “multiple personality disorder” and today is known as “dissociative identity disorder” (DID). The woman exhibited a variety of dissociated personalities (“alters”), some of which claimed to be blind. Using EEGs, the doctors were able to ascertain that the brain activity normally associated with sight wasn’t present while a blind alter was in control of the woman’s body, even though her eyes were open. Remarkably, when a sighted alter assumed control, the usual brain activity returned."

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

Glad you guys liked.

IMO, literally everyone suffer from multiple personality disorder. There is no single central intellectual ego -  A very cool and simple insight that can be achieved by meditation, psychedelics or even plain contemplation.

I think this scientific speculative "blessing" is very important, because it is a door for scientists to start considering other existential paradigms, so that science can actually take its leap of faith and start investigating consciousness not as a byproduct, but as the building block of reality.

We're still kinda very far from it, but I guess I'll be alive to see some really big shifts in humanity views of reality.

Edited by Cudin