Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Blue Examples Mega-Thread

1,359 posts in this topic

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

blue leadership triumphing and leading red towards blue 

20 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Leo Gura why is that Blue? I don't see any blue in it!! 

Classic nationalism, classic Blue. Absolutist worldview where my culture and my civilization is the greatest, all others suck and must be dominated into submission. Men run the show, women exist to satisfy man's needs and raise his babies and heirs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Blue is not just Nationalism, and thinking one's culture is superior. In fact, there are plenty of BLUE people who do not think that ''my civilization is the greatest, all others suck''.

I chose those images because they perfectly capture the BLUE life purpose of living righteously, and morally, with strict discipline and a hard work ethic. 

Thin of the farmer who gets up from dusk till dawn working the fields, raising his kids, and every Sunday they attend a church. It's that type of righteous living perfectly captured in those statues and posters above.

Off the top of my head, I can come up with some positive examples of Blue that exemplify this:

- Marcus Aurelius :  arguably one of Rome's best Emperors, who exemplified Plato's ideal of a philosopher King. He took his duties as Emperor very seriously, and was a wise and just ruler for the era.

- John McCain : one of the last principled people in the Republican Party, I'd argue. Saw his political career as one of Public Service, and was an honorable person. Was able to work with people of differing beliefs than his own, and was someone who was generally respected by people on both sides of the political isle in Washington (his opponent in the 2008 election, Obama, was the one to read the eulogy at his funeral).

- Hank Hill (King of the Hill) : Conservative guy who was raised by an emotionally abusive father, who nonetheless turned out to be a halfway decent person who works hard, and loves his family. While the comedy of the show comes from Hank being confounded by people of different beliefs that he has trouble relating to, at the same time he is able to respect different beliefs if he discovers that they're coming from a place of personal Integrity.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts Beautiful examples.

Hank Hill himself is such a morally upstanding figure, I’ve read stories of fatherless men who actually used him as a role model.

Marcus Aurelius is a really good contemplator

John McCain was an asshole who wanted military intervention against Iran, Russia, and China.

I think Hank Hill and Marcus Aurelius are the best the Blue value system has to offer, and I do want to grow and cultivate that type of moral upstanding character within me, and build that work ethic.

stage blue leadership is going to be nationalistic and ethnocentric. This is a visceral feature of stage blue politics. Look up Aurelius's thoughts on "the barbarians". Even someone as relatively morally exceptional as Aurelius would have used drone strikes against his enemies if he had access to them. 

12 minutes ago, louhad said:

stage blue leadership is going to be nationalistic and ethnocentric. This is a visceral feature of stage blue politics. Look up Aurelius's thoughts on "the barbarians". Even someone as relatively morally exceptional as Aurelius would have used drone strikes against his enemies if he had access to them. 

Of course, I'm not denying any of that. Let's also make sure not to conflate 'exceptional for his time' to someone we would find morally praiseworthy by our standards today. But he was probably as conscious and ethical as it was possible for someone in his time and place to be, considering he was at the helm of an enormous stage Red Empire constantly at war with its neighbors.

Edited by DocWatts

@DocWatts True. don't get me wrong, I am not negatively judging Aurelius. He was the leading edge of consciousness for his time and is highly respectable for so many reasons. We are standing on his shoulders. It is def not fair to be hypercritical of him without studying him relative to his social context. 

The larger point of that comment was that it isn't fair to judge stage blue people like John McCain as assholes simply because of militarist and nationalist tendencies. They can't help themselves!

Edited by louhad

@DocWatts Beautiful examples.

Hank Hill himself is such a morally upstanding figure, I’ve read stories of fatherless men who actually used him as a role model.

Marcus Aurelius is a really good contemplator

John McCain was an asshole who wanted military intervention against Iran, Russia, and China.

I think Hank Hill and Marcus Aurelius are the best the Blue value system has to offer, and I do want to grow and cultivate that type of moral upstanding character within me, and build that work ethic.

As for John McCain, I wouldn't have voted for him, but show me a Republican presidential candidate in the last 40 years who's not hawkish on foreign policy, and I'll buy you lunch (the only exception I can think of is Ron Paul, who was more of a Libertarian). Yes he was a military interventionist and I'm not defending that, but nationalism kind of comes with the territory for politicians at stage Blue.

He was also willing to work across the isle on issues like campaign finance reform, was relatively moderate on social policy, wasn't a Climate Change denier, and wanted to reform many of the worst excesses of the Bush regime (torture is the most obvious example). He conceded his 2008 presidential campaign with honor and humility, recognizing how momentous an occasion it was for African Americans across the country (and calmed the crowd down when they tried to boo Obama). He wasn't an obstructionist trying to steer the country down the road to fascism, which is something that can't be said for a majority of the Republican Party in 2020. 

On 11/19/2020 at 9:51 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Hank Hill himself is such a morally upstanding figure

Maybe so, but he's still gonna fall for nationalism and he still thinks his culture is superior.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 18/11/2020 at 9:55 PM, Lyubov said:

blue leadership triumphing and leading red towards blue 

Someone's been watching Peter Ralston? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Netflix gets huge backlash in India after showing a short kissing scene in one of the shows because it goes against their Culture and traditions.