Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Blue Examples Mega-Thread

1,358 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Lyubov I agree with what you said. Israel was formed under a decent cause (escaping the holocaust), but they're using old biblical nonsense to justify evicting Palestinian people from their homes, and they've got America and England to support them.

Originally it was colonies of Jewish people there with the minority ethnic group of local jews from the region. They started coming in massive numbers due to the holocaust and buying up land so the Arabs in the region started rioting due to this. I support Israel existing as a country in the terms of its original geography. The world was quite messy during WWII so I understand how it came into existence and the conflict over resources. Today however since some healing has occurred and time has passed it's time to call them out on their expansion and apartheid policy.  The israel/Arab conflict is complex and messy and I realize even with it's original geography land was unfairly taken from many natives.

Edited by Lyubov

That's nationalism for ya in a nutshell.

Ironic how today's Israelis behave like Nazis.

People get lost in the content differences while not seeing the structural similarities. The problem with Nazis was not their content but their structure.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

i came across this quote in 'Words Without Music: A Memoir ' a book about the life of composer Philip Glass (Who himself definitely is in stage green!).

The quote goes as follows: 'Kinder, Küche, Kirche'

This quote was used when he was telling about how his mother was a woman who could be considered a first generation feminist and who didn't want to abide by the standard gender roles.

The quote itself  is like the epitome of stage blue! 

Edited by MaxV

I’ve heard Fox News Bribed to get on stations originally. How true is this?

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Powerful and heartbreaking documentary about an American military family. The father is textbook stage Blue who potentially was beginning to move into Orange when tragedy struck and set him back. 

So that settles it. Westboro baptist church is less hateful than the KKK lol:

3:19-3:47

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Healthy vs toxic blue (or at least a guy acting toxic blue - he could be stage green in real life)

@Matt1576 Great example! Healthy Blue does exist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Matt1576 Great example! Healthy Blue does exist.

Thanks @Leo Gura:) Been watching your videos for around 4 years since I was 15 - back when I myself was heavily stage blue/Christian. 

7 hours ago, Matt1576 said:

Healthy vs toxic blue (or at least a guy acting toxic blue - he could be stage green in real life)

This actually brought a tear to my eye :/

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Text book case of a stage thinking it is above a stage when it is actually below it. Progression is seen as regression (explicitly stated in the title) and regression as progression. Also you can pretty much play stage-blue-vocabulary bingo with this one :D I love the fact that he uses the phrase "swing the pendulum" in the beginning, just like Leo often does in SD-videos

Edited by molosku

So many dogma representation here. Especially  6:50 They will never understand this. 10:09 I think spot on.

News segment observing the integration of races in Oldham, England.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@Apparition of Jack Both orange and red replace God with the individual, but orange does it with elegance and style. 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.