Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Blue Examples Mega-Thread

1,354 posts in this topic

@Chuco Welcome to the forum

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

Inside China's 'Thought Transformation' camps

This discussion was interesting because of the highlighting of a blue world view from an individual day to day perspective all the way to the worldview. Dakota seems to have a healthy blue ego transitioning into orange. It is interesting how in order to get into the military it seems that a good vs. evil worldview is necessary at least in the beginning. I found it quite enlightening to see the limitation of this worldview when dealing with PTSD. Dakota details how he killed an Afghan fighter in hand to hand combat using a rock, looking in its eyes and bashing his face in. He goes on to say very humane things about how both of them were just men fighting for the cause they thought to be right before diving straight back into stage blue thinking and saying that he would do it 1000 times over. But now, he has been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks.

I am intrigued by this situation because he displays quite a bit of self-awareness regarding the situation but not enough to question the fact that he got into the business of killing people.

Stage orange trying to appeal to stage blue and other stage orange youtube viewers

Edited by tenta

I can't find my favorite classic / traditional Burmese songs. :( One of them is a funny one that goes like, "Arr luu na ma bay ne." It could translate into potato, or the real translation is, "Don't bullshit."

Now, a lot of them are love songs or hip hop Burmese songs coming from the "younger generation."

Blue being threatened by green or yellow spirituality. Good way to look at all the nit-picking going on (from the bible), on both sides.  This made me laugh though. 

Bruce Lee has been a great guide in helping me to progress beyond blue.

"The classical man is just a bundle of routine, ideas and tradition. When he acts, he is translating every living moment in terms of the old.”

“Set patterns, incapable of adaptability, of pliability, only offer a better cage. Truth is outside of all patterns. Forms are vain repetitions which offer an orderly and beautiful escape from self- knowledge with an alive opponent.”

“Stylists, instead of looking directly into the fact, cling to forms (theories) and go on entangling themselves further and further, finally putting themselves into an inextricable snare.”

“Classical forms dull your creativity, condition and freeze your sense of freedom. You no longer “be,” but merely “do,” without sensitivity.”

“If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow— you are not understanding yourself. If you meet the unconventional attack, such as one delivered with broken rhythm, with your chosen patterns of rhythmical classical blocks, your defense and counterattack will always be lacking pliability and aliveness.”

“To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the “old”, you derive security; from the “new”, you gain the flow.”

“Understand the freedom from the conformity of styles. Free yourself by observing closely what you normally practice. Do not condemn or approve; merely observe.”

“Do not deny the classical approach simply as a reaction, for you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.”

“Truth is living and, therefore, changing.”

“what is” is constantly moving and constantly changing. If one is anchored to a particular view, one will not be able to follow the swift movement of “what is.”

– Bruce Lee, (The Tao of Jeet Kune Do).

Screenshot_20191104-165955.png