Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Blue Examples Mega-Thread

1,358 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2018 at 2:50 AM, Soulbass said:

There is also examples of blue in fiction (movies/tv) since it reflect our society values.

I was looking for the thread for Red stage examples to post Dwight Yoakums character Doyle Hardgraves as an example.

In the process of not finding one, I pondered about Billy Bob Thornton's character Karl Childers.

Is the character Karl Childers stage blue?  

The character Linda seems blue-orange,,,,

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 09.09.04.png

Perception vs reality is an important theme in spiral dynamics. Since, every stage think of itself as 'reality'. The other stages get bundled together as 'fake lies.' 

e.g. stage blue people often confuse orange for red; stage blue confuses yellow and orange aswell etc. 

Here is a prime example of a stage blue person. I am not trying to demonize the stage because I actually want to trascend some blue values to orange but I can see the limits of this video. Clear dogma and radical closed-mindedness

On 20/12/2018 at 3:10 PM, kieranperez said:

Did you ever notice the reaction from that movie? How patriotic everyone felt? Man... I was shocked in myself just how much that movie triggered a deep blue in me and in the way they did it. It’s pretty crazy. Good movie and very very blue and very good at bringing out blue in someone.

Yes, I felt it a lot too. The discourse of the sheeps, wolves and sheepdogs also brought out a lot of family values in me.

"Sinners deserve punishment & no compassion"

This couldn't be more accurate, and many punishment systems that are also a bit of orange embody this. In reality, a lack of compassion is what causes whatever "sin" in the first place.

Puts forward the case that the left (green) should be more blue, which is interesting 

Hank Hill

Edited by Emotionalmosquito
Photo more compatible with orange thread

Demonizing pedophilia as an absolute evil.

Edited by CreamCat

Why did Leo Mention Zen Monasteries and the marathon monks as stage blue? Aren't they stage turquoise because they are pursing the highest wisdom?  

I used mild profanity on a forum. A forum moderator says this forum is a framily-friendly forum. He says repeated offence will result in permanant ban. He is not aware that displaying the threat of ostracization with very little tolerance is actually more mentally harmful to children and family than mild profanity like shit and damn.

Kids who wanted to say shit and damn may be scared by the moderator and his followers.

When an improperly developed Blue person tries to be family-friendly, he or she is not family-friendly.

This example shows that Blue people who lack proper personal development may quickly resort to demonization.

Green is more hesitant about demonization in general.

A properly developed Blue person would be captain america. He takes responsibilities instead of demonizing others.

captain america.jpg

If you are not properly developed at any stage, you should develop lower stages first. Don't say you are Yellow or Green when you are weakly developed. I know that you are weakly developed when I see you quickly resort to demonization and anger and anxiety despite the fact that you said you were Green or Yellow.

Edited by CreamCat

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

On 12/27/2018 at 3:52 AM, Ali123 said:

radical closed-mindedness

LOL

---------

Here's a great example of stage Green reacting against solid stage Blue:

It's like both of them are play out a script.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

LOL

---------

Here's a great example of stage Green reacting against solid stage Blue:

It's like both of them are play out a script.

The host struck me as stage orange and not green. He sort of falls in the bucket of anti-religious/hyper rational people who like to make fun of stage blue folks. 

What makes you say he's green? 

@CreamCat hm whats so wrong with profanity? Is it a blue cultural phenomena? There are much worse things in our everyday speech than profanity that hurt our children 

Edited by d0ornokey

2 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

@CreamCat hm whats so wrong with profanity? Is it a blue cultural phenomena? There are much worse things in our everyday speech than profanity that hurt our children 

The moderators also deleted possibly duplicate threads without notifying me.

They seemed very eager to censor every little harmless thing they didn't like.

I stopped using their forums.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:37 AM, ThomasT said:

The host struck me as stage orange and not green. He sort of falls in the bucket of anti-religious/hyper rational people who like to make fun of stage blue folks. 

What makes you say he's green? 

Kyle is Orange/Green.

His politics is very Green. His metaphysical worldview is very materialist rationalist.

Early stage Green can still have a very materialist anti-religious worldview.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think blue could easily be manipulated by red because they still follow the herd blindly.

I think for her healing process and ppl like her, it's a good idea to evolve out of blue. We have a natural tendency for evolution through SD. However, some of us try to convince ourselves to stay in the herd without looking into other groups or having an open mind on new ideas/info and approaching them carefully. This is not just for stage blue; it's for all stages.