Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Blue Examples Mega-Thread

1,354 posts in this topic

The Japanese Empire in 1945 is an example of blue in excess 

Menace II Society

Blue reaction to Red in excess

"You know what I think; I think you should go home to Greenbow, ALABAMA!" -said Forest Gump after realizing that his beloved has gone astray and turned into a 'tumbleweed.'

Movie: Forest Gump

On 7/12/2018 at 6:59 PM, Joel3102 said:

"I am getting really sick of people who whine about "civilian casualties." Maybe I'm a hard-hearted guy, but when I see in the newspapers that civilians in Afghanistan or the West Bank were killed by American or Israeli troops, I don't really care. In fact, I would rather that the good guys use the Air Force to kill the bad guys, even if that means some civilians get killed along the way. One American soldier is worth far more than an Afghan civilian."

Ben Shapiro - 2002

https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2002/07/25/enemy-civilian-casualties-ok-by-me-n1391583

Ugly manifestation of stage blue thinking. 

That is super-typical of Blue thinking. It's not even ugly from their perspective because they really believe in the whole good guys vs bad guys narrative. And of course, we are always the good guys so we can do no wrong.

The lack of compassion comes from lack of exposure to the "bad guys".

Excellent example!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2018/6791680/croatia-fans-zagreb-welcome-home-final/

Croatia, my home country. 300,000 (out of 4 million) people on the streets welcoming our football team which won silver medal on the world cup. People here are extremely patriotic, the country was born out of war.

I believe this country is Blue as fuck, like 50% maybe?

NINTCHDBPICT000420911039.jpg

Edited by Antonius
pics

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

Borat, the embodiment of a stage blue character, triggering other stage blues in the form of rednecks. Comedy genius

Edited by carlowillo

Butch Hartman, creator of the famous animated shows Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom, seems like the typical conservative Middle America Blue/Orange mix. There's possibly Orange-type corruption going on with his Kickstarter; note I say "possibly". The YouTuber criticizing Butch, Crit1kal, is definitely Orange/Green, leaning more towards Green in his level of care for others; he has always donated all of the money he's gotten from ad revenue and has a strong Green-type morality that he expresses on his channel. This particular rant, though, seems more Orange: "Kids aren't robots. They have different tastes...Now, whether or not the kid should've seen the Exorcist falls on the parent...Kids are humans, not machines..." More subjectivity allowed than Butch's viewpoint.

Dan explains WHY YOU'RE POOR

Be sure to watch until the end.  This is the way Billionaires think and why they have most of all the resources.  They are relentless.

Edited by batfly

2 hours ago, batfly said:

Dan explains WHY YOU'RE POOR

Be sure to watch until the end.  This is the way Billionaires think and why they have most of all the resources.  They are relentless.

This is not Blue, this is very clearly Orange.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Very influential Muslim speaker. He’s known to have converted many thousands of people to Islam.

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1. Compulsory Public Education System.
  2. Jury Duty
  3. Military Conscription

This is very interesting:

It seems like blue is reacting against green, who are showing empathy and compassion for pedophiles. Though some points made in that video do seem valid, for example that the greeks seemed to have been going to the same direction. Was Ancient Greece actually transitioning to green? And might stage green be a weakness if other, competitive civilizations are stage blue/red, because of their willingness to be aggressive?

It seems to me like, especially in the past, green and orange are associated with the degradation of strong, unified moral values. Could it be that whenever there is prosperity in a society, the need for the morals (which previously were needed to stabilized the behavior of individuals to favor the survival of the society) disappear and thus the society becomes less stable? An analogy would be how a muscle develops, when you need to use the muscle it grows, and when you don't need to use it anymore, it becomes weaker, because there is no need for it to be strong. Could morals in a society function in a similar manner, that whenever there is put pressure on a society (for example having to survive in nature or having to defend against other groups) the moral system becomes more rigid to ensure survival, and when the pressure is gone (through technology, peace, prosperity) these structures just start to loosen up and compassion for all people start to arise (like compassion of minorities, other races, animals etc.)?

It seems like civilizations always crumbled when there was a lack of pressure for an extended period of time, which lead to the civilization being weakened, and then a sudden activity of high pressure which the civilization was not prepared for.

What does that mean for our future? Have we reached a point in which technology stabilizes us so effectively that we don't need moral standards anymore, even if there might come sudden, unexpected outside pressure? Will our civilization simply crumble and be replaced by more rigid civilizations, that have not yet reached stage green/orange? 

And how will blue continue to react against green? Reading the comments in the video makes one wonder.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel