Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Blue Examples Mega-Thread

1,359 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura gotcha! Thanks.

56 minutes ago, fatsinglebrokeNOTego said:

Also, I get a sense that stages are cyclical.

They're called "spiral" for some reason ;)

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

9 minutes ago, Mondsee said:

@Leo Gura gotcha! Thanks.

They're called "spiral" for some reason ;)

There are no stages. There is no blue, green, yellow, or turquoise. It’s just soemthing made up based on arbitrarily created categories.

1 hour ago, fatsinglebrokeNOTego said:

@Leo Gura I wonder if higher stages are necessarily better.

I get a sense that higher stages are more "true", but at the same time, I get a sense that limited resources, effects of close people who are also in lower stages, less quality food and less developed neo frontal cortex all affect the stages.

"Better" is a relative notion.

In the Absolute sense nothing is better than anything else.

In the relative sense, it's better to live in a Green society than a Blue society for most people.

Higher stages are less blindly selfish and egotistical than lower stage. Which generally makes for a "better" life. You would much rather live in Alabama than in the Congo.

But if you want to be a bloodthirsty psychopath, by all means, go ahead. See how that works out for you and your people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Joseph Maynor "I don't lie to myself..." -- Rush Limbaugh

LOL, that's classic!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There isn’t an Absolute. Existence is empty of anything that we humans assign to it. It’s just another creation of humans. 

There also isn’t a higher or lower because there aren’t any stages. 

15 minutes ago, Thanatos13 said:

There isn’t an Absolute. Existence is empty of anything that we humans assign to it. It’s just another creation of humans. 

There also isn’t a higher or lower because there aren’t any stages. 

Spiral Dynamics is just a useful model.  The relevant question to you is could you find the model useful to your growth.  How might the Spiral Dynamics model be incorporated into your personal development.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Again I keep saying that growth and development are a myth. 

7 minutes ago, Thanatos13 said:

Again I keep saying that growth and development are a myth. 

The issue with models is not conceptual truth it’s utility.  Clearly the model is useful, right?  Look how much we’ve been talking about it.  If it weren’t useful to us, nobody would be talking about it.  Models have legs only if they’re useful.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But Blue is the type of person who would die in the call of duty for his country/people.

Good thing blue people exist then. Or maybe it's not exclusively blue. I'm not saying you necessarily are saying that.

Edited by Edvard

26 minutes ago, Edvard said:

Good thing blue people exist then. Or maybe it's not exclusively blue. I'm not saying you necessarily are saying that.

I am convinced and i  see that blue is necessary to have civilization and imagine you have a civilization now ,.. and that will be evolve in to orange, green , yellow and turquoise... blue is necessary ... 

4 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

I am convinced and i  see that blue is necessary to have civilization and imagine you have a civilization now ,.. and that will be evolve in to orange, green , yellow and turquoise... blue is necessary ... 

Yeah, and my point was also that maybe you may wanna risk your life for the nation as orange, yellow, coral, etc. This is not exclusively blue. I can tell you one thing for sure. There are not only blue people in the military, especially not these days, in developed countries.

Edited by Edvard

19 minutes ago, Edvard said:

Yeah, and my point was also that maybe you may wanna risk your life for the nation as orange, yellow, coral, etc. This is not exclusively blue. I can tell you one thing for sure. There are not only blue people in the military, especially not these days, in developed countries.

Yes , it could be, I don't know, but if it's that's the case maybe they are blue but they have slightly different in color.. because as long as they have the belief of "for the nation" i would die for the Nation.. then that is the sign that they are blue.... pure orange , green , yellow , and turquoise,.. will not do that and think that way... unless they are pure blue or blue + slightly different color... the portion of blue is higher than the other. Color...

Edited by John Iverson

@Spacious

Obama is clearly not at Blue.  I type him as Green-Yellow.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Outer

You guys take your sabotaging trolling elsewhere please.  Don’t clutter this space up with your ignorance and manipulative tactics.  Find somewhere else to play for a while why we work here, ok?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, Outer said:

B-but m-my b-blue examples...

Am I stereotyping people?

Putting them into groups?

Am I ignoring the Individual?

Am I a part of the problem?

This is not the place for this discussion.  Post it as a separate question in the Self Actualization Forum.  Do not troll this thread.  I know how you are now.  You’re not interested in growth.  So don’t sabotage this tool for those of us who are.  Go get a job maybe.  Work to create something in the world instead of tearing things down all the time.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Spacious said:

I'm not claiming he is 100% blue, Spiral Dynamics isn't rigid, but this video is clearly an expression of blue values with the rule of law, duty, borders, immigration and justice.

You’re way off.  Watch more interviews of Obama.  Watch this one.  Allan Keyes, who Obama is debating, is at Blue.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Ether

5E79CA6D-E252-4B41-B7FB-82F8E4E14614.jpeg

dont know why it says @ether , ignore that

just wanted to add a Green quote 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!