Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Blue Examples Mega-Thread

1,354 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, sarapr said:

No one's found anything on Korean, Japanese or Chinese blue people?

These countries still remain mostly alien to us. 

Yep.  I’ve been to China twice.  Very Blue country.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@WildeChilde Enough of this nationalist nonsense.

I don't even understand why you're on this forum. Consciousness is not for you.

Nationalism is ego, plain and simple.

What is not Ego?  It’s Ego for you to judge him like that.  We all have Egos man.  Stop demonizing the Ego.  It’s a trap.  Start to become more pluralistic regarding Perspectives.  Accept that you don’t got the ‘one right’ Perspective.  you’re just ‘a’ Perspective.  And also your Ego is informed by the fact that you control this Forum.  So there’s Ego in that system too.  Every complex adaptive system has Ego as an emergent property.  Start to get more into Systems Thinking.  Again — full on Yellow is your Path.  See my Journals Vols 3  and 4 for insights about Systems Thinking, Stage Yellow, and Tier-Two Epistemology.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Lol, mike pence has been known to kiss Trump’s ass. Very obedient man.

Watch this video it’s very funny! ? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 hours ago, WildeChilde said:

I wanted to post in this thread because I’m in Stage Blue and wanted to show you all how many of us think.  

I think you're early orange, at least in your online appearance. Way too extravagant for blue. Way too much showing off. Maybe you were blue not so long ago or you're still blue if real-life punishment is around the corner, but right here, you're trying to solidify your identity by these stupid teenage provocations. Sounds like orange. 

Anyway, if you're leaving now, good luck. 

@Leo Gura well I think you should study Hitler again. He had no personal hate against jews, not at all. He used hate against jews to manipulate the masses. Nevertheless he also saw a problem in them because they controlled the financial system back in these days. His main goal was to liberate human mankind from this financial system. If there would be another option than killing all jews to destroy the financial system he would take this option, then he would not kill one jew. But there was no other option in the middle of a world war.  

“Mind and soul ultimately return to the collective being of the world. If there is a God, then he gives us not only life but also consciousness and awareness. If I live my life according to my God-given insights, then I cannot go wrong, and even if I do, I know that I have acted in good faith.” Adolph Hitler

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura well I think you should study Hitler again. He had no personal hate against jews, not at all. He used hate against jews to manipulate the masses. Nevertheless he also saw a problem in them because they controlled the financial system back in these days. His main goal was to liberate human mankind from this financial system. If there would be another option than killing all jews to destroy the financial system he would take this option, then he would not kill one jew. But there was no other option in the middle of a world war.  

“Mind and soul ultimately return to the collective being of the world. If there is a God, then he gives us not only life but also consciousness and awareness. If I live my life according to my God-given insights, then I cannot go wrong, and even if I do, I know that I have acted in good faith.” Adolph Hitler

It’s one thing to say you’ve transcended morality, it’s another thing to actually embody that.  Green cannot do that.  Green is way too attached to the Conceptual Truth Paradigm and being the ‘moral police’.  So, Green might say they’ve transcended morality, but they don’t actually live that way. You gotta embody your values, that’s much harder.  Any bum off the street can talk big, but walking big is an entirely different thing.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Blue national anthem debate. Indian media

Edited by Amit
Incorrect sentence

Many organizations have a document called Code of Ethics, which is IMO a perfect example of what blue is about. Not surprisingly, many bureaucrats, and civil servants, (and other types of employees) are asked to read and sign such documents before taking office. It's supposed to be a tool to avoid corruption, and it may as well be. If you have the chance, check out one of those "codes", they're as blue as they can be.

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

38 minutes ago, OBEler said:

There is a good deal of issues here, but you seem to be making the man out to be something he wasn’t. Genocide isn’t the answer since it usually throws the baby out with the bath water. 

Secondly, there isn’t anything blue about this master list. It’s just the opinion of a everyone on here. There isn’t anything factual about this list. Even spiral dynamics is dubious at best. It reads like someone arbitrarily decides what is higher and lower. It kind of reinforces my view that spirituality is all in your head.

Also morality isn’t something you transcend. There isn’t some cosmic ladder we are climbing. That is once again just the opinion of someone else. Plus there is already a word for it, nihilism. 

4 hours ago, Thanatos13 said:

There is a good deal of issues here, but you seem to be making the man out to be something he wasn’t. Genocide isn’t the answer since it usually throws the baby out with the bath water. 

Secondly, there isn’t anything blue about this master list. It’s just the opinion of a everyone on here. There isn’t anything factual about this list. Even spiral dynamics is dubious at best. It reads like someone arbitrarily decides what is higher and lower. It kind of reinforces my view that spirituality is all in your head.

Also morality isn’t something you transcend. There isn’t some cosmic ladder we are climbing. That is once again just the opinion of someone else. Plus there is already a word for it, nihilism. 

Spiral dynamics is a more or less useful tool not a conceptual truth.  Keep that in mind.  Spiral Dynamics is a lens, a framework, a conceptual system that can be more or less useful to us in particular contexts — especially when we’re charting our own growth.   Spiral Dynamics can help you make a shift in growth.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Doesn’t really address my point that the system is entirely arbitrary and these levels and categories are in our heads. 

Even the notion of growth and progress is really just in our heads, just like spirituality. 

4 hours ago, Thanatos13 said:

Doesn’t really address my point that the system is entirely arbitrary and these levels and categories are in our heads. 

Even the notion of growth and progress is really just in our heads, just like spirituality. 

It’s not entirely arbitrary though.  It’s a model.  If it didn’t have any utility, it would die on the vine as a collective conceptual system.  It wouldn’t have any legs.  That fact that we’re talking about it seems to suggest that the framework is useful to us.  Just don’t mistake the map for the territory, and don’t take the lens of Spiral Dynamics to be conceptually true.  It’s just a tool in our toolbox as Personal Development students and teachers.  Don’t make more of Spiral Dynamics than it really is.  It’s just a more or less useful tool. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 minutes ago, Thanatos13 said:

It triggered you pretty bad, I don't think an entirely arbitrary system would you like that.

1 hour ago, Thanatos13 said:

You don't have to believe in anything. You don't have to take anyone's word into consideration. The thing is, do you have friends? And, once you make friends, how long do they last? If you look at someone else, how come you and that other person can only be acquaintances or even strangers? It's totally your choice to use Spiral Dynamics in this area to explore and discover if it's a guide or not.

18 hours ago, WildeChilde said:

I'm not going to put a link for the documentary that talks about it on here

Greatest name drop never made

Hoho! The Blue mother lode.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.