Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Blue Examples Mega-Thread

1,354 posts in this topic

TITLE: A Catholic Approach to Identity Politics w/ Mary Eberstadt

TITLE: Oct. 10, 2013 - Leonard Sax - Faith & Boys and Girls; The Great Disappointment

Edited by Raze

This is SUCH a good example of spiral dynamics at play. I had to post it.

The question about relativism (largely a stage Green concept) is being posed to William Lane Craig, who is a theologian that defends God's existence and feels very Blue / Orange to me.

Notice that despite being lower on the spiral than Green, he is actually able to make an intelligent point against it, which is that relativism eats itself. This is hugely important because we tend to assume that valid critiques can only be made down the spiral. No! Lower stages can in fact sometimes see the flaws of higher stages. But it does not make those at the lower stages above them.

Why is that? It's because even though WLC can offer a refutation of absolute relativism, probably because of his extensive academic training, he fails at integrating and understanding the value of relativism and stage Green.

To truly be higher than Green, he would need to go through Green and relativism. He would have to let Green relativism burn through his objective notions of truth. Which he clearly has not done. He doesn't understand why people are relativists, he just thinks they are deluded. "Clearly absolute relativity is wrong! Therefore my relative constructions must be true, right?"

This is the same mistake Jordan Peterson is making.

Isn't spiral dynamics fascinating? iI's so complex! No one person could have ever figured all this out. Serious science is needed.

I started a thread about this, nobody answered, but I find this too interesting to be overlooked. It's Stage Red/Blue meets Blue/ early Orange

https://www.afghanistan-analysts.org/en/reports/context-culture/new-lives-in-the-city-how-taleban-have-experienced-life-in-kabul/

"What I experienced here in the last years, though, is that one can come across the perfect Muslim and the worst. Unlike villages where a lot of people go to the mosque to impress others, people in Kabul go there just for the sake of Allah. Unlike the villages where people endeavour to be called generous, people here do charity for the sake of Allah – people know little about each other and so they don’t need to impress each other."

"One thing I don’t like about Kabul is that people have moved here from all of Afghanistan’s 34 provinces and among them, a large number of criminals from across Afghanistan have made their way here and turned the city into a hub for their illegal activities. We face a lot of difficulties in eliminating crime, particularly robbery."

TITLE: Dr. Leonard Sax - Eric Metaxas Part 1 - Collapse of Parenting 2019

Stage Green poking fun at Stage Blue rural, nationalistic types that distrust the government:

Edited by aurum

Stage blue choosing suicide over facing the transformational dilemma (Javert from Les Misérables)

Fethullah Gulen has the ability to agitate the crowd in a way I have not seen before. 

Basically, he is saying, breathe the spirit of Muhammad, transcend time and place, and be with him.

watch the video to the end, it gets better xD

Edited by LSD-Rumi

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

I want to post Leo's integrity video here because it is a foundational video to watch if you are trying to integrate healthy blue into your life. Stage blue is about integrity, honesty, being whole, keeping your word, walking your talk.

"Integrity is who are you are when you are not trying to impress somebody or manipulate somebody or put on some kind of facade"

What is the opposite of integrity? Opportunism. Corruption. Evil. Sin. Devilry. Wickedness. Badness. Hypocrisy. Bullshit. Untrustworthy. The willingness to lie, cheat, steal, manipulate, cut corner. Ego - the ego is trying to survive by any means necessary. 

When you act without integrity, this produces suffering within your life. 

This is a story about a working man that has devoted his life to his family. His sole purpose is to make sure that they survive, to keep the wolves away. 

This is integrity, this is honor, this is nobility. 

The workin' man.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

To me this is a good example of a speaker mostly stage blue values reacting to a divorce from a more open ended marriage, with some respect and dignity in framing unlike the other online based conservatives:

To me this was a tough choice, as he isn't squarely at stage blue, but has different values from stage orange and even green, maybe a tiny bit of yellow when talking about the wisdom of truths in the past(likely meant wisdom here) is also likely relevant to modern times. Maybe we need another thread with Integral Theory framing for these types of individuals with a mixture of values.