Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Blue Examples Mega-Thread

1,354 posts in this topic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_panic

Stanley Cohen's Stages of Moral Panic:

Setting out to test his hypotheses on mods and rockers, Cohen discovered a pattern of construction and reaction with greater foothold than mods and rockers—the moral panic.

According to Cohen, there are five sequential stages in the construction of a moral panic:

1- An event, condition, episode, person, or group of persons is perceived and defined as a threat to societal values, safety, and interests.

2- The nature of these apparent threats are amplified by the mass media, who present the supposed threat through simplistic, symbolic rhetoric. Such portrayals appeal to public prejudices, creating an evil in need of social control (folk devils) and victims (the moral majority).

3- A sense of social anxiety and concern among the public is aroused through these symbolic representations of the threat.

4- The gatekeepers of morality—editors, religious leaders, politicians, and other 'moral'-thinking people—respond to the threat, with socially-accredited experts pronouncing their diagnoses and solutions to the 'threat'. This includes new laws or policies.

5- The condition then disappears, submerges or deteriorates and becomes less visible.

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

On 12/5/2021 at 9:00 PM, Adodd said:

WTF LOL! :DO.oxD

I laughed too hard at this.

The way he pronounces Christ is too funny.

If this song is not played at my funeral, I'm not dying. 

On 5/21/2021 at 6:15 PM, Master in Training said:

The thing that I am struggling to understand is that if the bible was created by someone that was enlightened and was grounded in Truth, how on earth did things get so screwed up that if you follow the bible to the tee now in 2021, you will actually be stuck at one of the lower stages in the spiral dynamics model.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:28 PM, blackchair said:

(phone bug)

Because classical enlightenment doesn't nesecarilly equal high ego development.

There can even be enlightened people who are stage purple (shamans).

Monks can be enlightened blue.

And also of course Bible (and other holy books) were written by their (Jesus', Buddha's etc) followers / disciples.

If you want someone classically enlightened who's at least orange there's Osho.

Enlightenment is easier at the higher stages but they're not nessecary.

I know (personally) people who have experienced insanely high levels of consciousness but are still blue / orange.

Russia's vMEME Blue Patriarchy and toxic masculinity... but also its rebellion by vMEME Green youngsters 

These conservatives make a strong case for why the ability to abstract across classes is not fully developed before Orange. You draw the simplest comparison and they think you're switching topics. Forget about systems thinking – this is a lack of analytical thinking.

It's a common thread in the discussion, but here is a few highlights: 13:00, 39:20.

Blue correlates with Concrete Operational, and Orange correlates with Formal Operational.

main-qimg-a8e260f04b56ee78cf7974c7b0f38232-lq.png

Bonus material of Destiny displaying basic systems thinking i.e. context awareness (which flies over everyone's heads): 58:57

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

TITLE: "The Sexual Revolution Created Identity Politics" - Mary Eberstadt

What do you call those people who are obsessed with veganism? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

22 hours ago, Preety_India said:

What do you call those people who are obsessed with veganism? 

Moral people

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Reminds me of Midsommar

This is what many societies were like in the middle ages

“The only solution for bad and violent people are good people who are more skilled in violence”

-Samurai Code 武士道 (Bushido)

Is this correct?

I was going to post an image of this post, but it featured an image of a Samurai in full armor holding a decapitated head. which I figured may be inappropriate for this forum.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله