thehero

Question about feeling

6 posts in this topic

I've made an insight recently to stop suffering, all I have to do is let go and feel the emotion 

I now have been doing this automatically, as it feels much better to feel the body sensations of an emotion rather than suffer in my mind (10000x) 

This has occurred because suffering in my mind actually leads to even more suffering than if I just felt the body sensations that are in the present moment 

I'm wondering if any bad things can happen here?

Is it possible to avoid problems by feeling?

No, this is not avoiding feeling, this is actually embracing it, rationalization and thought-stories is is more likely to cause suppression and more pain. But dont try to stop thoughts if they occur, let them happen but keep your focus on the body.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

21 minutes ago, Rilles said:

No, this is not avoiding feeling, this is actually embracing it, rationalization and thought-stories is is more likely to cause suppression and more pain. But dont try to stop thoughts if they occur, let them happen but keep your focus on the body.

Indeed - the attempted “stopping” of thoughts is itself the movement of thought/self. Stopping being a form of resistance; escape from what-is.  

Thought killing thought. 

Ego mind killing ego mind. 

Although the “meditator”/body focuser is also a subtle movement of thought/self.

Edited by robdl

9 hours ago, robdl said:

Indeed - the attempted “stopping” of thoughts is itself the movement of thought/self. Stopping being a form of resistance; escape from what-is.  

Thought killing thought. 

Ego mind killing ego mind. 

Although the “meditator”/body focuser is also a subtle movement of thought/self.

Precisely...well said.