John Iverson

A sample Person , that is in Stage Blue.. send a videos here for a sample

93 posts in this topic

@White Ahh interesting. I was wondering where I fell on the ole Spiral Dynamics model. Thanks for your reply. 

@Rilles That ole chestnut eh? I've actually used those very words myself, much to my own disappointment (I have a teenage daughter). I grew up with that sentiment. Allow me to add (and defend myself entertainingly, I'm sure) that I only ever used it when I was at my absolute wits end xD I don't feel as though I'm tried to this degree with her nowadays. 

What about 'children should be seen and not heard!' And 'Do as I say, not as I do!'?

@Emerald That’s amazing! :) . I wish I could come up with something like that!

I’d be looking forward to your posts much more from now on. 

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

@Sparkist You are coming across as if your intention here is to talk about you, rather than spiral dynamics / self actualization.

Correct?

My intention was not to pigeonhole you into a spiral dynamics colour, but to use your words as an educational tool for further discussion.

Edited by White

source: cook-greuter.com 

1 hour ago, John Iverson said:

question, if the shoe video of islam, can he be classified also as red if he killed the guy?? Because of his ideology? And literal interpretation of koran

Fanatical Blue will not hesitate to kill people. This doesn't turn him Red, this is Blue functioning at its peak.

Blue will crusade to kill infidels, and he won't feel bad abut it because he's vanquishing Satan's minions. Sinners deserve to go to Hell. There is to be no compassion for Satan's minions.

Throwing a shoe at Satan is letting him off easy ;)

Did George W Bush feel bad about invading Iraq? Nope. He was doing God's work. The death of 100,000+ Iraqis is a small price to pay for protecting the kingdom of God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@White I'm keen to learn more about myself and where I fall within Spiral Dynamics and self actualisation. I was aware that I had lived out traits of blue and wanted to admit that, so as not to put myself across falsely. And other than that just exchanging experiences with Rilles and anyone else who may want to share. Why do you ask?

Edited by Sparkist

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is to be no compassion for Satan's minions.

Blue is quite unforgiving. Even healthy blue. 

1 hour ago, John Iverson said:

can he be classified also as red if he killed the guy??

There is actually more red in the green meme than in blue.

Observe how narcissistic green is, it thinks it's ego is the centre of the universe and that everything else on the spiral is unnecessary. 

Old Testament (Red) overcome/subjugate(usually massacre) the idol worshipping cultures of stage purple. "Canonisation"(Ecclesatiscal Law) of the New Testament to stage Blue.

1 hour ago, White said:

@Sparkist Your way of thinking is orange/GREEN. Green values mutual respect, give and take. The problem green has is it denies everything underneath it to hold onto it's values. That's where yellow comes from, it appreciates all the systems of first tier and seeks to integrate them back in their healthy forms. 

So yellow appreciates the rules and roles, but doesn't cling tightly to them because it can also appreciate orange (which breaks the rules in order to develop autonomous thinking). 

@John Iverson

Do you think extremist Islam is red? I don't agree. I think it's blue, but it's unhealthy blue because it's stuck. 

Red is a different beast altogether. Red isn't only destructive, every stage is destructive in its stuck or unhealthy forms. 

I don't know, I'm just asking, because, if you kill someone you did an act of crime.. and red is the stage who are criminals...

but thanks for your opinion :D I appriciate it...

2 hours ago, Sparkist said:

@John Iverson My Dad once told me I should respect him because he is my father. I disagreed. I feel that my respect shouldn't come because of status, position or expectation, but by actions, and mutual respect and understanding. He was absolutely enraged when I stood up to him in this way. I don't think he's ever really truly forgiven me. I believe his sentiment was very stage blue.

I have had an issue with 'authority', certainly for the sake of authority, for many years. Titles and hierarchies don't really mean anything to me. Just because you are the 'boss' or the 'father' or the 'leader' does not mean I instantly do what you say and instantly give you respect. We've seen many people in positions of power over the years take advantage of those positions and use them for selfish and/or evil means. So, all credibility in hierarchical structure comes into question, for me.  

Haha yessss!! And that's exactly blue! Haha, how are you? Imean that time? Did your dad slap you? Or punish you? For standing up? 

@John Iverson

I would have thought stage Blue, are the criminals & saints. Crimes and Punishment.

Given the pletothra of modern laws/regulations, everyones probably a criminal, to some degree if you go by that.

1 hour ago, Sparkist said:

@White Ahh interesting. I was wondering where I fell on the ole Spiral Dynamics model. Thanks for your reply. 

@Rilles That ole chestnut eh? I've actually used those very words myself, much to my own disappointment (I have a teenage daughter). I grew up with that sentiment. Allow me to add (and defend myself entertainingly, I'm sure) that I only ever used it when I was at my absolute wits end xD I don't feel as though I'm tried to this degree with her nowadays. 

What about 'children should be seen and not heard!' And 'Do as I say, not as I do!'?

Try to watch video of Leo about Spiral Dynamics.. and you will spot what stage are you..  i cannot say anything because I don't know you well,.. it could be you have issue to your dad because you are also have an ideology of blue that the core of it... it could be your father is strict and you are like liberal that you want justice or freedom , idk.. haha share here if you know it already.... and ohh wait also for the next videos of Leo he will also tacke spiral dynamics again, one by one...

@John Iverson Oh he didn't slap me, but he was very angry which made me quite fearful. We were in his car and I actually got out while we were stopped at traffic lights because he was driving recklessly and was leaning over to my side and shouting right in front of my face. He didn't talk to me for quite some time afterwards.

We have re-built our relationship but it very different to how it was before. I believe that this has made our relationship less 'roses and daisies' in his eyes. Less idealistic. To me, our relationship is more genuine than it ever has been, though. I certainly don't feel like a little child around him now. We tend to agree to disagree and move on whenever our views conflict, now. So, we've grown from it. 

5 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Try to watch video of Leo about Spiral Dynamics.. and you will spot what stage are you..  i cannot say anything because I don't know you well,.. it could be you have issue to your dad because you are also have an ideology of blue that the core of it... it could be your father is strict and you are like liberal that you want justice or freedom , idk.. haha share here if you know it already.... and ohh wait also for the next videos of Leo he will also tacke spiral dynamics again, one by one...

@John Iverson Spiral dynamics is a totally new concept to me. I have no idea what stage I'm in, but I've learnt so far that I can relate to parts of more than one of the stages. I've done a little bit of my own research online since hearing about it and I'm still not really any of the wiser about where I sit. I really enjoyed Leo's video on blue and am definitely going to be tuning in to the rest of the series! Do you know what stage you're at? 

@John Iverson  Red isn't the only stage who are criminals. 

The banks ripping off society who get fined big bucks, that's stage orange. Each stage can commit crimes. Even green..peace protesters getting violent, to name but a few. Every stage has its problems because it is all ego. 

Edited by White

33 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

I don't know, I'm just asking, because, if you kill someone you did an act of crime.. and red is the stage who are criminals...

but thanks for your opinion :D I appriciate it...

Jon it's not my opinion, this is a feature of spiral dynamics - stuckness at a certain stage and healthy and unhealthy expressions of each meme. 

@White Is turquoise still ego? Or is that a stage which has transcended ego? 

Ego is fast becoming a bit of a mind-f*** to me. The more I think about it, the more I can't get my head around ego not being a part of anyone's being/actions/desires etc. Or else they'd just be silent and still? Or does ego still manifest in someone who has transcended ego, simply because they choose to 'play' with it? 

7 minutes ago, Sparkist said:

@White Is turquoise still ego? Or is that a stage which has transcended ego? 

Ego is fast becoming a bit of a mind-f*** to me. The more I think about it, the more I can't get my head around ego not being a part of anyone's being/actions/desires etc. Or else they'd just be silent and still? Or does ego still manifest in someone who has transcended ego, simply because they choose to 'play' with it? 

It's all ego. The phenomenal world is ego. Try separating experience from an experience-er - It's not possible. 

Spiral dynamics is a map of the ego.

I think you're correct in your intuition  

Edited by White

19 minutes ago, White said:

Jon it's not my opinion, this is a feature of spiral dynamics - stuckness at a certain stage and healthy and unhealthy expressions of each meme. 

Okay, thankyou for your feature of Spiral Dynamics ☺️

2 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

Okay, thankyou for your feature of Spiral Dynamics ☺️

Ok. So you wanted a discussion?

Why are you closing the discussion down?