WildeChilde

Is Stage Green A Weird One for Men (Spiral Dynamics)?

33 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Dogsbestfriend said:

It's a classification system, a tool - isn't this something you can just do away with eventually? I don't even see the real advantage of using it to classify people and put them into certain categories when you can understand from the a more fluid and complete sense - truly seeing them?

It is rather fluid, and people who think of them as rigid classifications are using it wrongly. Many people are combinations of different stages — either throughout their entire lives, or being in specific stages in particular areas of life. 

It’s a good measure for progress — at least as an estimate. People like to argue that we’re all “special” and “unique” — as if there are no similarities between many human beings at all that allow them to collectively organize into entire civilizations with similar beliefs and cultures.

People argue against oversimplifications, but there’s also such a thing as overcomplicating your uniqueness in a way that you don’t learn as much. People who experience similar events tend to hold similar solutions — divorce, unemployment, poverty, bullying, and many others. So why not pair things up in a category?

This all stems from the beliefs that we’re only supposed to understand ourselves as individuals, but not how we’re part of different groups as well.

I’m not saying that you should only focus on how a group affects you. I’m telling you to understand how both lens of viewing the world can affect you.

19 hours ago, Quanty said:

Same as Personality tests are just built to ensure a system that the subject does not think for themselves because if they fail and have multiple choices, they discard them  :) 

This is a misconception of personality tests. These are not meant to be used as utter predictions of yourself, but estimates. Don’t trust those people who stereotype and judge people entirely by their personality type — they give us typists a bad name. It’s a guide, not a crystal ball.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

I think that guy from the Osho documentary is a cool example of a stage Green male. 

The guy they interview and is doing his story. 

He was a high functioning lawyer very successful in stage Orange society. But he chose to live the stage Green life. Not by weakness but by choice. 

Very honest guy it seems as well. Very loyal. He stuck with it to the end unlike others who left when the ship started sinking. 

Manly guy, I am sure he was getting laid. But again he lived stage Green by choice not because he couldn't succeed in society. 

I was like, that's a cool guy, I could aspire to be someone like that. 

Edited by SFRL

as long as you act authentic i dont see a problem

Stage red men get laid the most!

I'm 18 years old and I'm definitely stage green. Although I am very pacifist, a vegan, and have long hippie hair, it takes a real masculine man to be able to fully embrace his feminine side. I feel more free to express how I feel in the moment which is something that most men resist. 

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

2 hours ago, Sea said:

Stage red men get laid the most!

I would say stage Orange. "Material". Taken to its rational conclusion. Coupled with another stage.

Beige (Masculine) - "Basic Instinct", "Species".
Purple (Feminin) - Idol worship. God King or Queen.
Red (Masculine) - Dominance.
Blue (Feminin) - Protection.
Orange(Masculine) - Material.

------------------------

Green (Feminin) - Relationship based.  
Yellow (Masculine) - Complimentary to the self. Empirically values based.

I would say to really embody masculinity and have strong character, you have to be able to be vulnerable. Think of this way: which one is more of a man, someone who wears a full suit of armour and carries a sword and shield, or someone who goes naked with no weapons? well the second one certainly more vulnerable, but it took so much inner strength in him to remove the armour and be authentic and vulnerable. So guys who act macho and are consantly trying to one up eachother, chase success, and push away thier emotions and weakness are taking the easy choice. It would take much more strength to be able to express how you really feel, not be afraid to cry and not make excuses when you fail but just say "yeah i failed there", be able to ask people for help etc. Like many things this is counter intuitive. Jordan Peterson mentioned this quote from the bible "the meek shall inherant the earth" which according to him "meek" means "those who keep thier swords in thier sheaths when they could fight" so essentialy properly integrated stage green is like sheathing your sword. You are CAPABLE of being macho, dominant, etc. but you choose to take off your armour and be vulnerable and authentic. 

From my experience I never really saw the manliness in trying to act manly, no one really thought of me as feminine although I think I made some of my friends and families heads turn after how open I was to being gay.  I'm not gay, but if I wanted to suck some dudes dick, I would, and I think that kind of attitude can come off as feminine.   At the current moment, I feel like people can be really insecure around me, I attribute this to my confidence and that I will genuinely press you on your ideas if I feel like you are being delusional.  I think you become much more confident and assertive as you move up the spiral, and this fake kind of exaggerated chimp manliness falls away and by acting genuinely, a kind of smoother more natural confidence and assertiveness may arise, and that's definitely still interpreted as manliness by others if you are worried about other people's opinions, but it's a lot different than this seemingly forced I gotta be the strongest guy on top type competitive manliness.  It's literally just tapping into what may or may not already be there, but just be genuine to how you feel and see if it comes through

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Stage Green only looks feminine and weak from the lower stages. When you're in it, you'll see how strong being feminine and vulnerable actually is. 

For example, only a Green man would cry in front of a woman. Which actually takes balls. Paradoxically, being vulnerable makes you more of a man. Because If you can cry in front of a woman, you are one very strong man ;) 

1 hour ago, Sahil Pandit said:

If a stage green man rejects the identity of being "spritiual", what stage quality is that? 

It depends in the underlying values, motivation and maturity level. Also depends on the context the man is using “spiritual”.

Is Stage Green A Weird One for Men (Spiral Dynamics)?

Being a nerd hillbilly in a red - blue hillbilly culture, it wasn't a simple and easy unfolding sort of thing.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn