DonMario

Going OMAD for the rest of my life.

25 posts in this topic

Hi to all of you actualizing friends. I want to let you know about my experience on this OMAD (OneMealADay) journey I just begin a week ago. I'll be posting/updating my experience as the days go by but to start with I can tell you that OMAD (doing it correctly) has gave me like a new chance/opportunity to manage how I live and actualize my life. I just feel so energized so I can do a lot of personal development work, I enjoy so much more that unique and only time I have to eat in a day, I have way more often that feeling of meditation, I feel less sleepy, I also feel happy more often than before. Well, too much I can continue writing about it (my own OMAD experience) but that's it for now, I would like to read other ppl experiences as well so feel free to comment/post please. 

Peace.

Hi @DonMario , How are You ?

I am going to start a Dry Vegan Raw intermittent fasting ( with soups and something like that ) tommorow, and it is near to what You are doing,

Any suggestions ?

Its wonderful isn't it :P

I personally enjoyed the appreciation you gain and patience for food itself. You feel so much more connected and nourished with the one meal because you have been waiting so long then when its feast time its always a spiritual experience. No time for watching TV or doing something else while eating, just me and the food one on one. Another thing i like about OMAD is you become more balanced minded and mindful of day to day life and activities, calm yet energized when needed. You are no longer having up and down spikes you have with more frequent meals, its a more sustained energy and very for for a zen-lifestyle.

Plus you have so much more time in the day instead of preparing multiple meals and worrying about breakfast, lunch, dinner and getting frequent hunger spikes as your body becomes used to that lifestyle. Personally i stopped because i missed snacking on fruits during the day and the high light energy i feel of them but i still do it on and off and especially in winter time its very efficient way of eating although by nature i either do 1 - 2 meals a day and hardly ever eat anything before noon as it feels odd to me because i have lived this way for several years.

I eat different with the seasons but OMAD is definitely one of the best experiences and more efficient ways of eating/living.

B R E A T H E

9 minutes ago, pluto said:

No time for watching TV or doing something else while eating, just me and the food one on one.

You are describing it like You are on a date with the food xD.

I think that omad gives a pretty good break to your digestive system as well as give you the ability to easily go for a 2 day fast. I've found that I obsess about food less and and am pretty happy to eat less palatable (but healthier foods). You also get a level of self control that guides you throughout the day. 

Edited by StephenK

44 minutes ago, Star Net said:

You are describing it like You are on a date with the food xD.

Yeah well that's what it feels like when you don't eat for 23 hours :P

B R E A T H E

@Star Net Hey Im excellent and getting better, Im glad to read that you are going to start working on fasting, you'll get that satisfied that you won't want to go back at the way  you use to eat. One suggestion besides surfing the web for tons of info is to keep hydration every single hour, try tea and a small cup of coffee when you get tired of only water, during my meal I take advantage to make a good fruits smoothie for desert to end with. How is it been on your 1st day?

@pluto Hey sir, I'm so glad you have replied back and make me realized Im not alone on this journey (only 1 in 20 of my close ones are agree with me doing OMAD) so we can share insights to help each other, it was so interesting to read your comment, what's your opinion on when is it better to do exercise? before or after the meal (obviously no right after)?

@StephenK I agree with the break I feel and know is going on with my digestive system. I found that by hydrating hourly I can do OMAD easier. How long have you been on this Stephen?

Mad Reespek for the ones doing it!

I don't see myself doing it. Ever.

@DonMario About 4 months now. I've been through periods of fasting for 16 hours, 24 hours, 48 hours and 72 hours in the past. Never longer than that, since I am naturally lean. I see OMAD as just one type of fasting routine amongst many.  

Hey Don, Most welcome :) I would usually do light cardio in the morning and general day to day activities during the day then in the late afternoon/early evening i would do strength and weight training about 30 - 1 hour after i would consume a nutrient rich shake then have my main meals afterwards to fill me up.

Herbal teas, Matcha, Cacao, Yerba Mate and Sometimes Coffee i would consume during the fasted state to keep me going although they are not always necessary but i find many herbs, spices and some fungi actually boost and enhance the benefits of fasting although there is still a lot of confusion with what breaks a fast and what does not. Some say only water cannot break it, other say coffee, teas are fine, you'd have to experiment and find where you feel best personally and do that.

B R E A T H E

@StephenK Oh wow, 72h is amazing, how did you feel? How are you feeling months later you started OMAD? 

For me personal, it's being so helpful in too many ways that I decided going OMAD for the rest of my life, oh another question I have is related to alcohol (beers), I find myself that I cannot drink too much, at the end I been planning on dropping alcohol from my life, but I want to know if are a consumer and how did deal with that?

@pluto Awesome, thanks Id start doing some workout on mornings, seems good idea as well as the herbal tea, need to buy some more.

Regarding the drinking, I like semi-hot water, an Oriental doctor suggested my mother to do that and I love it, makes me feel fulled and my vital functions of the body seem (I feel it) to work better. Another point here is that I did some beers (max 4) sometimes, I thought I was cheating doing that plus I quickly felt drunk so I came to the idea of drinking only a few times on a month. Im not planning on dropping it at all but yeah I want to stay away as much as I can. 

Hey @pluto have you ever felt like tripping on psycodelics during the evening, or during the 8th-10th hour after the meal? for me is like being a bit tripping on magic mushis so tons of insights start to come aboard :D Also I started consuming less weed since I just keep doing things during the whole day without even remembering of smoking some weed.

When i did OMAD i would usually eat 2 - 4 hours before bedtime because any earlier i would get hungry again for some reason. Staying up late seems to drain my energy and make me hungry. I did have some moments where felt like tripping but i guess it is normal when you are fasting and the body is quite pure most of the time thus consciousness has more access and potential to bring out deeper parts of self.

I have done 1 - 2 weeks water fasts in the past as well and then i also felt these higher consciousness experiences because the body is very pure so you naturally tap into stuff that would usually be very difficult with a regular diet/lifestyle.

Hope this helps :)

B R E A T H E

Interesting eating before bedtime, happens the same for me, I eat during lunch time but I feel so hungry at 21-23pm, I will change that and eat before bedtime as well, I will start on Saturday :)

Today starts my second week of doing OMAD (my new life), Im feeling more than happy when I see that I can make it and besides that the results/benefits from doing OMAD. An increase of awareness, mindfulness, consciousness is what Im more thankful of, my perception of the huge need of doing meditation increased as well, I see it so vital now. Hunger attacks pretty often but I know Im stronger than that, knowing that I can use that strength is amazing on too many areas in my life. 

On 18.06.2018 at 9:19 PM, DonMario said:

One suggestion besides surfing the web for tons of info is to keep hydration every single hour

So You think that Dry fasting is bad ?

Imo it's good for ordinary folks who don't do sports very much. But for those who do do sports (me inlcluded) it's pretty hard and stressful to take in all calories you need in one meal. Especially if you do it with healthy foods as they tend to be more caloric dense meaning more volume for less calories. You just feel superbloated after such 2k~ calorie meal. And it's impossible, really, to consume a lot of vegies this way. Your stomach doesn't say ty. 

I've thought about doing OMAD a few times in my life, but I always worry about how much weight I'd lose, as I'm on the light side already.

What about intuition? Isn't is wise to listen to the body? So when you feel hungry you should eat, when you feel thirsty you should drink and when you want some sweets theres probably nothing wrong with them, no?

Or is it all the ego trying to fill the holes as if something is lacking?

I never did OMAD - perhaps I will try it for a while and report back ;-)

What's the difference between a duck?

@Hello from Russia I know a lot of athletes that thrive better in this lifestyle than regular. The key is not "caloric density" the key is "nutrient density". OMAD doesn't necessarily mean one meal it means more of one eating period. So you eat within 1 - 2 hour window roughly then fast 22 - 23 hours some do 2 - 4 hour window but is less efficient for optimum Health, Performance & Longevity benefits.

Checkout Dr. Nun Amen Ra. He is a expert in the field and breaks strongman world records living this way as he found out this is how humans evolved and are most efficient way to live. He also only consumes roughly 1500 nutrient dense calories no animal products which shows how this is far more efficient and comparable to consuming 3000+ calories in multiple meals throughout the day.

Yes you cannot consume much fresh fruit and vegetables but you consume legumes, tubers, nuts & seeds, avocado, dried fruits and more cooked veggies ect.. which become more nutrient dense and you can pack in more in a smaller volume at once. (Athletically speaking)

@Mirror of Confusion The body feels hungry based on how its conditioned to consume. If you eat every 2 - 3 hours your body will adapt to that then you will naturally feel hungry every 2 - 3 hours. If you eat once every 48 hours you will eventually adapt as well and only feel hunger close to the 48 hour mark. I have done most of these experiments myself.

Its all conditioning/adaptation.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E