Hello from Russia

How did you find your life purpose?

19 posts in this topic

Please, share your experience on how you found your life purpose. What did u do? How did it happen? What frameworks did you use? What book helped you the most in this journey?
Secodandary, did you go to university ? how did you align your life purpose with university degree? What major did you choose because of your LP and why? 

Edited by Hello from Russia

I always liked basketball. Said to myself: "Hey, this will be my LP."

Then, I stopped liking it so much.

I liked rap. Said to myself: "Hey, this will be my LP."

I haven’t completely found mine but taking Leo’s life purpose course was a great start. 

I’ve really pushed my boundaries because of it. For example, i probably never would’ve done stand up comedy if I hadn’t taken Leo’s course. The fear would’ve been too much. But after learning what I have I started to explore and ended up facing that fear head on just a few weeks ago. 

Not 100% sure but stand up comedy might be my passion. 

I highly recommend Leo’s life purpose course.

I've started to be open to the possibility that there is no such thing as a true calling. Just like it doesn't necessarily make sense to stay with the same partner for life. We change and outgrow our surroundings. And I'm happy about that. My life would be far less colourful if my beliefs, surroundings and networks all stayed the same forever more. 

I realise that I am a dynamic being, capable of adapting and growing and changing. I want that to continue. So, I'm becoming less focused on my LP as being a career or a certain 1 dimensional path...and more about doing what I have to do in order to fund and facilitate the things which make my heart soar, whatever they may be. Maybe that's my LP. 

Edited by Sparkist

its all about encouraging you to do the thing that, in the back of your mind you always considered to be a"nice hobby" or a fantasy. As you progress with the course, you see a pattern emerging and more and more this distant thing starts becoming  realistic, you visualise it and before you know it, you start taking few steps. 

For me, I was always interested in the body, fitness and lifestyle and now I'm in the second year of naturopathic medicine, learning anatomy, all sorts of pathologies, the nutrition, herbs and natural healing. 2 years ago, this was just a fantasy. I am still in a boring corporate job but believe that at some point I will have enough knowledge to move into this.....somehow.... althoughI haven't  figured out the way yet :D

So it sorta gives you this encouragement that whatever it is, you can decide to pursue it, regardless of how remote that things seem from where you currently are. And it does give you a lot of positive energy when you know that you are hopefully working towards something meaningful. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I would describe the finding and going after my current life purpose as:

I looked in what type of work I believe in. Believe in that it could change the lives of many for the better.

Then I created a good enough story in my head that forced me to take action.

The rest comes as you go, just walk into the jungle...

On 6/17/2018 at 10:38 PM, Hello from Russia said:

Please, share your experience on how you found your life purpose. What did u do? How did it happen? What frameworks did you use? What book helped you the most in this journey?
Secodandary, did you go to university ? how did you align your life purpose with university degree? What major did you choose because of your LP and why? 

Hello from Merica. Homeostasis / life was what I was already doing. ? 20 years of practices, shroom tea, lots of learning. The Celestine Prophecy, Stillness Speaks, Sciences, Arts, Quantum Mechanics, Buddhism. Went to college until I realized purpose is was freedom, then I freed ‘myself’ (not to imply a degree isn’t a means to freedom). I was going for business, though I was unaware the role it played in freedom when I ‘chose’ it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I remember since I was a kid I had a strong desire of creating beautiful pieces of art. I always got connected with drawing and even started a Graphic Design degree. But I saw no reason for a college degree because I wanted to be an enterpreneur. Along college, I also got a bit disconnected from drawing and thought life was about something more "serious" than designing characters (I was really seeing no value on my art). In 2014 things really got worse for my psyche and I wasn't able to deal with some childhood traumas I had. In 2015, I was hospitalized and diagnosed with schizophrenia. I tried different things since 2015 like writing, coding and video editing, but nothing was resonating with me (I kind enjoyed these stuff, but something was lacking) and sometimes I really denied my artistic being. Now I see that I have no schizophrenia and I'm connecting myself with drawing and art again. I have no shame of wanting to be an artist and I'm feeling pleasure when I draw and see my finalized projects.

I think your Higher Self can help you with finding your Life Purpose, but, if you no clue of what your passion is, maybe you need to try new things. Or maybe you need to reconnect yourself with your inner child in order to realize what was your passion when you was a kid.

I found my life purpose, and even learnt so much about myself, by looking deep into my childhood. I randomly started writing a book when I was 12 - not so random after all. So I jot down writing. I played the piano and drums as a kid, and won competitions and even composed my own music. Jot down music. I trained under a Kung fu master, and even competed in China - jot down Kung fu. I did boy scouts - jot down boy scouts. I synthesised all of this down, and concluded that music is my ultimate expression and will be my primary focus, writing will be my secondary focus, and meanwhile I can continue to do Kung fu training and spend a lot of time in nature (scouts) as a means of life mastery and gathering inspiration for my work in music and writing. So for me, it wasn't a case of discovering 'my one passion' or 'my calling'. I just looked at all the things I was naturally doing during my childhood years, and created a holistic understanding of how they all fit together, and harmonise to, well, ultimately create the story that I'm living currently and will be living until my last day. 

As for going to study these things, I knew it wasn't necessary. I just followed my heart, fully embodied the concept of Mastery and went at it. 

I found my life purpose 5 years ago by typing ''How to find your life purpose'' in Google. The search led me to reflect on my gifts, passions, childhood dreams, values etc.

After writing furiously in my journal for two hours, I had a vision : I saw my self on stage speaking to a crowd of high school students. As soon as I saw the image, a powerful shock ran from the top of my head all the way down my spine. I knew.

Edited by martin_malin

failing really hard at a lot of other things...

unborn Truth

@Hello from Russia Hi! I found my LP through the LP course on Actualized.org, shortly put. I am an illustrator, which is what I remember now I long forgot and buried from my childhood. The LP course is specially designed through various exercises to dig out your LP, I would say if you listen carefully and follow the instructions it is 100% guaranteed to unlock what you already know deep inside you. :) I didn't go to university because it isn't aligned with my LP. I just need to practice at home and pay the bills via a normal job in the meantime, simple really. The book that helped me the most was 'Flow' by Mihaly Csikszentmihaly, because it describes how you feel feel when you are doing your LP, the special experience of flow which I experienced as well and it is quite amazing really, it is exactly how it is described in the book!

Just thought it was really interesting and then it grow from there after spending more time and getting better at it. No book helped me at the time. But a good book on the subject is books by cal newport.

Edited by BjarkeT

By simply being myself :)

B R E A T H E

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

Hi @Hello from Russia, I don't know if I can say I've found my life purpose. I feel I have a 'draft' of it, but I feel it can grow and I can understand it better. I don't think life purpose is WHAT we do (what occupation, profession, or project we're pursuing). I think life purpose is WHY we do what we do.

The book that helped me see this is Simon Sinek's "Start With Why". I found that my life purpose is to "help people get the best results using the least resources possible". I have natural strength in analysis (I learned about this after taking a test), so I analyze what is the most efficient path towards reaching a goal.

The WHAT of my WHY can take any form. For example, I once worked as a musician, but I don't call music my life purpose. I focused on being a songwriter because that's where I believe I can do the least effort to gain the maximum impact (touching other people's lives through music). And the lyrics that I write emphasize being happy by focusing on what's important (to do the least effort possible).

Cheers!

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

I think I had the realization that whatever I am doing that it is always giving back to society in some way or another in a positive way. So I might be doing self-development work with the attitude that it will eventually help other people. It is all about creating circler systems like nature and crop rotation everything has to go round or eventually it fails.

The other thing to know about it is not always the end goal that is important but the method you are using to get there. Like driving from one destination to another what becomes important is the roadcraft you use to get there. Learning is in the process. 

Edited by david-c

@Hello from Russia 

Many of us want purpose because we feel lost in our lives, or we feel like what we are doing is pointless and so there's a lack of passion. Many of us look for purpose, but we are actually searching for an escape from our current reality.

If I were you, I would think about what things you would stop doing or start doing if you DID find your purpose (no matter what your purpose may be). Then actually start or stop doing those things. This is because you have to be ready to put the work when you figure out your purpose.

That being said, your life purpose has to be something that's bigger than you. If it is bigger than you, then it has to be about others in some way. It wouldn't be worth dedicating your life towards otherwise. I can't tell you what it is, but here are three questions for you to think about that will help:

1. Who do you want to help? Answering this will help you figure out what you need to learn, and the kind of people you need to understand, and the kind of problem you want to solve.

2. What do you want to have materialistically? Answering this will help you figure out your desired degree your impact

3. Who do you want to be? Answering this will help you figure out the kind of principles and habits you want to adopt, and the kind of people you need to hang around to adopt those principles.

Hope this helps!