lmfao

Leo's stage blue video is good.

105 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

You’re pretty absolutist about your beliefs too.  I never hear you qualify something as — this is my perspective on Stage Blue.  No, you said This is Stage Blue.  Turquoise learns about Perspective very deeply.  

TURQUOISE APPRECIATES PERSPECTIVE VERY DEEPLY 

Here’s what Turquoise would say:

‘Guys, I put together a model of Stage Blue from my perspective.  I want to see if it helps you.  See if it resonates with you and get back to me on it, because I wanna hear your perspective on it too.’

That’s Turquoise.

Notice how humble and at ease Turquoise is as a Perspective in a Network of Perspectives.  Turquoise is not absolutist about beliefs.  Turquoise rarely even uses the word ‘belief’.  They prefer words like conceptual system, frameworks, lenses, models.  Even ‘paradigm’ has a conceptual truth overtone to it — so Turquoise might shy away from using ‘paradigm’ for that reason.  ‘Belief’ is used, it’s just not central to Tier-Two Epistemology.

Turquoise has completely transcended the Paradigm of Conceptual Truth.  Turquoise is not ideological at all.  They can play the role of being ideological to effectuate some goal or value, but Turquoise is not ideological deep-down.  They realize that ideology is based on Tier-One Epistemology, which is an unsustainable conceptual system.

But you gotta be careful judging Turquoise or spotting Turquoise because Turqioise can chameleon-down to all the lower stages as necessary.  But they never lose that Manta Ray quality that Turquoise has.  So, like Yellow Turquoise can access all the lower stages to advance a goal or value.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The idea that the world is perfect is a thought-story.  It’s bullshit.  Don’t cling to that belief.  Yoi’re still clinging way too much to beliefs.  You haven’t transcended beliefs yet. 

This one. I'd like to learn from you your thoughts.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

@Leo Gura I have been looking forward to you diving deeper into the model of Spiral Dynamics. You delivered sir :) I'm excited to ascend into the more complex comprehending stages as the weeks go by. I appreciate your work.

Have a good day dude.

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

55 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Here’s what Turquoise would say:

‘Guys, I put together a model of Stage Blue from my perspective.  I want to see if it helps you.  See if it resonates with you and get back to me on it, because I wanna hear your perspective on it too.’

@Joseph Maynor You are underestimating the fact that Leo is making a living through his videos.
Most people will not recognize value in a perspective unless it is presented as true and backed up by authority.
You have to tailor your message to your audience if they are supposed to digest it. Sometimes they need to digest it, just to see that it's junk food.
This is how self-development is done up to a certain point. Leo has repeatedly said that his videos are a solid island of shit in a sea of shit.

There is no way to gauge other people's stage externally like you're trying to do. Nor there is a need to.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

38 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Joseph Maynor You are underestimating the fact that Leo is making a living through his videos.
Most people will not recognize value in a perspective unless it is presented as true and backed up by authority.
You have to tailor your message to your audience if they are supposed to digest it. Sometimes they need to digest it, just to see that it's junk food.
This is how self-development is done up to a certain point. Leo has repeatedly said that his videos are a solid island of shit in a sea of shit.

There is no way to gauge other people's stage externally like you're trying to do. Nor there is a need to.

I get that.  Turquoise can chameleon-down to lower stages.  I can act Red when a goal or value of mine warrants that.  I still think Leo is clinging to belief too hard and has an absolutist take on belief to boot.  My comments were for him, I really don’t want to dissect them here.  He knows what I’m pointing out, and that’s enough.  Hopefully he takes my comments in good faith.  I’m trying to help him.

I disagree with this part of what you said:

“There is no way to gauge other people's stage externally like you're trying to do. Nor there is a need to.”

Notice your absolutist tone there. Turquoise doesn’t think that way about conceptual systems.  

What is absolutism regarding belief?  You’re assuming the way you think about something is the ‘one right way’, and that’s the way that I should think about the same matter too.  But, see, you and I have two totally different systems of Conceptual Understanding.  You lack full appreciation of the issue of Perspective, of perspectival pluralism.  Don’t feel bad, I was there too.  Turquoise solves that problem.  That’s one of the strengths of Turquoise — appreciation of the Difference Model of Perspectives, but without clinging to the ‘Paradigm of Relativism regarding belief’.  Turquoise sees belief itself as a paradigm.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

22 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What is absolutism regarding belief?  You’re assuming the way you think about something is the ‘one right way’, and that’s the way that I should think about the same matter too.  But, see, you and I have two totally different systems of Conceptual Understanding.  You lack full appreciation of the issue of Perspective, of perspectival pluralism.  Don’t feel bad, I was there too.

@Joseph Maynor The fact that my sentences end in a full stop does not mean that my thinking is absolute.
I am simply conveying my perspective and giving you the benefit of assuming that you can see that I'm being honest to my experience.
I never claim that reality is any different from how you (Joseph) perceive it. I am communicating my perception of it.
Establishing that something is only my perspective every time I try to say something is silly. Equally silly is trying to convince others of being turquoise, or any other color for that matter, as it is nobody else's business.

Have you noticed your absolutism about my absolutism in your response? I'm not saying as a riposte, but to point out how language works.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Joseph Maynor The fact that my sentences end in a full stop does not mean that my thinking is absolute.
I am simply conveying my perspective and giving you the benefit of assuming that you can see that I'm being honest to my experience.
I never claim that reality is any different from how you (Joseph) perceive it. I am communicating my perception of it.
Establishing that something is only my perspective every time I try to say something is silly. Equally silly is trying to convince others of being turquoise, or any other color for that matter, as it is nobody else's business.

Have you noticed your absolutism about my absolutism in your response? I'm not saying as a riposte, but to point out how language works.

I get it.  Don’t be so touchy.  We’re all here to learn and to share.

@JL

23 minutes ago, JL said:

As if the weekly videos weren't enjoyable enough

BEARD, YES

lol

The kingdom of heaven is within.

24 minutes ago, p1xelmonk said:

lol didn't know maynor was so full of himself

You making this comment is pretty sassy too.  Another cheap shot from the peanut gallery.  Too many snipers on this Forum now.  I’m gonna create my own Network with people I can collaborate with on a less adversarial basis.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just finished the stage blue video. This is the first I've heard of Spiral Dynamics. What an interesting model. I'm wondering which colour I will fall into since blue doesn't resonate with me. I've googled spiral dynamics and had a brief look at the very basic diagrams but I appreciate your thorough dissections, Leo! I shall look forward to hearing all about the other colours in depth, too! :)

@Joseph Maynor It's kinda funny how you use labels like "thought-story" to defend your belief in the absolute importance of life purpose while you criticise Leo for being too "absolutist about his beliefs".

30 minutes ago, GreenDragon said:

@Joseph Maynor It's kinda funny how you use labels like "thought-story" to defend your belief in the absolute importance of life purpose while you criticise Leo for being too "absolutist about his beliefs".

I can’t make heads or tails of this.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Too many snipers on this Forum now.  I’m gonna create my own Network with people I can collaborate with on a less adversarial basis.

@Joseph Maynor I was wondering why haven't you done this already.
There seems to be very few people you can talk with without rustling hostility (?) for whatever reason.
Just curious.

39 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Joseph Maynor I was wondering why haven't you done this already.
There seems to be very few people you can talk with without rustling hostility (?) for whatever reason.
Just curious.

I’ve outgrown the Forum that’s all.  It’s ok.  I hope I was able to influence somebody here.  Maybe one of you gets it.  I doubt it will be a lot who resonate with me.  My teachings are not gonna resonate with probably almost everybody.  I would say 10% of you max will resonate with me.  That doesn’t surprise me.  I’m scary advanced in this work.  You ignorantly attack me because you don’t understand anything I say.  Like I said, and it’s not a knock on anybody here — I've outgrown the Forum.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’ve outgrown the Forum that’s all.  It’s ok.  I hope I was able to influence somebody here.  Maybe one of you gets it.  I doubt it will be a lot who resonate with me.  My teachings are not gonna resonate with probably almost everybody.  I would say 10% of you max will resonate with me.  That doesn’t surprise me.  I’m scary advanced.

We are quite a few that like your teachings here though. Just look at your number of followers, you outnumber every hater in that regards.

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

37 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You ignorantly attack me because you don’t understand anything I say.

@Joseph Maynor I would like to bring back our discussion about the absolute statements from before in the context of the sentence I'm quoting.
You are either saying this as an absolute statement, or describing your perspective.
You are surely not talking about absolutes, so that statement really says more about you (Joseph) than the person (collective?) you claim to be attacked by.

Are you sure that you are not pushing yourself into a corner by thinking that you are 'scary advanced'?
After all, it is reasonable to expect people to get upset after establishing such a hierarchy between you and them.
You are interpreting our (their?) posts through the lens of superiority.
Expecting attacks is to be expected given such perspective.

To you, what is the value of the thought-stories about your own progress?
Calling yourself advanced is to populate the world with beginners.
Calling yourself a teacher is to populate the world with pupils.

Teaching is solicited when master is chosen by the pupil.

Edited by tsuki

20 minutes ago, tsuki said:

@Joseph Maynor I would like to bring back our discussion about the absolute statements from before in the context of the sentence I'm quoting.
You are either saying this as an absolute statement, or describing your perspective.
You are surely not talking about absolutes, so that statement really says more about you (Joseph) than the person (collective?) you claim to be attacked by.

Are you sure that you are not pushing yourself into a corner by thinking that you are 'scary advanced'?
After all, it is reasonable to expect people to get upset after establishing such a hierarchy between you and them.
You are interpreting our (their?) posts through the lens of superiority.
Expecting attacks is to be expected given such perspective.

To you, what is the value of the thought-stories about your own progress?
Calling yourself advanced is to populate the world with beginners.
Calling yourself a teacher is to populate the world with pupils.

Teaching is solicited when master is chosen by the pupil.

I’m over your head frankly.  Let’s not communicate further.  Ok?  I got 40,000 views on my Journals combined and you’re telling me I’m not a teacher.  Get real dude.  I’m the best teacher on here!  That is quantitatively obvious.  Next to Leo, I’m probably the biggest draw to the Forum.  And you flippantly insult me with such eagerness.   I get 100-200 views on my Journal Vol. 4 per day.  I’m the smartest teacher on here.  Don’t fool yourself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’m over your head frankly.  Let’s not communicate further.  Ok? I got 40,000 views on my Journals combined and you’re telling me I’m not a teacher.  Get real dude.  I’m the best teacher on here!  That is quantitatively obvious.  

Sure.
You are over my head. I'm a nobody 9_9.

Edited by tsuki

7 hours ago, WaterfallMachine said:

This one. I'd like to learn from you your thoughts.

Saying the world is perfect is a conceptual system masquerading as a truth.  The problem is — conceptual systems aren’t true.   Conceptual systems can never encapsulate BE-ing.

Beliefs are a paradigm in themselves.  Existential Truth is not controlled by paradigms.  Saying the world is perfect, if it has no useful purpose in a particular context, is as useless as the paper it’s written on. You can’t define Existential Truth!  That’s a basic principle of Enlightenment.

Edited by Joseph Maynor