Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brugluiz

Law of Attraction: did we attract our childhood traumas?

13 posts in this topic

I watched some Teal Swan videos and read some of her posts on Facebook. She says that a child can possibly attract something bad. The Law Of Attraction is applied for every human being, no matter what age. I've been questioning this idea because I have some childhood traumas. I'm wondering if I attracted them as well. I had some discussions with my family about this topic. What about a baby? If someone does something bad towards a baby, is it because the baby attracted it? 

Yes. If you believe you are worthless, you tend to do actions to make other people call you that and attract people who are like wise.

Maybe past life karma 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

Yes. If you believe you are worthless, you tend to do actions to make other people call you that and attract people who are like wise.

Yeah, but you mean it when you're an adult? I think a child generally don't think about worthlessness before an event happen to her.

Just now, brugluiz said:

Yeah, but you mean it when you're an adult? I think a child generally don't think about worthlessness before an event happen to her.

Well, in adulthood is when we are most conscious of our actions but as a kid you can also attract other kids who are "problematic". For example, we see this in ghettos, if you believe you are a thug, you might join others who call themselves that and thats how gangs are started. It usually starts from childhood.

Understanding and overstanding simultaneously come from a process of decision-making. It could be said this is a product of decision making. (∞x∞)

Understanding is your emotional relationship with the thing at hand. It is a snake like nature that is primitive but is also a source of compassion relatedness and potential for increase through multiplication with like. Overstanding comes from Shiva watching over Shakti or nothing looking at something, which means that everything is right now looking at something. Something seen from everything is like an eagle looking at a snake, it eats the snake if it's not a stick and it gives it more energy to see more snakes and therefore for more snakes to exist. When there are no more snakes left they are all within you all the way down to the darkest depths of the root of the tree of life or Knowledge. The aghori Sadhu is the one who has transcended destiny itself as a concept and is the one who has gone head on to now to beat the snake or more accurately in some way charm it in a deep way (as deep as you can go into the contrast between light and dark).

You are the light seen reflected in the form everywhere.

The Egyptians had a cobra on their headpiece, and they also used an eagle, which to me represent Shakti and Shiva who need to unite.

Left and right is another story existing between squares and circles, but trust triangle in the middle (sacrum). 

Why does this matter? It is all a dual relationship between two essences, one physical one spiritual. You need understanding, so you must see the big picture of why people desire suffering for themselves, which explains why it manifests through their actions towards other people.

Edited by Hotaka

Things need to be digested in Knowledge-Wisdom, as Lama Yeshe used to say.

2 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Maybe past life karma 

+1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@brugluiz Think of it this way: God is a first-class golfer. He's really good at playing golf, so just to challenge himself sometimes he doesn't tee-off on the fairway, but from inside a sand trap or behind a tree.

It keeps the game more interesting.

And its also necessary because not every human being can be born to good parents in a good country.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Beliefs=Trauma

And if you were forced as I was as a child to go to church and become a chronic crying sinner of the most minimal thing, then yes, we attract bad things until we awake. Being the helper of others is the worst you can do if you don't know yourself and search for acceptance and closure. 

@Leo Gura Ahh yes Leo, it keeps it dynamic and interesting, like the force that keeps Yoga alive, it weaves through you in many ways and creates many folds and creases that look like people in the world, and they are only folds in you. These really are we from the future (or past) or the other beginning created and planted back in time for us to see here. With this we realise we are looking through our memory at many phantoms and then one phantom, you, and then the whole world and universe. This is to keep us from looking at God, but it also keeps us looking at God because it reminds us of truth. Sin is in the eye of the beholder because acceptance is pure redemption of your own sins and other people's at the same time.

Edited by Hotaka

Childhood traumas happen because they are supposed to happen so that we can experience them and outgrow them when the right time comes. We didn't attract them, but they are our karma that must be experienced.

I find that the sensible people who believe the idea of the law of attraction doesn't believe it affects everything. Like how sensible Christians won't be dogmatic with homosexuals or atheists, but would accept them. The same way, sensible new ageists often accept that their Higher Self chose a path to learning good things but with as little trauma as possible, but since they don't have the power to make their plan as follows, it winds up ending differently. These new ageists tend to be less of a dick to others, so I respect them more.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates