MM1988

Where is todays video?

164 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

You can belive if you want. But belief implies duality and duality implies contradiction and conflict. 

Its up to you. 

You don't observe duality from your perspective?

I don't really need to believe anything to feel the difference of drinking cool water vs warm water.

Edit:

I enjoy reading both Joseph Maynor and Faceless' post. But y'all have me laughing with your seriousness. 

I like what Truth Addict said: life = duality = non duality. 

Also I enjoy the memes @Truth ;), but I can see how it doesn't help the energy behind these posts, but that's alright. I also see how hilarious it is! DUALITY

Edited by SgtPepper

7 minutes ago, blazed said:

Do you read / watch from other resources? which?

Advaita Vedanta

...I use to read/watch Adya, Tolle, Mooji, Nisargadatta, Ramana.

Btw, sorry if I offended you or anyone else. This is an active spirituality forum. That's why I post here. I don't know much about Leo. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

15 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

I don't really need to believe anything to feel the difference of drinking cool water vs warm water.

Right

im referring to duality in the sense as seeking psychological security as an independent entity. 

A movement that is followed by action that is influenced by belief. 

As in to act in accordance to the notion as being a separate entity in which that entity seeks security. An illusion seeking security in an illusion. Contradiction.

In this case, “the i” is a movement of fear, being impermanent, and seeking permanence. All this implies that our action is influenced by the idea that the doer is separate from the doing. 

Edited by Faceless

@SgtPepper Thank you:)

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Advaita Vedanta

...I use to read/watch Adya, Tolle, Mooji, Nisargadatta, Ramana.

Btw, sorry if I offended you or anyone else. This is an active spirituality forum. That's why I post here. I don't know much about Leo. 

Ah ok, that makes sense, I started to assume you were not interested in any of it. Fair enough.

15 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Yes, awareness does not need belief, thus awareness does not have a perspective. Perspectives only apply in duality. Thus, in non-duality there is no I, no difference and no opposites.

Perspectives only happen in thought, ie, in and via a mental construction.

1 minute ago, blazed said:

Ah ok, that makes sense, I started to assume you were not interested in any of it. Fair enough.

No, I've been around all this stuff since 2009! My original discussion forum has dried up. So, I came here, because it's as active as my other forum use to be years ago. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Belief implies choice/the chooser. 

All this is a movement of thought that sees itself as separate from that which it thinks about. 

Thought splits things up. And then forgets it has done that. 

Then we get our dualistic (fragmented) action

If this is so awarness is not. 

Edited by Faceless

2 hours ago, Truth said:

Thanks for making me realize how pointless talking with you is :)

We’ve never talked.  All you do is make internet memes.  You never discuss anything at all on here.  You make jokes and like to laugh at people, that’s about it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

57 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Edit:

I enjoy reading both Joseph Maynor and Faceless' post. But y'all have me laughing with your seriousness. 

I like what Truth Addict said: life = duality = non duality. 

Also I enjoy the memes @Truth ;), but I can see how it doesn't help the energy behind these posts, but that's alright. I also see how hilarious it is! DUALITY

I’ll laugh at you when you’re a having serious conversation and see how you feel about that.  Your opinion is totally unsustainable and pie in the sky.  Think things through better before you hand-waive your judgments around. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

38 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’ll laugh at you when you’re a having serious conversation and see how you feel about that.  Your opinion is totally unsustainable and pie in the sky.  Think things through better before you hand-waive your judgments around. 

You like to tell other people what to do and seem to get offended real easy. 

Leo already uploaded his video, the video is normal flow of topic in every sunday, nothing is big, he just late to upload.... hehe you are just over reacting ?

His topic is about Spiral Dynamic... Blue

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

Right

im referring to duality in the sense as seeking psychological security as an independent entity. 

A movement that is followed by action that is influenced by belief. 

As in to act in accordance to the notion as being a separate entity in which that entity seeks security. An illusion seeking security in an illusion. Contradiction.

In this case, “the i” is a movement of fear, being impermanent, and seeking permanence. All this implies that our action is influenced by the idea that the doer is separate from the doing. 

When the seeking stops there's still a movement. 

What to do about that?

42 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

When the seeking stops there's still a movement. 

What to do about that?

Hello cirkussmile..

What movement are you referring to?

5 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Not everything has to be serious. It's okay to have some fun :P

5 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ok.  Sure.  Have fun.  I’ll go do something else.

Easy man ?

5 hours ago, Faceless said:

Sight and hearing come first then there is contact, sensation, then thought comes in and there is identification/desire. 

How is that not different? 

Belief comes from the movement of thought. 

You should be able to see that even the most fundamental truths about reality and how you aquire your information and sensations, cannot be trusted, exactly as thoughts, they're mere stories, only more intense. One dream within another.

Ask yourself, why do you identify with your sight? How do you know that sight is yours? The answer is thoughts and beliefs, nothing else.

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Ask yourself, why do you identify with your sight? How do you know that sight is yours? The answer is thoughts and beliefs, nothing else.

Thought 

yes thought is where identification arises. 

What about it? 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Thought 

yes thought is where identification arises. 

What about it? 

It happens to 'you', just like life also happens to you. But who is 'you'? I don't know, and I'm not sure there might be an answer without belief.

Process of identification

Perception

contact

sensation 

then thought comes and identifies with all of that as an experience as the experiencer.Then desire is born. Then desire pursues to re-experience that again and we have pleasure. 

Edited by Faceless

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

It happens to 'you', just like life also happens to you. But who is 'you'? I don't know, and I'm not sure there might be an answer without belief.

The you who it happens to is the happening itself. One and the same movement. 

The experiencer and the experience are one and the same movement. 

This is not a belief. It is a fact. 

When one goes into the nature of thought that is quite obvious

Edited by Faceless