Joseph Maynor

I sense an anger in Jordan Peterson, it's a vibe

68 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

No idea. Only one way to find out, and this is what it seems to me. But once we removed the attachment, there will no longer be the wanting of security.

Yes

Do you see that by we ourselves ending this attatchmment (the i) that that effects the the whole stream of consciousness itself? 

Edited by Faceless

Just now, Faceless said:

Yes

Do you see that by we ourselves endig this attatchmment (the i) that thwtceffects the the whole stream of consciousness itself? 

That what it seems, but I cannot say for sure, since anything I try to understand can cause bias views. 

You're not human, you're the universe

Just now, B_Naz said:

That what it seems, but I cannot say for sure, since anything I try to understand can cause bias views. 

Do you understand yourself? 

Do you understand thought? 

Just now, Faceless said:

Do you understand yourself? 

Do you understand thought? 

Seems that the self is the "i", which is the same as the thought. It's all in one thing.

5 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

Seems that the self is the "i", which is the same as the thought. It's all in one thing.

Yes, but have you gone into the implications of this self/thought in its entirety? 

In this one can understand ones own bias and prejudices, and corrupt irrational thinking. You will be able to think without the irrationality that attatchment causes. If we are bound by attatchment there can never be an understanding. 

Learning about the whole of thought makes for a much more orderly way of thinking. 

Edited by Faceless

Just now, Faceless said:

In this one can understand ones own bias and prejudices corrupt rational thinking. You will be able to think without the irrationality that attatchment causes. If we are bound by attatchment there can never be an understanding. 

Learning about the whole of thought makes for a much more orderly way of thinking. 

This is not what I have found (yet perhaps?) but a very strong insight. Thank you

1 minute ago, B_Naz said:

This is not what I have found (yet perhaps?) but a very strong insight. Thank you

Thank you. 

Most people don’t go into this. Thus there can not be a thinking without the corrupt movement of the i distorting that very thinking. 

Maybe I can point you in a direction or we can go over it. Once you get started you will be able to go into for yourself. 

Just now, Faceless said:

Thank you. 

Most people don’t go into this. Thus there can not be a thinking without the corrupt movement of the i distorting that very thinking. 

Maybe I can point you in a direction or we can go over it. Once you get started you will be able to go into for yourself. 

Directions is all I need since it's how I learn. You have already pointed to a direction for me and many other members have pointed as well, and I've been acting on it.  I don't always take on new theories unless I fully explore them. That was one flaw of mine, but it seems clearer now.

But yes, I'm always willing to accept direction.

6 hours ago, Rilles said:

*awaits the start of another argument*?

lFRqB11.gif

7 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

don't always take on new theories unless I fully explore them.

Very intelligent indeed. 

What I am talking about is not theory. Its somthing that you will always be able to see in your self. Not abstract form of learning. It’s to understand thought, not to conform to a theory, idea, or concept that thought has put together. Quite different indeed. No theory is needed. As that is to a form of imitation. Thought/the thinker likes to conform to patterns of thought. This is one thing you will understand right off that bat when exploring into the movement of thought/self. 

12 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

But yes, I'm always willing to accept direction.

And I would never promote acceptance of a way of thinking nor am I directing in the sense of guiding. Just want to share the importance of understanding thought with who is interested. 

We can talk all day about the nature of what is but the reaction and the cause lean on each other existentially.

The issue has never been a denial of post-modernism's or stage Green's limitations. OF COURSE they are limited. Every stage is limited in its own way. The greater mistake is to react against the limitation in a closedminded and egoic way.

Post-modernism has it's limitations, but JP is overreacting to it, blowing it way out of proportion, which just polarizes people and creates a lack understanding.

You are not going to transcend Green by badmouthing Green. Most people who hate post-modernism are stuck in deep Blue/Orange, haven't bothered to actually read it, or think about its lessons. It's just an egoic judgmental reaction out of ignorance.

JP is ensuring that stage Blue and Orange people stay stuck there forever by feeding their demonization of Green.

Classic example of a red herring. Classic Spiral Dynamics trap: failure to fully integrate.

P.S. Soviet Communists/Marxists were not modern Green post-modernists. They were Blue ideologues closer to JP's audience than to SJWs.

Oh the irony...

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Outer Where would you place yourself on the spiral?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Outer You didnt answer my question. Lets pretend that the spiral is real then, where would you place yourself?

@Outer Youve previously stated that other people are in certain stages? Are you exempt from the spiral? But its okay if you dont feel like answering. Good day sir! 

1 hour ago, Outer said:

I never wanted to become Green. In fact I have loathed green for a large sum of my life.

Of course, because you are resisting integrating it. Which is why JP appeals to you. He's stuck in the same place. So it's something that's keeping you stuck from growing to your full greatness.

You're not going to be very consciousness unless you understand Green's perspective without judgment. Your hatred of Green is simply your hatred of shadow aspects of yourself.

You are the "Neo-Marxists" that you hate.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course, because you are resisting integrating it. Which is why JP appeals to you. He's stuck in the same place. So it's something that's keeping you stuck from growing to your full greatness.

You're not going to be very consciousness unless you understand Green's perspective without judgment. Your hatred of Green is simply your hatred of shadow aspects of yourself.

You are the "Neo-Marxists" that you hate.

Astute!

Peterson is trapped in a belief-fear-resistance pattern. Well, more precisely, the belief-fear-resistance pattern is “Jordan Peterson.”

2 hours ago, robdl said:

Well, more precisely, the belief-fear-resistance pattern is “Jordan Peterson.”

Indeed.

The pattern (experience, knowledge, memory) “the self” clings to and perpetuates its own movement which it seeks security in. 

To resist what is. A movement of fear. 

On 6/16/2018 at 11:45 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

It's a very accurate model of a Perspective's Growth Level.  I'm getting to the point where I can notice where people sit in the colors.  I just pointed out that MarkusSweeden is Green.  That was a pretty good spot.  I can also spot Stage Orange people pretty easily.  There are very few Stage Yellow people, but I can spot them too.  I can spot Stage Red people.  They're pretty easy to spot.  And finally Stage Blue people, which I can now spot with as I go throughout my day.  Dude, these Growth Levels are no joke.  I can spot Stage Purple people, but those people are much rarer in everyday society.  I'm thinking that groups of homeless hippies might be Stage Purple.  A lot of people think hippies are at Green.  I think a lot of the more destitute hippies are at Purple.  The most urbane hippies are Green.  

After everything Leo used to say about consciousness and not labeling, him and his audience have now started labeling and categorizing people in an almost-neurotic way. There's no greater emotional bullying tactic than giving people labels and demonizing them on that basis. 

On 6/16/2018 at 0:24 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Stage Green is naive because of their ignorance of Systems Thinking.  Take the liberal college student, that's very typical Stage Green.  When that college student goes out into the real world and gets pounded around a lot and has to learn how to take that Stage Green spirit and make it work in the real world -- Stage Yellow is the growth level that can make that happen, so you get an elevation into Yellow.  This happened to me.  I experienced this transition.  Green has to wise up about how to change systems.  You don't change systems with visions alone.  Systems are complex and require a systems thinking approach to sustainably change them.

The thing about this example is you think these liberal college students can only go up the hierarchy. In reality, about half of them will stay green for the rest of their lives, and the other half will move down to orange or even blue once they find their mindset isn't bringing results.  Those that progress to stage yellow will be a small minority.