Joseph Maynor

I sense an anger in Jordan Peterson, it's a vibe

68 posts in this topic

So this guy writes an entire article just to nag on Peterson about the fact that he refuse to use the correct pronoun. What a waste of time.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I see a trap in the phrase "the meek shall inherit the earth".

if people start to work on their shadow and will integrate it fully, they might become delusional. They might start thinking that theyre sparing everyone else and that they're better than everyone, that's the nature of the ego, it wont be able to help itself to think that, unless the process is done with utmost care and consciousness, which young people lack usually.

what he says seems true, but it's not so easy to accomplish.

7 minutes ago, K VIL said:

you're obsessed with peterson..

No.  Actually, I'm trying to figure out why you guys are obsessed with him.  I'm just exploring that.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, K VIL said:

lol are people obsessed with him?? :P i must be out of the loop

Anytime people fight over whether someone is good, I check it out myself.  That ain't obsession.  That's called actually investigating things for one's self.  I wanna get to the bottom of this.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

i tried getting into him a few months ago but i cant listen to him, his speech pattern is so jumpy it drives me nuts, couldnt get obsessed with him if i tried

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Joseph Maynor I think Peterson's wider audience is drawn to him because he attempts to give the Secular-West (which is collectively facing some kind of identity crisis, as well as an existential crisis) some kind of meaning and purpose to their lives. I think this is his way of coping with his depression and it seems to resonate well with his audience. I believe the West is simply facing some kind of spiritual crisis and Peterson is filling the vacuum. I personally do not like him, as I believe he's constantly massaging the truth and being deliberately ambiguous to push his narrative.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No.  Actually, I'm trying to figure out why you guys are obsessed with him.  I'm just exploring that.

I have noticed myself that a lot of his followers are young and disillusioned people who have a lot of anger and frustration without a way to deal with it. He is someone who appears strong and seems to be able to counter the forces that a lot of people project as the reason for their discontent in life. If you notice a lot of content involving him that becomes popular on youtube is grounded in energies of retribution, anger and righteousness. It's content like 'Jordon peterson absolutely DESTROYS journalist' or 'dismantles feminists on their own show'.  I think it gives them a clearer enemy that they can channel meaning and energy into, and they bang the drum of self-justified vitriol through 'justice' and 'truth' because it is a much more comfortable direction than the apathy that defined them before. 

I don't think this is true for all of his followers, and I don't really have much of an opinion on him personally but that's been my observation of one aspect of his online following presence. 

So, he's a Christian apparently.  What kind of Christian?  

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

So, I just finished watching this video a second time and I get a constant angry, depressed vibe -- a hurt vibe.  I agreed with a couple of points he made, but most of it just sounded off to me.

2 hours ago, Spacious said:

@Joseph Maynor Some have suggested it is the integration of stage red along the spiral dynamics development lines.

I'm thinking he might be Blue.  No higher than Blue though.  All the fear-based rhetoric.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I watched this video too

You guys gotta watch this one.  I watched this one twice.  What's up with all the fear-based rhetoric.  This guy fits the profile of Stage Blue to a 'T'.  I don't think he's Red.

Peterson is like a poor man's Leo haha!

It's like they used to call Aerosmith a poor man's Rolling Stones.

What did Leo call him -- a lesser jihadist 2.0 haha.  Man, fascinating.  See?  I like to have reasons for what to believe.  Peterson is totally Stage Blue.  He sounds like someone walking out of the 1940's in America.  That's like approximately 60-70 years behind the times.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Outer said:

@Joseph Maynor That video is from 4 years ago, when he was fat, overweight, on anti-depressants, because of some undiscovered food sensitivities.

Dr. Jordan B. Peterson is stage yellow/turquoise.

No way man, haha.  Turquoise, ah man.  No way.  I say Stage Blue. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No way man, haha.  Turquoise, ah man.  No way.  I say Stage Blue. 

As another remark, it's interesting that he's a Canadian.  He sounds like someone from the U.S. or China to me.  I always imagine Canadians as being Stage Green for some reason.  China is very Stage Blue.  I've been to Beijing, so I know what I'm talking about.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Outer said:

That spiral dynamics thing is bad, like, really bad. I don't know why so many people are obsessed with it. A lot of the characteristics of the different stages are found in any given unique individual including Jordan. It doesn't make sense to categorize anyone as they don't only have the characteristics for the stage to be categorized in.

It's a very accurate model of a Perspective's Growth Level.  I'm getting to the point where I can notice where people sit in the colors.  I just pointed out that MarkusSweeden is Green.  That was a pretty good spot.  I can also spot Stage Orange people pretty easily.  There are very few Stage Yellow people, but I can spot them too.  I can spot Stage Red people.  They're pretty easy to spot.  And finally Stage Blue people, which I can now spot with as I go throughout my day.  Dude, these Growth Levels are no joke.  I can spot Stage Purple people, but those people are much rarer in everyday society.  I'm thinking that groups of homeless hippies might be Stage Purple.  A lot of people think hippies are at Green.  I think a lot of the more destitute hippies are at Purple.  The most urbane hippies are Green.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Outer said:

It's not, sorry. But you guys go ahead with that. I'm sure you'll find it useful. I've yet to see any results.

Because you've never learned it or how to apply it.  You avoid it.  You can't know about something that you actively avoid.

Edited by Joseph Maynor