How to be wise

Too much devotion to mooji

35 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

How sad is it that we have to ask this question?! 

I would say that a proper child-parent relationship is when the parent is able to look at the child through the eyes of unconditional love, forgiving its missteps, guiding it forward when asked, and allowing the child to figure out stuff on its own to gain independence. The child can do whatever it wants, because it is a child. It is supposed to be imperfect and confused and dumb at times. 
What many parents tend to do (mine certainly did) is to create ideas in their heads how the child should be according to them, and then desperately try to fit it into that cage of expectations and demands. Some cages are incredibly restraining and some are more loose. Some parents can use the excuse of wanting the child to develop freely for not giving it the attention, care and love it needs, and masking their lack of responsibility as some "spiritual free and cool" parenting strategy. So not to say it doesn't require effort.

When you look at the spiritual teacher who is there to guide the egos of the world into the maturity of awakening, there is often a tendency to project their own lack onto the students. They can often take on a very predatory role, and instead of asking "what can I do for you to assist your growth in the best way" they say "this is what you need to do, I am enlightened, you are an insect, you listen to me for I know better".
Its an imbalance between femininity and masculinity.

Wait - 

You are an imbalance between femininity and masculinity!

Why is the child free to do whatever and the parent not? Why is only the child allowed independence? 

... Hm. I personally stopped trying to see predators in the world, because to look for something, you will find it. 

... but, what does it feel like, to see someone as a parental figure? I think that is the question I wanted to ask.

Oh - what is an ego? A person's self-esteem and self-importance? 

I don't know who my parents are. But I heard someone say once, about being a parent to oneself when parents are lacking.. but I don't really get it. Why do we have to have parents and children? 

@from chaos into self So many questions, this is great!

56 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

Why is the child free to do whatever and the parent not? Why is only the child allowed independence? 

First of all, I dont mean do whatever it wants in a sense that the parent lets it poop on the carpet, and says "oh its just a soul evolving" without correcting the child and teaching it how to potty properly. Being parent takes an incredible amount of effort and patience. 

The child is free to be itself, but is asked to follow certain structure of the family or household, which would be the masculine energy of the upbringing. Education, diet, etc.
When imbalanced this can often turn into too strict of a parenting style, often lashing out at the child who is only learning whatever it can.

The parent is absolutely free to do whatever he wants, but we are talking about a responsible, integrated parenting role that is ideal for the child to grow up with. 

1 hour ago, from chaos into self said:

.. but, what does it feel like, to see someone as a parental figure? I think that is the question I wanted to ask.

When you feel you ought to follow whatever they say in a slightly neurotic manner, and take on a lot of "should" statements from that person for example, or are constantly driven to seek their validation. There are so many ways you can project parental qualities onto others. 

Oh - what is an ego? A person's self-esteem and self-importance? 

That can be and has been defined and seen in so many ways, for the sake of this conversation its the residual emotional leftovers from your unfulfilled childhood needs.

I don't know who my parents are. But I heard someone say once, about being a parent to oneself when parents are lacking.. but I don't really get it. Why do we have to have parents and children? 

We have parents and children cuz thats just kinda how it works on this planet with most intelligent species. 
You can become a loving parent onto yourself. In fact that is the solution to the issue! By becoming all you needed your parents to be in the past, you can resolve the residual leftovers of your emotional needs in your body, and by being a conscious parent onto yourself, you then gain the ability to be a conscious parent onto your children (or even the people you interact with) and through that you will model to your children how they can be conscious parents onto themselves, and it breaks the cycle of codependency. 
A guru, or a spiritual teacher, a therapist or a healer should teach you how to be a parent onto yourself, how to be a therapist onto yourself, how to be a healer onto yourself, how to be a caretaker onto yourself, so they dont create more need for them to fix you up, instead of teaching you how to resolve your inner conflicts yourself.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

49 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@from chaos into self So many questions, this is great!

First of all, I dont mean do whatever it wants in a sense that the parent lets it poop on the carpet, and says "oh its just a soul evolving" without correcting the child and teaching it how to potty properly. Being parent takes an incredible amount of effort and patience. 

This made me feel so lonely. why is it "an incredible amount of patience and effort" to take care of a kid? no kid deserves that. that's such an alienating experience. 

if it's so damn hard to be a parent, what does it feel like to be their kid? 

Edited by from chaos into self
made the rant into three sentences so it was PG

@Martin123 that whole post is nothing but two dimensional expectation of the world. there are two types of roles one can play - to be the dependent parent enslaving itself to keep the kid in a cage large enough to fool it into thinking it is free, or to be the obsessed child masturbating basically, unaware how dependent it is on its cage it doesn't even see. 

Edited by from chaos into self

Just now, Martin123 said:

@from chaos into self Sounds like you havent had the most fortunate experience with your parents. I am sorry about that, it can really suck.

I'm sorry you had to read that before I deleted it. I've lived a pretty broken life, and I'm not a very together person. 

@from chaos into self Oh thats ok I understand. Wish you all the best <3 . 

Oh btw I didnt read it, you deleted it in time.

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

You must remember when one reaches such a state of pure lovingness and compassion he simply loves and allows things to be as they are, he does not see wrong or rights in the method as he is like a child, pure love cannot see or express anything but itself.

From our point of view it may appear as "not the best method" or "a trap" to others but for the guru it is the highest expression a human can express, in that sense it provides the inner/outer peace and radiance.

B R E A T H E

I enjoy watching Mooji satsangs, and despite understanding what you guys mean, I'm fine with people displaying these levels of devotion. Hopefully, it will not turn into a cult where Mooji's state of awareness is seen as unreachable by mere mortals.

An interesting discussion at Reddit: Why are Mooji's disciples so emotional?   https://www.reddit.com/r/awakened/comments/8azov1/why_are_moojis_disciples_so_emotional/

For instance: blackholespiral said: "Some of these people have gone through much hardship in life with no true spiritual guidance, so to hear a truth from someone who lives the truth and became the truth can be a profound experience (Whether you agree that he became the truth or not is irrelevant, to his followers he did). Especially when the teacher's teachings result in a long awaited inner reconciliation or emotional release of a long held blockage. The spiritual path is full of tears, the best tears ever shed"

Vasukki said: "I have seen him say those things too, that the answer is in them. Even at the beginning of the satsangs he says to let go of their mind etc etc. As you said I think that most people are looking for a therapeutic guru more than anything else"

On 6/15/2018 at 3:32 PM, Etagnwo said:

Unfortunately one of the main reasons his sangha has gotten so big is because he tells his devotees that there are no qualifications for obtaining enlightenment.  Which actually directly goes against what his gurus guru (Ramana Maharshi) said. Ramana has all along during his life went on record saying basically what traditional vedanta teachers say is that a person must have a burning desire to realise the self and must become sattvic in order to understand who they really are. 

That implies a path. A very strict path and a very high level of maturity. 

Mooji ignores this and has told everyone that there is no need to practice, all a devotee must do is get it. 

This results in shallow experiences that lead in most cases to delusional ideas that they have attained some kind of enlightenment because they had an experience. 

Not so. 

What are the 'qualifications' for seeing through the illusion of Maya (Thought and Experience) and discovering the true Self?

On 6/16/2018 at 0:32 AM, Etagnwo said:

Unfortunately one of the main reasons his sangha has gotten so big is because he tells his devotees that there are no qualifications for obtaining enlightenment.  Which actually directly goes against what his gurus guru (Ramana Maharshi) said. Ramana has all along during his life went on record saying basically what traditional vedanta teachers say is that a person must have a burning desire to realise the self and must become sattvic in order to understand who they really are. 

That implies a path. A very strict path and a very high level of maturity. 

Mooji ignores this and has told everyone that there is no need to practice, all a devotee must do is get it. 

This results in shallow experiences that lead in most cases to delusional ideas that they have attained some kind of enlightenment because they had an experience. 

Not so. 

Mooji isn't "sattvic", he eats meat, to give you one example. So either you are saying Mooji isn't self realized or your statement is proven false?

7 hours ago, Esoteric said:

Mooji isn't "sattvic", he eats meat, to give you one example. So either you are saying Mooji isn't self realized or your statement is proven false?

Hi there, actually, one can be predominantly sattvic by balancing the three gunas (sattva, rajas, tamas) where sattva is predominate, not just in diet. So, if one eats meat which is tamas, then they can balance that with a rajas activity/foods or by a preponderance of sattva guna in other areas. By the way, a sattvic mind just means, calm and still. ? (not dull or agitated)

So, in your statement quoted, you don't seem to understand the gunas or how they work or that they can be balanced. Therefore, saying Mooji isn't sattvic may not be the truth and one really can't know if another is or isnt predominantly one or another guna, since it's a balance of all 3 and always fluctuating.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Mooji from my own psychic reading is going the path of the right side of the matter. In my experience and opinion, a truly enlightened master has also a lean balanced physicality and able to sing professionally. But who am I to judge?  

... 7 rabbits will live forever.