KrAiT

How to stay sane,on track

11 posts in this topic

Ok,I meditated a while(now I can't do it too often because I live in a dorm with another 3 students and I don't really have any alone/quiet time),I watched most of your videos,I tried to get some answers out of my mind but everything seems weird.It's not that I'm giving up,but:

1) I am not motivated to do anything with my life.I'm not excited about finishing college(but I will since it's my last year),maybe having a wife,kids,a job,money,fun,etc.The problem is that I want to be happy,but I know having money,houses,girls,etc isn't happiness.So...the purpose would be to become truly happy,enlightened,but we all know that's a long road.

2) I can't combine this "reality" that society provides with the reality of what I truly want.Most of the days are boring for me,nothing catches my attention.There are some days when I'm angry that I must do this shit,play my role in this "movie",do things I don't want to do,doesn't matter if they are hard or easy.

That freewill vs determinism video made me even more indiferent about life.

Now in the end I'll say that I tried most of the things you said in videos,I didn't just took your word for granted and voila,new me and shit.

I don't know if this is all I have to say,but I'd love some answers because I'm quickly pushing away most of my friends,my parents don't like this even if I'm hiding it when I go home from time to time,I get angry and drink myself to death&smoke to chill(which is pointless for the bigger picture,but for the moment puts a smile on my face)...I thinking about seeing a psychology expert or something(however I don't quite have the money and I think it would be pointless).So?Any thoughts? 

you simply have let your mind to explore and expand too much for your actual needs.

in different words, you have too much mind and too little body. by organising and compressing mind back to match the body will you discover you can again get stuff done and find motivation.

if you get this, rest is easy and up to you.

Edited by denselayman

10 minutes ago, denselayman said:

you simply have let your mind to explore and expand too much for your actual needs.

in different words, you have too much mind and too little body. by organising and compressing mind back to match the body will you discover you can again get stuff done and find motivation.

if you get this, rest is easy and up to you.

I don't know how to revert my mind,my beliefs. I barely can meditate now,my head seems to explode,I just feel the need to clear my mind,but I don't know how.

for me getting to the worst point usually happens when there's extremely bad weather outside, and that is a blessing as i gear up and just go out, screw it, the worst it is the better i feel in it.

mental frustration is best combated with engaging in physical activity, either in mindless rage or focussed activity, whatever. as long you let your body shine and do the activity wholeheartedly- you are closing the gap. more body acitvity equals more balance. u don't need to take it as mainstream way of instantly go to gym and work out, just start by walking, in accelerated phase until you work out the tension in you. disregard anything, just walk fast, if people stare you as at someone who is on a mission or about to kill someone, you are doing it right, just proceed, to walk like that is your sole goal until you really feel the calm or are super exhausted, then collect yourself and see how it makes you feel.

this is one and so far best way i deal with this mental overload. just try it once, you don't even need to wait shit weather, its just my preference =]

Have the same feeling lately. You're not alone on this one thanks for posting it I didn't know how to put it myself. Tho I recently cut out drinking and hanging out with friends that only wanted to drink with me, nowhich I feel kind of depressed and empty and stuck. :D And thanks for advice. 

18 minutes ago, Burbulis said:

Have the same feeling lately. You're not alone on this one thanks for posting it I didn't know how to put it myself. Tho I recently cut out drinking and hanging out with friends that only wanted to drink with me, nowhich I feel kind of depressed and empty and stuck. :D And thanks for advice. 

you simply wish to enjoy life, to be alive and have some meaning and value in life, empty degeneration was ok because you were not alone, but you wisened up and realised that way for you to grow is to cut off bad influence. now you are alone in your circle and that why it hurts or feels empty. but you have to move on, focus on small improvements that you can now make due to time you have free. new people will emerge either way, but if you move on/ improve yourself  you will also attract better people, if you stay down and negative you will attract bad people again or slide back to old drinking mates and old sense of misery.

i only can congratulate you on your self-integrity of doing what is right for yourself. have will to proceed and move on, little by little every day and over time progress will suprise you. if you push on bettering yourself, better you will attract better people =]

life in latvia is not easy, but you can do it brah! have the courage to push against the norm of weak willed people around you, emerge victorious!

I've struggled with not being excited or motivated to do anything... you have to find something that you're passionate about. Try something new or as said above start excersing. It will keep your mind occupied and little by little you will forget the struggle and focus on what you care about more.

Possibly, try to rewire your thinking. While thinking that everything is meaningless try to reverse that and find meaning in something you love. In my opinion it all comes down to what you're passionate about. If you haven't found it, don't worry, it'll come once you are looking. And most importantly don't rush, everything comes in time.

8 hours ago, KrAiT said:

Ok,I meditated a while(now I can't do it too often because I live in a dorm with another 3 students and I don't really have any alone/quiet time),I watched most of your videos,I tried to get some answers out of my mind but everything seems weird.It's not that I'm giving up,but:

1) I am not motivated to do anything with my life.I'm not excited about finishing college(but I will since it's my last year),maybe having a wife,kids,a job,money,fun,etc.The problem is that I want to be happy,but I know having money,houses,girls,etc isn't happiness.So...the purpose would be to become truly happy,enlightened,but we all know that's a long road.

2) I can't combine this "reality" that society provides with the reality of what I truly want.Most of the days are boring for me,nothing catches my attention.There are some days when I'm angry that I must do this shit,play my role in this "movie",do things I don't want to do,doesn't matter if they are hard or easy.

Now in the end I'll say that I tried most of the things you said in videos,I didn't just took your word for granted and voila,new me and shit.

I don't know if this is all I have to say,but I'd love some answers because I'm quickly pushing away most of my friends,my parents don't like this even if I'm hiding it when I go home from time to time,I get angry and drink myself to death&smoke to chill(which is pointless for the bigger picture,but for the moment puts a smile on my face)...I thinking about seeing a psychology expert or something(however I don't quite have the money and I think it would be pointless).So?Any thoughts? 

Look! Life is an amazing opportunity with near-infinite possibilities.

Forget about all the stuff you don't want.

What is it that you actually DO want?! What do you want to do with your one and only life?

State it clearly without worrying about whether it's possible or not.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 hours ago, KrAiT said:

Hi Krait

I have to challenge you when you said you are not motivated to do anything. I think you are motivated and want a change, that is why you are on this amazing forum filled with wonderful people and the amazing Leo all here to help and throw around ideas. I can see a little motivation in you and I know you have it in you to get happy, find peace and clarity. You are doing a great job by meditating and I understand its hard when you live with other people. You can always go to a park or beach and just sit and be still with yourself there?

Forget about material things, girls and everything else and focus on you, who are you? who do you want to be? what do you need in order to be the person you want to be? What would my ideal lie look like? if I couldn't fail, what would I do? 

Reality is what you make it, what you focus on, your thoughts? its hard in this world to stay focused and determined but we all have it in us despite our circumstances. and if you feel so bad about your life, just think there are a lot of other people that would love to be in your position and have what you have. You have opportunity and resources, some people wish for those little things we take for granted. 

You said you have tried most of Leos suggestion in his videos... heres the secret to Leo's advice? persistence! Don't just try everything he says once, try them a few times and keep persisting and working on it to make you the person you want to be. Don't shut off from your friends and family because it will be an even more lonelier and depressing road without them and that is the last thing you want. I know sometimes you just don't want to deal with people but just don't push them away, you need them as much as they need you. smoking and drinking is not the answer and I know that because I have been there and I have been at the point of ending my life and its not worth it, life gets better and your going to make it amazing with all of our help, we are here. Don't lose faith or hope because its not over until you decide it is.

19 hours ago, Burbulis said:

You have come to a really great place for support. even I feel alone sometimes and I was so excited when I got the e-mail from Leo saying he is launching this forum. I don't feel so alone anymore and I am glad to be apart of this to help everyone and support Leo with an amazing job he is doing. 

It can be a lonely road sometimes but I have learnt it is better to be lonley than in bad company or people who do not genuinely love or support you. 

plus you have all of us now =)

2 hours ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

Hi Krait

I have to challenge you when you said you are not motivated to do anything. I think you are motivated and want a change, that is why you are on this amazing forum filled with wonderful people and the amazing Leo all here to help and throw around ideas. I can see a little motivation in you and I know you have it in you to get happy, find peace and clarity. You are doing a great job by meditating and I understand its hard when you live with other people. You can always go to a park or beach and just sit and be still with yourself there?

Forget about material things, girls and everything else and focus on you, who are you? who do you want to be? what do you need in order to be the person you want to be? What would my ideal lie look like? if I couldn't fail, what would I do? 

Reality is what you make it, what you focus on, your thoughts? its hard in this world to stay focused and determined but we all have it in us despite our circumstances. and if you feel so bad about your life, just think there are a lot of other people that would love to be in your position and have what you have. You have opportunity and resources, some people wish for those little things we take for granted. 

You said you have tried most of Leos suggestion in his videos... heres the secret to Leo's advice? persistence! Don't just try everything he says once, try them a few times and keep persisting and working on it to make you the person you want to be. Don't shut off from your friends and family because it will be an even more lonelier and depressing road without them and that is the last thing you want. I know sometimes you just don't want to deal with people but just don't push them away, you need them as much as they need you. smoking and drinking is not the answer and I know that because I have been there and I have been at the point of ending my life and its not worth it, life gets better and your going to make it amazing with all of our help, we are here. Don't lose faith or hope because its not over until you decide it is.

Mia. Rivel execellent reply, yes persistence is the key for any area in personal development, yes we all are in wonderland (forum) now.