How to be wise

Nisargadatta quotes

33 posts in this topic

Deep stuff to contemplate 

“Reality is not an event. It cannot be experienced. For reality neither comes nor goes.”

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Nisargadatta: “There is no such thing as experience of reality.”

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Nisargadatta: “What comes and goes has no being.”

”What changes is not real. What is real does not change.”

"Your expectation of something unique and dramatic, of some wonderful explosion, is merely hindering and delaying your Self Realization. You are not to expect an explosion, for the explosion has already happened - at the moment when you were born, when you realized yourself as Being-Knowing-Feeling. There is only one mistake you are making: you take the inner for the outer and the outer for the inner. What is in you, you take to be outside you and what is outside, you take to be in you. The mind and feelings are external, but you take them to be intimate. You believe the world to be objective, while it is entirely a projection of your psyche. That is the basic confusion and no new explosion will set it right! You have to think yourself out of it. There is no other way."

Love this dude so much. 

Grace

I have had many many teachers along this path. They have all lead to Sri Nisargadatta.

"You are prior to consciousness" Nisargadatta

"It is easier to understand that the entire manifestation is of a nature of a dream or mirage. And you interpret the rest of manifestation as a mirage but won't let go of the see'er of the phenomenon. But the see'er is also part of the mirage."     Nisargadatta

"Wisdom is knowing I am no-thing,
Love is knowing I am every-thing,
and between the two my life moves."

~Nisargadatta

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Nisargadatta: “Just understand yourself. That itself is eternity.”

13 hours ago, Anna1 said:

"Wisdom is knowing I am no-thing,
Love is knowing I am every-thing,
and between the two my life moves."

~Nisargadatta

My mind just blew away pffff!! So fcking deep!

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

1 hour ago, LiakosN said:

My mind just blew away pffff!! So fcking deep!

:) That's my fav quote of his!

Here's another-

"Have your being outside this body of birth and death and all your problems will be solved. They exist because you believe yourself born to die. Undeceive yourself and be free. You are not a person."

~Nisargadatta 

**Of course, hes speaking from the absolute perspective in this quote, which can be helpful, in discriminating between what's real/unreal.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Nisargadatta: “Come to the conclusion that you are not the consciousness.” 

Edited by How to be wise

@How to be wise Then what am I ???

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

Nisargadatta used the word consciousness for phenomenal objects and/or one's "personal" consciousness. Which is none other then "reflected" consciousness. So, he didn't use it in the typical way, hence the confusion.

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Then what am I ???

@LiakosN "You are prior to consciousness"

"Nothing perceivable or conceivable"

You are what is actually taking place. 

If ones concisenessness is filled with attachment/conditioning then you remain within that conditioned field of consciousness. 

Until that ends, you are that. 

"It is always the false that makes you suffer, the false desires and fears, the false values and ideas, the false relationships between people. Abandon the false and you are free of pain; truth makes happy, truth liberates."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

:)@Anna1

To one that may read this, by which means does one abandon the false?

What causes this falseness (fear, desire, attachment)??

What action is in movement that abandons this falsity? 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless I'm not taking the bait. Let's not derail this thread.:)

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, Anna1 said:

@Faceless I'm not taking the bait. Let's not derail this thread.:)

Not bating you friend. 

Just thought it might be worth going into. 

Belive it or not we are on the same side:)