Jamie Universe

Dissolving ego and Egoic actions

6 posts in this topic

So as far as dissolving ego and reaching higher consciousness. I come across this thing of stuff considered egoic, for example if I choose and actively try and stop criticizing people, is that dissolving ego? I mean I think criticizing is a bad idea in general, but does it help at all? I feel like this is an important distinction to make.

Trying to stop criticizing - also movement of ego mind. Or you could say a movement of desire-thought (same thing).

Where there’s will/effort/volition/trying/choosing/deciding, there is ego mind.

Edited by robdl

Only ego mind would want to dissolve ego mind.  

The wanting itself is an indicator of ego mind. 

Ego mind wants a new car, ego mind wants to dissolve ego mind. Essentially the same thing.

Edited by robdl

8 hours ago, robdl said:

Only ego mind would want to dissolve ego mind.  

As said, it's more about your mind wanting to dissolve the ego mind, so trying to resist or actively dissolve the mind doesn't work. But what does work is questioning and observations.

Have you ever asked this question - Why do I even want to dissolve the ego?

The answer, most of the time, will come from ego. If it's to improve one's self, that's egoistic. If it's to stop criticizing people, that's from the ego. If you consider something bad, then it's from the ego.

The universe and reality is neutral. Bad or good doesn't exist. Improvement/"de-improvement" does not exist. It's just constructions in the ego. Trying to do something is not a good way to go, in my opinion

You're not human, you're the universe

An action of time attempting to end time 

The inevitable contradiction and impossibility. 

Edited by Faceless