Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lynnel

Working with the voice (Projection, tonality, loudness, etc.).

5 posts in this topic

I feel like I am a bit stuck up on my voice and I never talk loudly enough so for instance during my old pick up days girls wouldn't hear me.

I'm gonna start toastmasters quite soon and I'm thinking about getting some singing or vocal coaching lessons to really have a nice voice and not being afraid to talk out loud and being heard by people, to handle all those social pressure aspects.

In general I feel like it's a very nice skill to have, be it for dating or getting a job, leadership, etc.

Does anyone have any tips, videos, books to recommend to handle this ?

Consolidate the 5th (voice) into 1st (base of the spine). Do not copy other's voices or tonalities. Embrace the state of your voice, it will become golden with practice. 

Luckily, vocal/speech training is a well researched prosess, and absolutely doable. I worked with a logoped/speech therapist myself for a short while. I can recommend it.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

This reminds me kind of the lawyer from it's always sunny in philadelphia who's always obsessed with his hands, but replace hands with voice.

Edited by MisterMan

You can check book "Set Your Voice Free: How To Get The Singing Or Speaking Voice You Want" by Roger Love

There are many exercises in the book. You will be working with voice recorder to get a better feel of how your voice sounds and changes.