Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkusSweden

How can we spread Actualisation to Africa?

38 posts in this topic

Some scientific minded people will claim that they are lowlifes and people with low IQ. 

Nothing can be more far from truth. Africans are just as much part of oneness that we are. 

Those black tribal people are nothing less than God, remember? 

We see people from all over the world here, North and South America, Europe, Australia, Asia, but none from Africa. 

Those poor people have internet, right? 

How can we spread the knowledge of Mooji, Tolle, Spira, Leo, Adyashanti, Osho, Sadhguru etcetera. 

How cool wouldn't that be with people from the deep middle parts of Africa like Congo, South Sudan, Uganda and central African republic. 

REUNITE THE WORLD NOW! 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

You might get a kick out of this.

The kingdom of heaven is within.

I don't like this kind of thinking. This is what keeps Africa poor, low-IQ etc. If Europeans can figure out how to build massive infrastructure, and raise their level of living. Then so can Africans, you just have to let them do it rather than meddling in their affairs all the time. Let the process play out

3 minutes ago, Durka_Durka said:

I don't like this kind of thinking. This is what keeps Africa poor, low-IQ etc. If Europeans can figure out how to build massive infrastructure, and raise their level of living. Then so can Africans, you just have to let them do it rather than meddling in their affairs all the time. Let the process play out

But shouldn't we help poor people with out of date culture? 

We should help them to incorporate modern values to their culture and make sure they have access to internet for educational and self actualisation reasons. 

Don't you think? 

We helped Syria and Iraq to get rid of dictatorship and implement democracy. Rich and cultural developed countries should help those behind, that's just common sense. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden No. I don't think so. Because when the West has intervened in those places, it's gotten worse. To be honest I'm all for isolationist policy, let them grow when they can and how they can. Otherwise you'll be stuck in a charity driven vicious cycle like Africa is in right now. And parts of Syria are now ISIS run, with rape camps for Yazidi girls. Just let them deal with their own problems, there is no need to meddle and make things worse

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You gotta do Leo’s Life Purpose Course asap.  

@MarkusSweden If you want to try it then be my guest, I've laid out my opinion on it

2 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

How can we spread the knowledge of Mooji, Tolle, Spira, Leo, Adyashanti, Osho, Sadhguru etcetera. 

Most of the spiritual teachers (including many Indian masters) spread their message in Europe and America because a spiritual movement is possible in these countries. Spirituality is a luxury , other nations are not ready for it. In the days of Buddha , India was spiritual, when India was affluent.

6 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Most of the spiritual teachers (including many Indian masters) spread their message in Europe and America because a spiritual movement is possible in these countries. Spirituality is a luxury , other nations are not ready for it. In the days of Buddha , India was spiritual, when India was affluent.

Can you give me more of a description about India in Buddha's time? Did many people awaken at that time?

@MarkusSweden Well the reason that most of here are can get into personal development is because we have the resources. Basically, it's because we have the Internet. 

A higher proportion of people in the West have the luxury of being able to worry about their emotional problems, rather than having to worry about how they're going to earn money and survive.

If you want Africa to become more "self actualized" you gotta just let their country grow economically. A societal shift towards orange in spiral dynamics, in contrast to the blue many countries are still dominated by. From what I've heard, Western countries have been exploiting African countries for profit and African countries are in a shit ton of debt to other countries. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

9 hours ago, Ether said:

Can you give me more of a description about India in Buddha's time? Did many people awaken at that time?

The Classic Age of Ancient India roughly corresponded, in the chronology of world history, to that of Ancient Greece. The Classical Age saw the rebirth of urban civilization (Before it urbanization happened in Indus Valley civilization 3300-1300 BCE)  in ancient India, and with it, a literate culture. It was an age of amazing religious creativity. A growing number of merchants, officials and other urban-base people began looking for a more personal religious experience, one which would speak to their individual need for salvation. Moreover, by the 6th century BCE the Hindu religion had become characterized by a high degree of ceremonial. This gave a dominant place to the priests of the Brahmin caste.

India at the time of the Buddha was very spiritually open. Every major philosophical view was present in society. At the time when Gautama started his spiritual journey, there was a great intellectual ferment in the country. Besides the Brahmanic Philosophy there were as many as sixty-two different schools of philosophy, all opposed to the Brahmanic Philosophy.

India had the world's largest economy from 1 CE to 1000 CE.   In 1500, China was the largest economy in the world, followed closely by India. 

Buddha's Attitude to His Contemporaries

1. The Buddha did not accept the teachings of the new philosophers. 
    2. His rejection of their teaching was not without reasons. He said that: 
    3. If the doctrines of Purana Kassyappa or Pakudha Kacchyana were true, then one can do any evil or any harm; one may even go to the length of killing another without involving any social responsibility or social consequences. 
    4. If the doctrine of Makhali Ghosal is true, then man becomes the slave of destiny. He cannot liberate himself. 
    5. If the doctrine of Ajit Kesakambal is true, then all that man has to do is to eat, drink and make merry. 
    6. If the doctrine of Sanjaya Belaputta was true, then man must float about, and live without a positive philosophy of life. 
    7. If the doctrine of Nigantha Nathaputta was true, then man's life must be subjected to Asceticism and Tapascharya, a complete subjugation and uprooting of man's instincts and desires. 
    8. Thus, none of the paths of life suggested by the philosophers appealed to the Buddha. He thought they were the thoughts of men who had become hopeless, helpless, and reckless. He therefore decided to seek light elsewhere. 

13 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

How can we spread the knowledge of Mooji

Mooji is a spiritual teacher originally from Jamaica. Most of the Jamaicans are African descent. . 

Mooji has travelled to Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden, North America, Argentina, Brasil, UK, Ireland, Portugal, Ukraine, Poland, Russia, and India, conducting Satsang meetings, Intensives and Retreats. 

Jamaicans are descendents from Africa but Mooji and his organization has not done much work in Africa.

14 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Reminds me of this great chapelle bit (starts at 1:00)

Edited by Arman

Theres no answer to "how to help/save africa" as it's just so big of a system affected by other systems. Every move other nations make towards helping triggers a chain reaction, outside and inside forces make a move at the same time. It's just issue after issue after issue.

Feed them, they stop working. 

Dont feed them, they starve. 

Every action has a reaction and every reaction causes an action. 

Its like a system that continually collapses on itself as it cant sustain progress, as there is so much force undoing every bit of progress. 

"Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, government, or society itself into improvement." - wikipedia

Im hardly ridiculing or shaming anything, Im pointing out the fact that when the west involves itself in african problems in good faith, it often looks good on paper but in practise things dont work out as the system that africa is works in sometimes unexpected but understandable ways. 

Crime?  Systemic problem

Corruption? Systemic problem

Hunger and thirst? Systemic problem

Unemployment? Systemic problem

History of slavery? Systemic and cultural problem that is difficult to understand in the year 2018

All the problems work in sync and feed into each other. Thats why I claimed there is no simple answer to op's questions. Prospering nations should help, im in no way implying it's a hopeless situation. It's just really complicated. 

3 hours ago, Outer said:

This satirical tone from you is deeply disturbing and annoying.

Yet my non-satirical posts are even more disturbing and annoying to you. 

If you corner me into serious stuff you will suffering more, be careful! ;) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

3 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Yet my non-satirical posts are even more disturbing and annoying to you. 

If you corner me into serious stuff you will suffering more, be careful! ;) 

Heal yourself first before you try to heal others.

OP you do realize that Africa is a continent and not a single country, right?

Self Actualization would be just as much (probably more so) of a challenge as it would with any other part of the world. Africa has too many different ethnic groups, cultures, languages, etc to be trivialized. There are many countries in Africa that would perhaps have an easier time integrating this into their culture simply based on their standard of living in comparsion to other African countries. Most African countries are poor and have extremely oppressive governments. Therefore, most people I would assume are more concerned with survival and having their basic needs met. Despite this Africa is home to some of the most fastest growing economies and slowly but surely overcoming its own obstacles. I think we'll see more Africans in a position to accept self development once a firm and strong middle class arises. Sadly it is the middle and upper classes of most societies who have the luxery to concern themselves with self development work.

Self development/actualization work in Africa could be a booming but very challenging market. And there is a whole different sort of dynamics one would have to consider when marketing it. Unfortunately many African countries and societies are just now recovering from the psychogical trauma of brutal wars, colonialism, abject poverty etc. This places a significant burden on a people which more often than not leads to a cycle of self destruction. 

I'd say that self actualization in Africa is not only possible but desperately needed. But it would have to be done in a place of patience, compassion, and understanding.