Ananta

Enlightenment Sickness

163 posts in this topic

Now, what’s the takeaway here?  That’s what y’all should be asking instead of self-congratulating yourselves.  You self-congratulate yet never change anything.  All your ideas are as firm as they were before this discussion.  You gotta be willing to change, to evolve, to grow.  And that requires admitting you're wrong and being humble.  The Ego of the Conceptual Understanding is real, that’s my takeaway.  The Conceptual Understanding of a Perspective seeks to protect itself and defend itself.  The only way to get past this is awareness of and transcendence of that particular kind of Ego.  

And Faceless ran off to the ocean.  That doesn’t surprise me.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Thank-You-Memes-for-work.jpg

@Nahm @cetus56 

This thread, whew! I'm shocked it wasn't locked ages ago.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

28 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Thank-You-Memes-for-work.jpg

@Nahm @cetus56 

This thread, whew! I'm shocked it wasn't locked ages ago.

I’m glad it wasn’t.  I’ve learned more here than I ever knew before.  Sometimes you need to get up underneath the surface and see what’s inside of things.  And that requires digging.  It’s only by being challenged that people reveal their true colors.  Words alone are cheap and often superficial.  You gotta see what people actually do.  What you say and what you do should be aligned.  If you say a bunch of nice stuff, yet behave in a very contrasting way — that ship don’t sail!  You need both — good talk and good behavior.  That’s called embodiment.  If you’re apparently Enlightened, yet you’re always picking trivial fights with everybody, that’s a red flag that something’s not being embodied.  It’s just mere words then.  All talk, no walk.  In Texas they call this — all hat and no cattle.  Enlightened people have both talk and walk — the teachings are embodied, they’re not just typing mere theory.  Anybody bum off the street can parrot theory.  But to live it, that’s where the final exam in this work is.

This is my final comment here.  Thanks to the people who participated. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I've learned, not just in this thread, but in life recently (lots of loss & death).

Happiness is definately not in objects  (anything subtle or gross). If you base your happiness (joy) in objects that change endlessly and constantly...you suffer. Period.

Anything that changes constantly is only "apparently" real and can not be relied upon. Only what never changes and is constantly present is real and the source of true joy.

@Joseph Maynor Ive learned you're a bully. 

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

20 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

I've learned, not just in this thread, but in life recently (lots of loss & death).

Happiness is definately not in objects  (anything subtle or gross). If you base your happiness (joy) in objects that change endlessly and constantly...you suffer. Period.

Anything that changes constantly is only "apparently" real and can not be relied upon. Only what never changes and is constantly present is real and the source of true joy.

@Joseph Maynor Ive learned you're a bully. 

Project much?  Bam!  I mean really.  This fits the definition to a ‘T’ for projection.  I’ve seen you buttonholing your prey on here.  And you do it so methodically too — like you’re setting up these elaborate premeditated traps.  I’ve watched you do this to Faceless and to others.  So, if I’m a bully, consider the source of this statement.  At best, it would be the pot calling the kettle black.  But unlike you, I mostly stick to my Journal writing and don’t sit around all day like a Sand Spider waiting to lure a victim into its trap. You calling me a bully is bully behavior.  I’m way smarter than you, so you can’t manipulate me or others on here.  I will set the record straight in response to your tactics.  The reason you don’t like me is because I’m smart enough to expose you — and of course you don’t like that.  If I were you, I wouldn’t either!  I get it.

Video on point to watch

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’ve seen you buttonholing your prey on here.  And you do it so methodically too — like you’re setting up these elaborate premeditated traps.  

I don't know what you mean. Someone comes for me, I give it back,  just like you would. 

By the way you describe me, I should be in the CIA or FBI (my prey, methodical, elaborate traps). xD

Just admit it, you don't like me and never did and THAT is your motivation. I no longer care. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

7 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Paranoid too? 

I actually do like her.  I’m trying to help her.  It’s a tactic dude, she ain’t paranoid.  That’s how she lures people into arguments.  So, I won’t answer her, I’ll answer you instead.  You gotta recognize how she baits you into an argument over some trivial issue.  I’m smart enough to see the ploy almost every time.  I became aware of it pretty fast.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Paranoid too? 

Etagnwo 

Replied: Friday at 01:50 AM · Report

Who in your estimation is the person who talks the most gobbledygook on here?

I think it's Joseph maynor and then pluto then quanty in bronze 

**Lol, Oh, the irony

@Joseph Maynor according to @Etagnwo you won the prize for the most gobbledygook on the forum! Congrats!

Keep coming after me @Etagnwo and I'll post every PM you ever sent!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

31 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

@Anna1 and what's your point Anna?

I don't like Joseph's theories. 

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve lol. Trying to uncover some kind of scandal that you think I have committed in pm to you? Lol

I get it, you’re playing the role of Zen Master.  Kudos.  Look at you trying to lure Anna into a trivial argument.  You two seem cut from the same cloth.  No wonder you annoy each other so much.  I wonder how woke you really are though.  You are a one-trick pony with the ‘asshole method’ of teaching.  Good teachers are more flexible and positive in their teaching style.  I’ve never seen anything positive or uplifting or creative come outta you.  It’s always the same old ‘slander the ego’ method.  I wonder why you only use that particular method.  Seems kinda dark and depressing to me.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Don't take it personally. What I think of you is none of your business. The same is true likewise. 

It's an opinion.

But you ought to be commenting on how Anna is breaking dharma because of her desires or thwarted desires. What does that tell you about her time spent learning vedanta? Not much 

Tell it to yourself too.  Maybe we should all slander your Ego like a hobby.  You’re like a fox in a henhouse dude — and you get off on it too.  Otherwise you wouldn’t use just that one style of teaching all the time.  I get it.  You love it.  It’s an addiction.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Etagnwo

Also said-

"Good manners is fine. But these guys here have a different cultural understanding of what good manners is. They are college educated white middle class mellenials who are lazy and self entitled (for the most part) and bruise easily. They are also sattvic (but still delusonal) and green (spiral dynamics) meaning they think enlightenment is about being a more conscious person who has access to higher stages of consciousness (whatever that means). There references to anime, science, philosophy, and playing computer games tells me a lot about how they were brought up. These types are interested in New age spirituality

I am a tamasic working class boy who calls a spade a spade. In my world I have good manners. "

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Reminds me of something similar I read in a book of Adyashanti. He said that these half assed Enlightenment realizations, incomplete dissolving of the ego and thus ego clinging to these stuff can manifest really scary and unhealthy volatile mixture of Reality. At this state there is neither total Truth perception nor entirely egoic sleepwalking. This can lead to serious bipolar disorders when these nondual Truths are abused by ego.

From my own experience I have found that when Nondual Truths like life is meaningless, there is no self, values, others etc are attempted to be conceptualized and desperately clung to by the dualistic mind, it can lead to severe dysfunction, depression, nihilism in one's life.

Thank you @Anna1 for shining light on this topic :) 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Anna you and everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's just a cloud passing in the sky

Thanks for giving us your permission.  I know how you like to control.  Someone should hit you with a dose of your own slanderous and insulting medicine.  See how you like it tough guy.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

22 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

This is something I've said on the forum 

Why do you think this is bad? Is it because you think you are bad?

Are you going to post that you liked what I said?

No. Didn't think so. That wouldn't serve your narrative right now, would It? 

Word salad.  I got you too: you Faceless and Anna.  Now, ya’ll go lick your wounds and grow a bit, will ya.  Become more at peace and versatile in your teaching methods.  Become more positive.  Have ideas that you actually embody.  ‘Idle concepts’ are a distraction if you wanna get woke up.  Ya’ll are stuck at the mid-point, and you’re gonna stay there unless you change. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Etagnwo 

Replied: Saturday at 01:18 PM · Report

What do you think faceless agenda is? Here? In the forum?

I mean, to flat out deny a system like vedanta that has developed over years of trial and error (including people sitting in caves doing what he's doing and finding out that it does t work) is more than arrogant. 

What's your take?  

Etagnwo 

Replied: Saturday at 01:21 PM · Report

I mean. The way He comes across is werid too. The avatar photo of some dude with a top hat and trench coat - bit of a narcissist. Condescending yet doesn't really seem to embody someone who doesn't experience a duality between people.  What do you think? 

Idiot or genius? 

Edited by Anna1

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

15 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Wtf? 

Lol

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Reported. Why don't you post your reply?

Put the conversation into context 

There was no reply...you PM'd 3 in a row. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Reported

Awe, now I warned you. Told you to stop. You weren't worried, remember?

You break the name calling rule every other day. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?