Santiago

How to help someone who is hopeless?

23 posts in this topic

my advice as someone who recovered from a comparable emotional reality, is to make a self-care kit, and to regularly take time to reflect on what changes you can observe from the past few weeks to few months, and take time to reflect on positives wanted in the future. 

From my life, I never felt like people related, and when I did it was a short-lived feeling, because there was more that never came up in our conversations, so it would be great to have someone relate but in the end only I would be the one to know my experience, and I had to be the one to learn how to be strong in the face of them. Learning from others helped, and sharing my experiences usually helped, but in the end it was my determination that pulled me through. 

Your friend of course wouldn't have to be like me to do something similar, to turn her life around, really it isn't turning life around though - it is finding what is strong already, and strengthening it further, and finding what isn't strong enough, and supporting oneself in building that strength. 

I have heard that changing one's environment can make a big difference - if it is possible for her to meet new people or visit new place I'd recommend it.

I feel for this girlfriend of yours.

I don't have anything to say that might help her because I'm going through the same thing.

It can be scary when a someone feels hopeless and sad. Ask her how you can help If she say she doesn’t know it’s okay And tell her that’s okay. Here are some tips which may help you:-

• Said her don't think about the future – just focus on getting through today.
  • Stay away from drugs and alcohol
  • Get her a safe place, like a friend's house.
  • Do something for her to enjoy, such as spending time with a pet.