WaterfallMachine

How to Let Go of Spiritual Elitism

20 posts in this topic

As I go deeper into all this enlightenment work, sometimes I feel some kind of pride in feeling better than others. Like I feel like I'm special for getting into all this stuff like it was a secret the universe gave only to some people.

Someone come here and help me kill my ego. Thanks.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

23 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Otherwise you're just stuck with opinions from other special egos. What you should be aware of all the time is that there are no other people here, there is only you modified a million other ways. If you see egos and you feel superior then you're not really gaining anything from the work

Can you put into more detail about what you mean by other people here just me modified in a million different ways? I'd like to understand it more.

@Saumaya Thanks.

― Socrates

No self-respecting person actually cares if you are more enlightened than them or not. It does not make you a special snowflake in the least. Let your spiritual practice bring you joy, but understand it does not make you better than anyone else who practices something. :)

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

49 minutes ago, zenjen said:

No self-respecting person actually cares if you are more enlightened than them or not. It does not make you a special snowflake in the least. Let your spiritual practice bring you joy, but understand it does not make you better than anyone else who practices something. :)

Basically what I was about to post lol

@WaterfallMachine to get rid of spiritual elitism you kill all people spiritually inferior to you so that there is no one left to whom you are spiritually superior, hence you can't be in any sort of elite. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

12 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@WaterfallMachine to get rid of spiritual elitism you kill all people spiritually inferior to you so that there is no one left to whom you are spiritually superior, hence you can't be in any sort of elite. 

lol nice

3 hours ago, WaterfallMachine said:

Can you put into more detail about what you mean by other people here just me modified in a million different ways? I'd like to understand it more.

@Saumaya Thanks.

You and I are one, and Leo, and all the humans that are alive even human that will be born  every moment to this earth and human being from the past are you,. Every piece of you Will be seen around youuuuu! It is hard to believe it when you are not experiencing it it is beyond your logical mind.. I have the direct experience of it by having LSD,.. Leo on his videos let's say what is an intelligence every sequence of the words have an infinite sequences from the next word he will say and to the past! And other human being can talk about what Leo is trying to say in an infinite ways that the other person can Pick a word of what is his want to speak... not only just a million different ways.. but infinite ways!! I can talk of what leo is trying to explain in my own way that's one ! But it's inifnite.. the person who is not yet born can speak different way of explain what Leo want to say in his videos... 

10 hours ago, Etagnwo said:

When you say I, what does that mean to you? 

It’s nothingness. Not the nothingness of an empty black box. Not the nothingness of deep space. Not the nothingness of being devoid of motivation or emotions. Just nothingness. 

I seem to get the insights more of how I’m not my personality and history, but the insight of how I’m not even my body somehow takes some time for me. Without this, I can’t seem to get the idea of how I’m one with other people. I’ve gotten instances of it before, but to maintain it is something else.

To the others, hmm. . . I’m familiar with much of what you’re saying, but this particular insight I have trouble with.

― Socrates

6 hours ago, John Iverson said:

You and I are one, and Leo, and all the humans that are alive even human that will be born  every moment to this earth and human being from the past are you,. Every piece of you Will be seen around youuuuu! It is hard to believe it when you are not experiencing it it is beyond your logical mind.. I have the direct experience of it by having LSD,.. Leo on his videos let's say what is an intelligence every sequence of the words have an infinite sequences from the next word he will say and to the past! And other human being can talk about what Leo is trying to say in an infinite ways that the other person can Pick a word of what is his want to speak... not only just a million different ways.. but infinite ways!! I can talk of what leo is trying to explain in my own way that's one ! But it's inifnite.. the person who is not yet born can speak different way of explain what Leo want to say in his videos... 

Eh, it’s not hard to believe. I’ve read and practiced so many of what Leo’s videos say and his books that absurd ideas like this seem ordinary to me now. But thanks, I’ll keep this in mind and try to look for a direct experience of it myself. 

― Socrates

@WaterfallMachine In your mind you hold yourself as 'high' just tell yourself, that by saying you are 'high' your actually a lot 'lower' and argue with yourself that your actually a lot lower. I think it might've worked for me, but I'm not 100% sure.

No worries, it will come a time when you will ditch any low conscious people. 

Pride and Humbleness? Both are EGO constructs. 

Don't try to define Enlightenment and Awakening as something Rightous. Do not confuse reality with Peace, Humble, Good, etc. 

Reality comes RAW! ;) 

Leo's patented cure for spiritual arrogance: take 6 grams of mushrooms and watch it kick yours ass into humility ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 13/06/2018 at 11:50 PM, Leo Gura said:

Leo's patented cure for spiritual arrogance: take 6 grams of mushrooms and watch it kick yours ass into humility ;)

Or do it the natural way

@WaterfallMachine with basicly anything where there is a possibility to feel supperior than others, there is the option to take advantage of the opportunity. Pretty basic human trait. This is the ego holding on so that it wont die. Its basicly like you have multiple bodies and all of the exept one can live. 

But when you start giving in to the ego you start loosing your way, and your gifts will be taken away. It takes control over you again.

It’s interesting that during the awakening process we feel that we are special, but soon realise that we still ain’t shit. Pretty humbling imho. We are just tapping in to the real reality like so many others have. No biggie. 

Edited by furashido

2 hours ago, Ether said:

Or do it the natural way

The natural way like what? Having anti depressant? To have peace of mind?, 6 grams of mushroom can kick you from where you are.. eat it, than consuming anti depressants or medicine for schizophrenic like in your post last time i search that thing it is for schizophrenic , you don't have that case either. But i see there is more to work out to yourself... that you must see it, after you eat mushroom.. see what kind of comment and post you put it here in the forum .. ?

On 6/12/2018 at 7:50 PM, WaterfallMachine said:

I seem to get the insights more of how I’m not my personality and history, but the insight of how I’m not even my body somehow takes some time for me. Without this, I can’t seem to get the idea of how I’m one with other people. I’ve gotten instances of it before, but to maintain it is something else.

To the others, hmm. . . I’m familiar with much of what you’re saying, but this particular insight I have trouble with.

Think of it like this:

Take twins for example. I find it fascinating that identical twins start out as literally the same person, all the way down to the dna. They are literally clones of each other. And yet, from the very second they are born, they begin to diverge into being separate persons, which is due to varying experiences, traumas, ect. 

However we are all born this way. Not with matching DNA, but with matching consciousness. Every single human that is born is an extension of the very same consciousness. And just like twins, we begin to diverge the very second we are born. 

Now we are mostly taught that everyone has a unique "soul". But this is not really the case. We all have the same exact soul - there is only one! (if you want to call it that) - yet we differ in how the consciousness was imprinted since birth.