Victor Mgazi

Define GOD

46 posts in this topic

GOD is a misinterpretation of ALL THAT IS.

B R E A T H E

I have seen the way Leo would refer to consciousness as God so are they practically the same thing or being?

@pluto 

I do believe that most of us have had a false concept of the nature of GOD. 

EVERYTHING

or

"God is conceived of as the Supreme Being and the principal object of faith.[3] The concept of God, as described by theologians, commonly includes the attributes of omniscience (all-knowing), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), and as having an eternal and necessary existence" - wiki.

Many ways to conceptualize God really. 

Can we define GOD as being itself, in a way that God doesn't exist but rather is EXISTENCE?? :o

3 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

Can we define GOD as being itself, in a way that God doesn't exist but rather is EXISTENCE?? :o

Being "itself" is most wise Indeed :)

B R E A T H E

Now I'm only wondering if existence can be absolute since it is made up of everything that exists. 

I'm not sure why but I find it a bit tricky to to determine. 

Here's a quick question. 

If things can only exist relative to what they are not then can the same thing be said about consciousness/infinity /everything? 

I've pondered on this for awhile myself. 

The word "God", with a capital G refers to a sentient being that is all powerful, all knowing and omniprecent.

If you are talking about anything else you should avoid using this word to avoid unneccesary confusion and miscommunication

If you are talking about all there is use the term "all there is". If you are talking about the creative force of the universe use the term "the creative force of the universe". If you are talking about consiousness, use the term "conciousness". Don't use the term "God".

Language is just a toolbox for communicating. Pick the tool that best fits the job: Pick the words that maxemize the recepients chance of understanding what you refere to. Redefining a common word in your own private language will only cause you to talk past whoever you try to communicate with. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@Erlend K I agree with you. 

But the whole point of this topic was for me to learn about other people's perspective on GOD or a god. 

Like the way you have shared your knowledge on God which I am grateful for. 

"God Is...

Perhaps the closest way to describe 'God' is in paradoxes. It is everything and nothing at once. It is everything you can and can't perceive. It hides in plain sight. It is simple yet unfathomable. People then say "it is infinite being". Obviously, all these different words can cause more confusion, if you are too attached to the words."

- From my journal entry in Make Happy

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

The nature of god just seems to be more and more mysterious. 

Nothing = Not a thing (please correct me if I'm wrong) 

So if something is not a thing then it is not of existence for any thing that exists is automatically part of everything which is existence. 

Does this sound right? 

From my perspective, I am the universe. That is to say I am that which is being experienced. 

10 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Trying to grasp this intellectually will not reveal God to you.

You need to shift your perspective about who you believe you are. Then you will understand. The experience will pass, but your doubt will be gone

Can you present me a different perspective? 

How do I pursue this "enlightenment" without actually knowing what it is? 

This is hurting my brain. :/

Because of the experience of time. All time exists all the time so if consciousness was in time then we would all be starring at a single event(picture) for all eternity. 

It's like you can't watch a movie ? and be part of it at the same time. 

Looking at reality, one of three ideas must be true, at the expense of the others. This is essentially the Cosmological Argument.

1. Reality itself is the uncaused first cause.

2. There is a finite chain of causes that terminates in an uncaused first cause.

3. There is an infinite chain of causes that never ends.

Theory one is easily disproved as we have much evidence that this universe had a beginning, and cannot be uncaused, therefore.

Theory three is, I guess, possible, but is unnecessarily baffling.

So I propose that the second of these three is true. I also go one step further and claim that the finite chain is of length one, and that the cause of this universe is itself the uncaused first cause. I cannot prove this, but I know this to be true.

I will also go one step further and state that this uncaused first cause is called Yahweh, and he is who he is: the great I AM. He is the God of Judeo-Christianity, and is the one true God. Again, I cannot prove this to you, but I know it to be true.

Yahweh is holiness. Yahweh is power. Yahweh is might. Yahweh is wisdom. Yahweh is fire. Yahweh is wrath. Yahweh is justice. Yahweh is goodness. Yahweh is mercy. Yahweh is love. Yahweh is beauty. Yahweh is hope. Yahweh is playfulness. Yahweh is joy. The list is, presumably, infinite, for Yahweh is absolute infinity - he is boundless.

The only way to the truth, Yahweh, is through his Son Yeshua/Jesus. Any other method is a deception, and they can be extremely convincing. I won't go into full detail here, as my aim is not to evangelize, but simply to speak truth, as I am moved by the Holy Spirit, which dwells inside my heart.

@Victor Mgazi @Etagnwo seer as in one that witnesses yeah. 

14 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

@Victor Mgazi for a while think of consciousness as the seer. 

Which part of you never changed all through your life? 

Can you paraphrase your question I'm not sure I get.