Gladius

Mushrooms vs. Ayahuasca

10 posts in this topic

A couple months ago I had my first psychedelics experience. My friends and I went to Amsterdam and I took the chance to try mushrooms for the sake of "spiritual growth", taking Leo's advice. It truly was one of the best experiences I had. My brain reseted, my chakras opened, I felt love all around, and so on and so forth. I finally found the breakthrough I had been looking for the last years of my life, and it was really needed.

Unfortunately, one of my friends had a bad trip. He fainted shortly afterwards and we spent that night in hospital with him. As powerful as I had felt until then, my chakras closed back and couldn't help to feel lots of frustration.

Next week I'm going (by myself) on a Ayahuasca retreat. I'd like to know what to expect compared to psylocibina and how to make the most of it, so I can get it right this time.

Thank you Leo, thank you guys!

How do you faint from a mushroom trip???

Was your friend bouncing around on a pogo stick?

Nonduality viral video idea: mushrooms on pogo sticks! ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ok, long story short: 4 hours after taking them we went to a restaurant. I felt so good at that time I started flirting with a cute waitress, and she was flirting back. My theory is he felt extremely envious on a subconscious level. At that point he literally fainted on top of his meal, then fell backwards and hit his head against the floor. He started shaking and talking nonsense, so they called an ambulance. True story. 

@Gladius Lol, you guys find such creative ways to misuse psychedelics. One might almost say that God has an infinitely creative sense of humor and justice ;)

P.S. Be ready for Ayahuasca to school you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Maybe it will teach you what death is and the meaning of it. This was my experience with mushrooms. No hallucinations for me, I do not tend to stay on the mind. Maybe astral projection RL (DMT like) or premonitions in my case. 

If you guys remember the terrorist attack with a car in Barcelona, 13 deaths. I was tripping 2-3 day before that with 6g of mushrooms. I knew all that will happened, but I only got a death glimpse, without details. I freaked out, told my family, we skipped Barcelona for a week or so. 

Edited by Quanty

Well man, it's possible to simply fall into a good, productive trip, despite having done everything to discourage that from happening, and maybe that was your strategy with the mushrooms, but I hope you get a little more serious with the ayahuasca. People don't go out on the town and try to score some strange after dosing psychedelics for personal growth. That's called recreation. I'm glad you apparently had a happy trip and learned something, but I hope you plan to treat the ayahuasca retreat with more respect.

@Gladius ayahuasca is no nonsense drug. You respect her , or she will show you who is the boss. I'm actually meeting Madra this weekend myself (so fuking excited and nervous! It's like meeting my crush on a date :p) I recommend doing the diet properly two weeks before. Also limit you internet intake of news , YouTube, bullshit... just reduce noise from life as much as possible. I do Hope the retreat you are attending is legit. Best of luck!! And share your visit later

Thanks guys! 

@PsiloPutty @Leo Gura I'm gonna point out my intention was to have a mystical experience with mushrooms, but we were a group of six people and I got carried away by them. 

@Quanty That attack was pretty close to me as well. I didn't expect to have these kind of predictions, but I'll be open minded about it.

@Samra Thanks for the advice! This ayahuasca retreat is really serious and reliable (and expensive). I'm really excited to finally "face my demons". I'll post about it for sure!

Yes, I understand what you're saying. I hope I didn't come off as overly pedantic or assholeish. Things can go sideways pretty quickly when you do psychedelics with other people. Your Ayahuasca retreat should be different, because they will be extremely like-minded people, all there for the same basic purpose. I hope you see and learn some wonderful things.