Joseph Maynor

Are people having their egos triggered over the new video on Intelligence?

61 posts in this topic

Video

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Didn't feel triggered at all, it made sense to me.

When you watch leo's video you need to understand that you are going to get theory stuff, he's not going to meditate on cam, his videos are entertainment and inspiration.

I don't know what people expect, leo to come on and meditate for 1 hour in front of the camera lol?

If that's what you guys want heres a video of Leo blending for 1 hour:

Edited by blazed

Just now, Natasha said:

@Joseph Maynor Probably. It could mess with one's IQ paradigm.

Nobody wants to feel like they got a low IQ.  

IQ is just Qi spelled backwards ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

IQ is just Qi spelled backwards ;)

Nice!  

1 hour ago, Ether said:

That implies I have an ego.

Shadow with devil horns... unmistakably so :D ;)

@Joseph Maynor I don't see what Leo is trying to show by talking about infinite intelligence as opposed to talking about consciousness. From my meditative experiences, I view my entire reality as just a happening. All the thoughts I have, the things I see come from nowhere. Its a feeling of peaceful depersonalization. 

Leo talks about every aspect of reality being infinitely intelligent. The fact that this present moment exists right now feels miraculous, and I'm not sure if that is what Leo is trying to point to. Is Leo trying to point towards how groundless and amazing reality is in the sense that it functions and exists at all? I just can't see what facet of consciousness he is trying to refer to. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao You can become directly consciousness of the essence of what intelligence is -- in isolation from anything else. Pure intelligence. As Anaxagoras described it. This is NOT the same thing as merely feeling the miraculousness of the present moment.

Apparently you ain't done that yet.

Like I keep saying, there are many facets and degrees of penetration to this work. But nobody seems to take me seriously when I say that. You guys keep thinking I'm deluded or something. But I warned you guys a long time ago that there is more complexity to this work than most people realize.

If you are content with being in the present moment, that's all well and good. But you don't know what intelligence is. That would be a cool thing to discover someday, if you're the metaphysically curious sort. Don't you wanna know how you engineered yourself?

@Mikael89 love the quotes 

@Leo Gura Awww don't worry Leo, I don't think you're deluded, I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶a̶r̶d̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶Q̶ ̶o̶f̶ 3̶1̶4̶1̶5̶9̶2̶6̶5̶3̶5̶8̶9̶7̶9̶3̶2̶3̶8̶4̶6̶2̶6̶4̶3̶3̶8̶3̶2̶7̶9̶5̶0̶2̶8̶8̶4̶1̶9̶7̶1̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶.

But on a serious note, I just don't know what you mean but that's okay. I'm grateful for the videos man. If my lack of understanding is an indicator of a lack of awakening then life will be all the more interesting when I awaken to that level. 

Edit: I just realised Leo didn't edit his previous post, my phone was just not loading things. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

It’s fine if you don’t get it yet. It’s only well understood through much time and experience. Take as much time as you need, and well, don’t trust us on face value. See it for yourself.

Some people say they have ideas that come from nowhere, and maybe they’re on to something. Maybe it is from “nowhere”, and this “nowhere” is much smarter than others realize. Just a clue.

Haven’t you had ideas where no clear source of infomation has appeared to you? Ideas where after much time worrying, something eventually comes to you? In creative spaces, they tell you to give yourself time away from your creative problem before coming back to it to have ideas. 

Now where do those ideas come from? And no, it’s not from the brain.

;) 

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

It’s funny that people have all kinds of Paradigms apparently without an Epistemology.  That’s amazing!  

? i just couldn't stop laughing. it's so funny. tried to imagine that trip. like fear and loathing in las vegas. 

have a friend who saw pink elephants. and had a kangaroo visiting for tea - really mindblowing insight.

even though i liked the intelligence creating itself, more than consciousness being conscious of consciousness. that nature is intelligence is experienceable, consciousness is still more difficult.

also loved the 1hour blender (only watched some minutes though)

Edited by now is forever

1 hour ago, Outer said:

IQ is a psychometric fact invention

2 minutes ago, Outer said:

@Leo Gura Hmm, IQ is an invention, says the man with an above average IQ. ;)

It's actually a measurement of intelligence, like how a ruler is. But I get what you mean.

even psychologists know that it is not an adequate measuring, tool. the test, not the ruler.

hahaahha IQ is fact? sometimes youre too funny Outer! 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

16 minutes ago, Outer said:

I was wrong. IQ is an accurate measurement of intelligence though.

you could also try to use the ruler instead.

Just now, Outer said:

Yes!

Someone using a ruler to estimate their intelligence does give an accurate measurement. ^_^

same goes for an iq test. how can you measure intelligence with points?