Joseph Maynor

Are people having their egos triggered over the new video on Intelligence?

61 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Etagnwo said:

@Joseph Maynor intelligence is just the mechanics and laws that govern the cosmos. Plants have intelligence because they have all kinds of defence mechanisms built in so we don't eat them - what they don't have is sentiency. Sentiency is not intelligent - It's just sentient. 

how do you know that? what if it's all the same? what if it's by the way all just consciousness? all nothing all one?

23 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

Because i looked at the texts..That's what they say. 

You have to make the distinction between consciousness and reflected consciousness. It's all one, but to be enlightened you have to make that split - otherwise you continue to suffer. 

"It is me, but I am not it"

i know that, that's why i asked you if you know, that it's literally all one without distinction. you are also it. how would i know that you are not just sentient but conscious? are you intelligent? it's all just   phenomena of one and the same. 

you are it but it's not you.

Edited by now is forever

hey guys, I am very intrigued about people talking about intelligence of God without trying to even mimic that they know what they are talking about.

I must admit that I don't know, don't even have a clue about how the concept of intelligence can be applied to God.

Please give me a hint.

So far , the great value of Leo's videos was that he managed to explain the unexplainable in simple words. At least he gave us a hint.

This time, neither him or anybody writing here haven't come with an attempt of a definition, but everybody speaks as it is very clear for them.

I am very curious, please consider that I am very stupid, or not conscious, and use simple words to explain me what is God;s intelligence.

I strongly believe that this is an useful exercise because it is able to shift a paradigm that you might have. 

Please start from the common definition of intelligence, or if you have another meaning, state it clearly. 

Edited by George Paul

24 minutes ago, George Paul said:

hey guys, I am very intrigued about people talking about intelligence of God without trying to even mimic that they know what they are talking about.

I must admit that I don't know, don't even have a clue about how the concept of intelligence can be applied to God.

Please give me a hint.

So far , the great value of Leo's videos was that he managed to explain the unexplainable in simple words. At least he gave us a hint.

This time, neither him or anybody writing here haven't come with an attempt of a definition, but everybody speaks as it is very clear for them.

I am very curious, please consider that I am very stupid, or not conscious, and use simple words to explain me what is God;s intelligence.

Please start from the common definition of intelligence, or if you have another meaning, state it clearly. 

god is pure intelligence, is pure consciousness, is pure nothingness. undefinable nothingness you have to search for it - it's not explainable. watch all the videos from the enlightenment experience onwards. and try to imagine it try to find god.

7 minutes ago, now is forever said:

god is pure intelligence, is pure consciousness, is pure nothingness. undefinable nothingness you have to search for it - it's not explainable. watch all the videos from the enlightenment experience onwards. and try to imagine it try to find god.

Still you used human terms to describe God. Why?

You sound like a Christian reciting the creed. No ofense.

Edited by George Paul

‘God’ is one of the most problematic words we have.  I think one is blessed if they steer clear of using it — unless you’re religious.  Otherwise it just creates a lot of unnecessary problems.  It’s a loaded word.  It sounds snazzy and deep, but it causes a lot of problems.  I’ve always really disliked the word ‘God’, even when I was a kid.  I felt like it had a deceptive quality to it.  Even to say ‘I am God’ has an unfortunate set of unpredictable connotations to it.  It’s just a messy word — one to steer clear from using unless absolutely necessary.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, George Paul said:

Still you used human terms to describe God. Why?

You sound like a Christian reciting the creed. No ofense.

just used his terms. i'm sure yo can explain it better, i'm tooo full of nothing.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever See ? We tend to attribute God (or infinity, or consciousness <-- @Joseph Maynor) with human understandable concepts.

If some of concepts like love, care, goodness might have some sense, intelligence is out of order.

In my opinion the single most appropriate human term attributable to God is "will".

Edited by George Paul

20 minutes ago, George Paul said:

@now is forever See ? We tend to attribute God (or infinity, or consciousness <-- @Joseph Maynor) with human understandable concepts.

If some of concepts like love, care, goodness might have some sense, intelligence is out of order.

yes pure chaos. but not only see it experience it. 

your boots are made for walking.

Edited by now is forever

49 minutes ago, now is forever said:

your boots are made for walking.

Meaning that before even the boots were made, there had been existing the idea of walking.

What idea existed before world came into existence ? None, because that idea would have been a world. But there was never "before" anyway.

That's why intelligence is a no no. It implies the existence of a prior thought of God at least. A thought is a world, or a dream if you want. It is a catch 22.

Have you ever come across the Zen ideas that this world has no purpose, or intention ? It just is.

Edited by George Paul

yes you are right it's a catch 22, but if there is nowhere to go it's still an alternative to make it better.

spiritualy it is anchored in bodhicitta, materialisicly in the thought of community.

Edited by now is forever

1 minute ago, now is forever said:

but if there is nowhere to go it's still an alternative to make it better.

Sorry, I don't understand what you said. Must be my limited experience in English. Make what better ?

Just now, George Paul said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you said. Must be my limited experience in English. Make what better ?

sorry i'm talking about existence.

You are saying that God is trying to make a better existence ? Have I understood right ?

4 minutes ago, George Paul said:

You are saying that God is trying to make a better existence ? Have I understood right ?

no and maybe, but i try to make it better.

how can i wait for god if it is nothing and everything already.

Edited by now is forever

4 minutes ago, now is forever said:

how can i wait for god if it is nothing and everything already.

you wait for God ? Really ? Wait to do what ? Or in what sense ?

1 hour ago, George Paul said:

you wait for God ? Really ? Wait to do what ? Or in what sense ?

well, no i say i don't wait for it it's everywhere. 

and it's waiting for us to give it meaning, really felt meaning to stop the suffering, just to be there and face it. to not run away to be the center of a storm. to stand up for existence.

to welcome it not to destroy it. because it's just so beautiful. 

ever sat in a plane and watched the world and the houses and cars from above. it doesn't have to be anything it already is.

well the houses and cars might not be a good example ?

but humans are, especially children.

facing them answering their questions. they are so wise. 

everything relates to themselves. infinitely.

so we have to put meaning inside, love inside. so it's infinite love and meaning. meaning is existence itself.

thats breaking the circle of samsara.

but i love the theater play: waiting for godot 

Edited by now is forever

i especially like the hat changing scene

Edited by now is forever

21 hours ago, George Paul said:

Have you ever come across the Zen ideas that this world has no purpose, or intention ? It just is.

yes but if it just is. there is no meaning at all. you can sit and wait forever, or do what ever you like - it's totally meaningless and empty. who cares?

help yourself to help others to stand on their feet, to help themself and help others standing up for themself.

thats what this is all about.

did i spill the beans again?

i'm just a coocoo laying an egg - you can decide for yourself if you want to raise it. you have the free will of decision (i didn't make this rule it was already there) the thought of bodhisattva is also a buddhist believe.

i guess it doesn't really matter if it is a coocoos nest already. that's why no one is there to care.

just wonder why there even is a nest.

Edited by now is forever