Kindle

how to get motivation back to practice my craft

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am working as a professional Software Developer for a big cooperation for over 10 years. 10 years ago when I got in this field I was very diligent to research and watch training videos as much I could to learn everything about software development. And I still love this field today

However I have difficulties to motivate myself to educate myself further with new technologies. I order books about software development start reading them and drop them. I buy Udemy courses about Software Technologies but loose motivation after watching the first 20%

I was wondering if somebody in this Forum overcame this obstacle and can give me some tips how to harvest motivation to get back on track with learning and mastering this field.

Appreciate your input

Thank you very much 

Why did you get into that field in the first place? 

Get back in touch with that.

I think it helps to have a goal you really want and want to work toward to.

Alternative I think its important to take 100% responsibility and take action. 

11 minutes ago, Slade said:

Why did you get into that field in the first place? 

Get back in touch with that.

Good Question I really had to ponder that question because its been already so long ago that I cannot remember.

I believe I always liked innovative technology that 

8 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

I think it helps to have a goal you really want and want to work toward to.

Alternative I think its important to take 100% responsibility and take action. 

Is the Goal supposed to be some form of materialistic attainment or is having a new skill enough of a goal.

Since I do enlightenment work for over 2 years now I have really a hard time to find a compelling goal.

I realize that everything is inevitable. I have a comfy corp Job now and this doesn't make it easier either.

@Kindle Not really sure what you mean when you talk about materiallstic attainment and I personally have nothing to do with enlightenment but the goal is supposed to help motivation as In my opinion, it helps motivation in the long run instead of short term only when working on something you really want to achieve. Any goal you really want to achieve should be ok keyword here is "really want to achive" anything that qualify that for this is ok for a goal in this case in my opinion. 

There is also scientific research on this that says goals make use happier or something a long those lines. 

At least having a goal I really wanted to achieve have helped me staying motivated for the long run.

Edited by BjarkeT

1 hour ago, BjarkeT said:

@Kindle Not really sure what you mean when you talk about materiallstic attainment and I personally have nothing to do with enlightenment but the goal is supposed to help motivation as In my opinion, it helps motivation in the long run instead of short term only when working on something you really want to achieve. Any goal you really want to achieve should be ok keyword here is "really want to achive" anything that qualify that for this is ok for a goal in this case in my opinion. 

There is also scientific research on this that says goals make use happier or something a long those lines. 

At least having a goal I really wanted to achieve have helped me staying motivated for the long run.

problem is I cannot find a goal that is compelling enough to get motivated.

I have enough money house cars all this stuff doesn't motivate me at all, I also dont care much about other people. 

Edited by Kindle

@Kindle

Do you feel you're still getting the same value out of the trainings that you used to? Sometimes a lack of motivation can simply be a lack of perceived value.