B_Naz

Non-duality and pleasure

110 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Could we say that all movement of the self moves in the direction of psychological security? 

I'm not sure. I can't say anything now, I haven't looked into security. How to be aware of this?

You're not human, you're the universe

When we seek pleasure aren’t we escaping something?

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

When we seek pleasure aren’t we escaping something?

We're not escaping from anything. We think we are escaping from something but If we go deeper on why we don't want to escape, then I think we realise that there is nothing to escape from. But what did you mean with this?

2 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

We're not escaping from anything.

Pleasure as we have said is a movement of thought. 

So to pursue pleasure (idea brought about by thought) is to escape what is (the fact) 

is the idea, pleasure, gratification?

is the fact, sense of lacking, sorrow? 

You suggested learning about addiction. Thought is the root of all such problems. 

Thats why I am going into this.

I see, it's an escape from fact...

Is this fact something I can only discover existentially?

5 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

Is this fact something I can only discover existentially?

If you are observing the fact with an intention, idea, motive, which is the same as ‘the observer’,  then you are not observing (the fact) of the movement of fear. You subtly are imposing your accumulated idea on top of that fact. 

Therefore not observing actually the fact. 

Edited by Faceless

This is how thought/the psyche opperates. It seeks security in abstraction instead of facing the fact. 

Thought psychologically avoids the fact to maintain continuity. 

Edited by Faceless

But that very movement is the cause of the psychological insecurity.

8 hours ago, B_Naz said:

Any tips to stop being attached to non-duality? 

Pleasure means being unconscious. Consciousness brings non-attachment to pleasures. 

One person may find pleasure in eating non-vegetarian food, other may vomit at the sight of it. Pleasure is psychological.

Edited by Prabhaker

@Faceless This is something I don't exactly know what it is, and I won't pretend to understand it. I understand pleasure seeking mechanics and the memory/thoughts, but understanding the actuality of the fact  (or escape) is something I don't know. I know I can't understand it in duality, and I think you know what I mean when I say understand.

I can't understand it with thoughts, so I need to work on it existentially. Can't verbally communicate this either

but it's a strong insight, I will do some more work. Thank you

5 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Pleasure means being unconscious. Consciousness brings non-attachment to pleasures. 

One person may find pleasure in eating non-vegetarian food, other may vomit at the sight of it. Pleasure is psychological.

So I shouldn't be worried about being stuck, which is why I made this post. As long as I am conscious of the attachment and pleasure. Thank you

9 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

so I need to work on it existentially.

This will prevent seeing, observing the fact. Because in this you the analyzer is attempting to analyze somthing outside yourself.  But you are not observing somthing other than yourself. The one who is analyzing is the same thing analyzed. 

So that will not work. All movement in that direction will evade the fact. 

9 minutes ago, B_Naz said:

I can't understand it with thoughts

If one doesn’t see that the i and it are the same movement then there will be no “what Is” the fact. 

Just ponder this for a while. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless It took me a bit to figure it out, but your using the "lingo" and writing style of Krishnamurti. (Except, you often sound like word salad.)

...hahaha.

I read several of his lectures on-line tonight and it was totally obvious! :)

(K's lingo- "accumulation of memory",  Root, "Movement of thought", "dualistic movement", "psychological time", fear/memory/pleasure, gratification, "observing the fact"....etc)

...Sound familiar??

Btw, no problem that you are, but you should acknowledge him when ur asked where ur getting your supposed "teaching".

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Anna1

Krishnamurti is not a teaching lol 

And I recently came into contact with what he shares around 4months through few videos.  What he talks about is spot on with how I approach observation. 

But he is not a teacher. He doesn’t promote filling our heads with concepts and jive, as I don’t either. His sharing promotes self learning. Not conforming to authority and imitation. 

The way he communicates is efficient. And I appreciate that approach. Also David Bohm and Allan watts. So I use some of K’s and Bohms words because don’t fix what is not broke right.... I have acknowledged and shared videos of there’s in the past, but knowone takes an interest. So I stopped. 

But I didnt learn from anyone. Lol 

You can’t learn about yourself through somebody else.

i understand thought through ‘self inquiry’

Edited by Faceless

8 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

You're a charlatan trying to get a following on here to boost your pathetic ego. Ripping off spiritual teachers and making it seem like you worked it out for yourself.

I knew you were up to something. 

What a weirdo 

Ripping off how? 

I have shared videos before. 

Edited by Faceless

@Etagnwo

These are not nondual teachings. 

To understand this stuff takes self observation. Something you know nothing about obviously. 

And I don’t want a following. 

Edited by Faceless

3 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

The fact that you ignore thousands of years of teachings that nearly all modern day teachers quote from and instead suggest that they have nothing to offer, that it was never a non dual teaching and that you are the one who has figured it out for yourself.

Yeah I never accumulated non dual teachings. And I did do it myself. There is no other way. Nobody can teach you. You should know that. 

Edited by Faceless

@Etagnwo

everything I share specificly states you have to learn and develop an understanding of yourself. 

So how does that imply that I want a following? 

Edited by Faceless

11 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

You're like a broken record because you don't actually take the time to understand what a teaching is.

Liberation is not somthing one gets through a teaching smart guy. Lol 

You have never read a non dual boom or been taught inquiry and ethics by a teacher, yet you claim that non of the teachings can liberate a person

Accumulation of abstractions only perpetuates duality. This is a fact. Only you don’t see that. This is because you don’t get it. 

That position is beyond arrogant because you fail at the first hurdle by denying that a proper teaching methodology has awoken thousands of individuals to their true nature for thousands of years. And continue to do so.  

I quetion that very much. Teachings, methodology will never bring about an end to the self (psychological entity) 

You will never see your true nature through all the ideas and traditional conceptualizations. This is a fact. 

Edited by Faceless