B_Naz

Non-duality and pleasure

110 posts in this topic

As I'm working on  the non-duality route, I find myself with emotions and certain thoughts that create pleasure. Non-duality should not be an escape for the psychological mind to create security and pleasure, but I can't help myself be at peace everyday as I go deeper into this thinking.

Difference between being at peace and pleasure? Isn't being at peace also pleasurable?

Any tips to stop being attached to non-duality? 

You're not human, you're the universe

1 minute ago, B_Naz said:

As I'm working on  the non-duality route, I find myself with emotions and certain thoughts that create pleasure. Non-duality should not be an escape for the psychological mind to create security and pleasure, but I can't help myself be at peace everyday as I go deeper into this thinking.

Difference between being at peace and pleasure? Isn't being at peace also pleasurable?

I don't Know if I can be happy/at peace without being comfortable. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

7 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I don't Know if I can be happy/at peace without being comfortable. 

So, it's perhaps me being comfortable is leading to this dilemma, I just hope I don't become attached to this and feel like I need to attach to this belief

5 hours ago, B_Naz said:

As I'm working on  the non-duality route, I find myself with emotions and certain thoughts that create pleasure. Non-duality should not be an escape for the psychological mind to create security and pleasure, but I can't help myself be at @B_Naz everyday as I go deeper into this thinking.

@B_Naz  All these are states including non-duality. Transcend all states into what could be called the no state-state.

@cetus56 @Etagnwo

So this peace/comfortable is still a state, and being non-dual is still a state, meaning the goal is to not be in any of these states. At the same time, not having a goal either... I understand this can't be verbally communicated.

So letting your mind be free is being in no-state. That's something I didn't think of.

So what should I do with my current situation, how do I accept this comfort and peace? I want to be careful when these pleasing emotions/states occur because If I accept them and let them be which is what I do with all things, I could be attached/addicted to them

I feel like if I accept them, I can't get out of them.

6 hours ago, B_Naz said:

As I'm working on  the non-duality rout

From the beginning do you see the duality? The implication of psychological time. 

6 hours ago, B_Naz said:

find myself with emotions and certain thoughts that create pleasure.

The self/thought is the above. Emotion, thoughts, pleasure. One unitary movement. 

6 hours ago, B_Naz said:

Non-duality should not be an escape for the psychological mind to create security and pleasure

The moment you move dualistically as above, 

it becomes an escape psychologically seeking pleasure to find security. 

6 hours ago, B_Naz said:

but I can't help myself be at peace everyday as I go deeper into this thinking.

May it be the movement form the beginning is dualistic? 

6 hours ago, B_Naz said:

Difference between being at peace and pleasure?

Pleasure is a movement to re-experience an experience. A movement of thought...A movement towards psychological time. The entity depending on thought to bring about psychological security. But that thought creates that insecurity in the first place. 

This ‘being and peace’ doesn’t seek at all. There is no movement to become secure.

When the entity/self ceases to seek through knowledge, experience, memory, (THOUGHT), that implies that the division/duality ceases to move as well.

Edited by Faceless

@B_Naz The no state-state is true emptiness. Within that no state-state of pure emptiness you will see all these "states" just floating there in that emptiness. You can choose to use any one of them if you decide they could useful to you or enjoyable/pleasurable, ect. But still they are just states.

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

So what should I do with my current situation, how do I accept this comfort and peace? I want to be careful when these pleasing emotions/states occur because If I accept them and let them be which is what I do with all things, I could be attached/addicted to them

I feel like if I accept them, I can't get out of them.

Let what comes come and let what goes go, all else is insanity. Another words, don't "reject or grasp" a pleasurable or painful experience. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Let what comes come and let what goes go,

Is this a movement of psychological becoming???

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Is this a movement of psychological becoming???

No

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

No

It would depend on whether there was intention, in which one was going to “Let what comes come and let what goes go” right?

4 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

The goal

Dead in the water from the beginning. 

6 hours ago, B_Naz said:

My goal is to live in the present moment and be open to the immense beauty that this universe has. Nobody feels guilty for looking at a beautiful sunset. Why should someone feel guilty for having a beautiful moment with a beautiful women? Its not about giving up beautiful moments; it is about our attachment to those moments. 

I dont understand this whole "I have to avoid pleasure" attitude in spiritual communities. The Buddha addressed this to his former colleges/renunciates. 

Live in the moment, experience beauty as it comes in its many forms and stay unattached.

Edited by Matt8800

2 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

If you don't start the path tho, you will anyway remin stuck.

Thats just a fact. 

Not understanding oneself leads to being, and remaining stuck. 

All this goes much deeper than conforming to a path. 

@B_Naz

Can you identify when pleasure, desire, (psychological time) is being pursued? 

Can you observe when all the subtle forms of fear are in movement. Even the deep rooted disguised movement??

start with being able to see all that. Even watch for the motive in which you are attempting to do all of this. 

This is a great way to learn. To observe all of that implies one is moving dualistically. 

4 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

you're an expert in non dual traditions having admitted spending 0 hours trying to understand them 

Its funny how you keep defending your precious traditions

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

2 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

But of course, you're an expert in non dual traditions having admitted spending 0 hours trying to understand them 

Hehe

One must cease to conform to abstract ideas, theory’s, philosophy’s, and learn about the actuality of oneself. Second hand knowledge is futile. 

To get caught up in merely understanding nondual abstractions implies duality itself. One must see much deeper than that. 

@B_Naz Here is an exercise. For 20 minutes stay in the emptiness and from the emptiness identify all the states you see happening. 

36 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

You will still be a human being with a human mind, but you will no longer believe that this human being is your real identity.

The goal is to be free to act (your body mind is acting anyway) without you getting in your own way. 

I like this a lot. It's one of the insights I've recieved when meditating but I never accounted for the psychological "states" that occure, only the momentarily emotions.

45 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

Let what comes come and let what goes go, all else is insanity. Another words, don't "reject or grasp" a pleasurable or painful experience. 

Yeah, I'm going I accept it. There is no use in rejecting but I feel like I will be addicted to the state :( 

49 minutes ago, Faceless said:

The moment you move dualistically as above, 

it becomes an escape psychologically seeking pleasure to find security. 

So that's where my problem is coming from, I feel like I am receiving pleasure from the  work to understand duality. I do get pleasures and security from it when I don't seek or want it . I observe it of course, and see how I'm receiving pleasure from being at peace. But then Is this peace false? 

10 minutes ago, Faceless said:

. To get caught up in merely understanding nondual abstractions implies duality itself. One must see much deeper than that. 

I'm not really trying to understand or get caught up with this work, It's more about that I am receiving this pleasure from being "peace". What do I do with this?

7 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@B_Naz Here is an exercise. For 20 minutes stay in the emptiness and from the emptiness identify all the states you see happening. 

Thank you, I will have to give this a go, this is something needs exploring

Edited by B_Naz