Mintberrycrunch

If I focus, I can make my body tingle

9 posts in this topic

It's 3 am and Instead of going to sleep I felt the need to express this situation while it's still clear in my head. For as long as I can remember i've been able to induce intense energy surges within my body, while listening to music as an example and focusing on my favorite parts of it. It's basically the chills you get from fear or being cold. This time was different though. I was in the process of something called wake induced lucid dreaming, which is a type of lucid dreaming where you let your body go to sleep while your mind remains awake (pretty lose description) and at a point i decided to try and watch my body to sort of hurry the process along. I watched my body and tried to imagine my central nervous system being lit up by light. I did this for a long time and each time I did, what felt like a surge of energy filled my body and sort of moved from my head to my feet. It became more intense the more focused I, but i was not able to "hold" the sensation for more than a couple of seconds. The only reason I stopped was because it sort of faded and honestly required so much focus that it was, i guess, too difficult. The experience is always euphoric btw. I've heard others describe it as overwhelming. I'm curious about what it could be? If anyone else can do this? How it ties in to spirituality especially and if there is a scientific explanation as well? 

I can do that voluntarily ever since I did some loose third eye meditation for a while a few months back, the meditation basically makes visualize light penetrating your body and you get the sensations you described. I think it goes by many names in different disciplines like Qi energy in qi gong, there is also yoga but I'm not sure what it's called there, I've also moticed the same sensations but amplified x10 times in holotropic breathing and sometimes when I wake from some weird dream and my body is all buzzing with the energy

1 minute ago, Pernani said:

I can do that voluntarily ever since I did some loose third eye meditation for a while a few months back, the meditation basically makes visualize light penetrating your body and you get the sensations you described. I think it goes by many names in different disciplines like Qi energy in qi gong, there is also yoga but I'm not sure what it's called there, I've also moticed the same sensations but amplified x10 times in holotropic breathing and sometimes when I wake from some weird dream and my body is all buzzing with the energy

That's incredible. Going to look into that type of meditation and qi energy. Thank you.

Just now, Mintberrycrunch said:

That's incredible. Going to look into that type of meditation and qi energy. Thank you.

Well that meditation didn't come without side effects, I suggest you don't mess with it like I did, I would see all kinds of weirds lights during the day and in the dark and you're kind of in a lucid state most of the time, I've also heard people can get all kinds of freaky unhealthy experiences if they mess around with it for too long!

if you wanna use that energy in a balanced and healthy way check out kriya yoga (leo has a video on it) since I think that's where that third eye meditation was derived from

I ave this same sensation during the day. I dont know how this energy is called at day. At night it is called sleep paralysis.

I can do this also at will. When you make these vibrations stronger at night you can leave your body and go into the astral world. These vibrations are a sign for it that you can stand up and do an obe. Worth to explore

@OBEler I don't think what I experienced has anything to do with sleep paralysis. Iv'e experienced that, which didn't fill me with energy in any sort of way. Maybe i'm misunderstanding your comment tho.

You can make your body disappear if you really wanted too :) Tingling is the initial step, the most basic one to the non-physical phenomena.

B R E A T H E

Just now, pluto said:

You can make your body disappear if you really wanted too :) Tingling is the initial step, the most basic one to the non-physical phenomena.

When I'm deep in meditation and i open my eyes when I look at my body I can see it disappearing limb by limb and then coming back, it definitely feels like eyes defocus but idk