Nick5050

Shamanic breathing experiences and thoughts

6 posts in this topic

Hi, my name is Nick i'm 23 years old and i live in Belgium (Europe).

I try to keep my story short because i mainly want to have some feedback and thoughts on the Shamanic breathing technique.

I watch Leo's video's for a few years now. And i tried to meditate but i never could set the habit. I have created a lot of bad habits and addictions in this period. Basicly my life was/is going nowhere and time is passing by very quickly. Because of this i often get thoughts which leads to feeling bad (negative emotions). So it's like a cycle that a lot of people are familair with: Feeling bad/ having nothing to do> hiding it with bad habits (gaming, alcohol, weed) > problem not solved > feeling bad again > ...

But then Leo has uploaded the Shamanic breathing technique. I was very curious so i tried it out. My first experience was amazing. I felt an altered state of mind. I could think very clearly in that moment. And by doing that my negative emotions/thoughts disapeared by just thinking about it. So i have done it a few more times and each time i felt myself feel different and become more aware of what is happening in reality. In total i have done the breathing technique like 6 times (30minutes).
Fun thing happened the last time i've done it. I did the breathing for 30 minutes and then went out to a bar with a friend. I was feeling very calm and like a 'not giving a f state'. So to keep this short. I asked a (very beautifull) girl for her number and she gave it to me. We end up meeting eachother for 4 days in a row now. Keep in mind that i was +2 years single before this night and never would do something crazy (like asking a number/ looking very deep in the eyes while talking).

The negative part is i still keep doing my bad habits even after the breathing. I don't know maybe it will fix itself after i have done more breathing sessions. Because these habits are very deep rooted.

So my question is: Can u keep doing the Shamanic breathing technique instead of meditating? And are there any negative side effect of doing this breathing technique for multiple times? I ask this question because i start to feel like i'm living in a dream. In other words can i go insane by doing this? And also share ur own breathing experience in the comments. I'm very curious to hear about how other people feel.

@Nick5050 Shamanic breathing is not a substitute for meditation.

Also, don't expect shamanic breathing to fix all your bad habits for you. It can help you release some of the low consciousness motives driven them, but you'll have to consciously and proactively put an end to them.

Try starting a Kriya yoga practice. It should be better than meditation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thank you for your reply Leo. I've never heard of Kriya but i will definitely check it out. In fact i will try it tonight.   @Leo Gura

Hi Nick.

Thank you for opening this great topic.

I totally understand you because somehow I was in your situation... having a lot of bad habits.

Habits like playing games, smoking weed, drinking alcohol, eating sugars, eating junk food and being lazy. My life was a mess and I lost a huge chunck of my precious time.

I also had a lot of negative thoughts and I couldn't stop them. But guess what? I've installed a daily meditation habit into my life. I meditate every single day for 30 minutes. This is helping me a lot. I have fewer thoughts and the negative ones went away. In the first month you will suck at meditation. But with practice you will get better and you'll have amazing results.

Meditation will make you more aware of the fact that you have negative thoughts. And you'll realize that it's not worth it to take those negative thoughts seriously. Over 2-3 months you'll feel better. You'll drop your bad habits, believe me.

Just give it a try. Make a commitment. Your life will change.

P.S: watch this episode made by @Leo Gura to develop your concentration.

Good luck!

Edited by The Don

Me on the road less traveled.

Hi Don, i know that meditation is the one thing that i should be doing. And thank you for the video. Lack of concentration might be a big reason why i'm not meditating. I'm also going to check out Kriya. U should also try the Shamanic breathing. It's amazing how it can change ur state of being after 10-15 minutes. First time it might be scary so take it slow. If u feel ur breathing to fast then it's okay to slow down. Cheers

@Nick5050 thank you for your advice.

I've watched Leo's video about Shamanic Breathing Technique. It's a very interesting one.

I've tried it but it's very difficult for me to keep up.

It feels so difficult to do the breathing. :(

Me on the road less traveled.