egoless

Consciousness has nothing to do with spirituality

182 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@egoless I hope you've seen that one too.  BTW- I watched your video and compared that against Mooji's message to see where the truth lies for myself.

What do you think? 

"Consciousness has nothing to do with spirituality" --> 103 replies. 

Jesus christ... 

Well? Are we going to bag our bags now? Was it all for nothing?

2 minutes ago, molosku said:

"Consciousness has nothing to do with spirituality" --> 103 replies. 

Jesus christ... 

Well? Are we going to bag our bags now? Was it all for nothing?

Yours was 104 are you conscious of that? ;) 

@egoless This is the first that I've heard that people clear their mind for the specific purpose of being susceptible to demonic influence.

@egoless What do I think? There is some good and some bad in everything most humans manage to get their hands on. But when someone is pure at heart it is unmistakable. The thing is to know the difference.

2 hours ago, cetus56 said:

@egoless There is some good and some bad in everything most humans manage to get their hands on. But when someone is pure at heart it is unmistakable. The thing is to know the difference.

Case in point IMO would be someone like Sadhguru for instance. Yeah he tells good stories and is always smiling and chuckling like he found something special that you could have too. But at the same time he's raking in millions of dollars from followers pitching enlightenment and building temples. I wonder if his dedicated followers are really chuckling as hard as he is. 

Than on the other hand there the religious leader that tells his followers that Jesus himself spoke to him and told him he needs a new 52 million dollar x-7 private jet plane so he can spread the word of the lord faster. Than asks his followers to make contributions to fund it and in return they will in good graces with the lord. And I'm thinking "What-you can't use internet to spread your message across the world in one second? Of course not. You need to be there in person so you can charge ppl for those entrance fees to an auditorium first". 

22 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Case in point IMO would be someone like Sadhguru for instance. Yeah he tells good stories and is always smiling and chuckling like he found something special that you could have too. But at the same time he's raking in millions of dollars from followers pitching enlightenment and building temples. I wonder if his dedicated followers are really chuckling as hard as he is. 

Than on the other hand there the religious leader that tells his followers that Jesus himself spoke to him and told him he needs a new 52 million dollar x-7 private jet plane so he can spread the word of the lord faster. Than asks his followers to make contributions to fund it and in return they will in good graces with the lord.

And there was Jesus - the incarnation of the infinite God himself who came into our being, was cruciyfied for our sins to save us from ourselves! And yet so many people deny him... So many people deny the God!

Edited by egoless

@egoless When did you learn about Christianity? Did you know anything about it before your experience?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@egoless Direct experience is your best friend. If you directly verified everything you said in OP, you would see how deceptive our mind can be. 

17 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@egoless Direct experience is your best friend. If you directly verified everything you said in OP, you would see how deceptive our mind can be. 

Sneakiest thing not in the universe.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

29 minutes ago, egoless said:

And there was Jesus - the incarnation of the infinite God himself who came into our being, was cruciyfied for our sins to save us from ourselves! And yet so many people deny him... So many people deny the God!

@egoless Just for the record, I don't deny anything. There have been many enlightened beings in history that point to the same truth.

33 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Than on the other hand there the religious leader that tells his followers that Jesus himself spoke to him and told him he needs a new 52 million dollar x-7 private jet plane so he can spread the word of the lord faster. Than asks his followers to make contributions to fund it and in return they will in good graces with the lord.

The neo-advaita guys are charging upwards of $5000 per head for a 7-day retreat, and then telling folks things such as "all spiritual practice eventually arrives at you need do nothing, so why not start there?"  Or "making a practice out of spirituality is disrespectful to what we are..."  I was absolutely astounded by that man, couldn't fucking believe it.  That being said the neo-advaita guys do share some very amazing pointers, but their approach to the actual application of it is just a hard pill to swallow, especially because most of these guys have spent a decade or multiple decades practicing a spiritual discipline.  So why on earth, if the message is so simple, and no requirements are necessary, no practices are required, why charge such a crazy sum of money for a retreat?  Simply because they can, because spirituality can be a lucrative business, it's not that spiritual services or teachings can't have monetary value, it's just awfully suspicious when an upper class, rich artist, who could have pretty much anything material, wants to spread 'the' message at a whopping $5000 a seat.  

And they quote Maharshi constantly, and really misrepresent his message, which from what I read, was why Maharshi didn't recommend his followers teach because their compassion would dilute the message.  Maharshi said a majority of his teaching could taught in total silence.

That being said, I think it's fine to pay for spiritual services, books, retreats, etc, but I think it requires a bit of common sense, else you get these strange situations with luxury retreats and private jets, or things like Matt Kahn charging hundreds of dollars for 'starseed' activations and Angel academy courses.  

Grace

@MiracleMan It's amazing how some spiritual leaders can exploit hefty amounts of cash out of ppl's wallets through promises of something better.

Matt Kahn Artist your saying? xD  I notice how he lulls ppl in and almost hypnotises them with his soft voice and long pauses of silence. Little things like that I'm just not buying. Maybe it's just my sceptical mind. What I'm saying is I recognise true stillness/silence when I see it and that seems a bit put on.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@egoless Just for the record, I don't deny anything. There have been many enlightened beings in history that point to the same truth.

Study the Truth about the life of Jesus both from reliable historians and the Holy Bible and you will clearly see that he is the God. You are missled by the false image of Jesus you have in your head which is spread through the nondual communities. Many of them love telling false stories about how Jesus was just an Enlightened master to fit their ideology and agenda cause they clearly can’t deny the fact that Jesus was crucified for our sins...

Edited by egoless

2 minutes ago, egoless said:

Study the Truth about the life of Jesus both from reliable historians and the Holy Bible and you will clearly see that he is the God. You are missled by the false image of Jesus you have in your head which is spread through the nondual communities. They love telling false stories about how Jesus was just an Enlightened master to fit their ideology and agenda cause they clearly can’t deny the fact that Jesus was crucified for our sins...

Have you always been religious, or is this new?  I went through a religious stage myself that lasted a couple of years.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Watch out for that collective and especially that personal authority. It will run you ragged. 

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Have you always been religious, or is this new?

There is big difference between being religious and following the Truth of Jesus directly.

4 minutes ago, egoless said:

There is big difference between being religious and following the Truth of Jesus directly.

Actually there is not a difference at all. 

This is why we need to understand ourselves. 

Edited by Faceless

Im not religious I just follow Jesus is like saying im not a soldier im just in the army. Religion is not a shameful word, its okay to call yourself religious.

Dont look at me! Look inside!