Ether

Have you actually improved your life because of a Leo's video(s)

25 posts in this topic

Not neceserally him but other teachers, sure.

Do you guys just watch for entertainment and just fuck around instead of putting in work?

psshhh.. no its all about his incredible shine and that mustache for me.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

I also came from Jordan Peterson and then found actualized what resonates alot more with me. With Leo's Videos and his booklist I have all the information that I will ever need for the rest of my life.

In the next months I will establish the practices. Kriya, Jnana and Bhakti Yoga, consequent meditation, Shadow Work, "The Work" by Byron Katie and pursuing my life purpose. Also my eating habits improved. I'm on a vegetarian and more healthy diet what just came naturally.

In Septermber I will participate in a 10 day Vipassana retreat and after that I will fly to India to become more secure in the practices and perhaps have a first meeting with an enlightened guru (although I know that I am my own guru).

Edited by Mirror of Confusion

What's the difference between a duck?

It's actually a great topic and I would like people to be serious repling here, cause it's really important.

To a certain point, specifically last year summer I knew very little about Leo's work. I watched his videos about improving your lifestyle, how to change certain behaviour and thinking in various aspects of life. I just took wisdom from him and he helped me to shift my thinking in relationships, in social circumstances in general and also he helped me to get focus on things that mattered to me.

This last thing - what matters to me was very natural, I think I was really childishly clear and true about what I love in life and it was just making music. I wanted to be an artist.

Last summer when I started watching his episodes about Enlightenment, when I was watching how certain he is when he was talking about "No brains" and that meditation is the most important thing for every human being my life started to change. In that moment in my life he was actually important for me, I was really glad I found him and I was really thinking about him like my mentor, but after finding those episodes I started thinking nihilistic. I started to look at world and I saw no point in doing anything. Everyone who is looking on life through the lense where there is no point for anything is for me miserable, cause I was that (and probably it's really not the end for me right now).

You might say that I'm not mature enough to understand that, but sometimes I wish I want my life to be minimalistic, simple again. Where I don't find a solution, where I don't need my understanding, I don't need anyone to tell me TRUTH. I want life where I don't question everything, where I don't watch Leo who is trying to make me understand what Meaning and Purpose is. I don't need this, cause I naturally, intuitivly know what is good for me - this was simply making art, making music and connecting with other human beings through it.

Leo choose his path in life, I think it is really hard path and teaching others to follow same route is dangerous. For me it was and I think for others also it is not easy. Combination of his charisma, his certainty and his knowledge makes you think that Actualized.org is deep and worth every second spend here.

And maybe it is. I still think that Leo is really great, genuine person. That he really wants to help others and I will never loose hope that he will change this world for the better. I think also that he helped me before I knew about enlightenment. I just don't want to listen about enlightenment and everything what is associated with it, cause it is totally ruining everything what is connected to my deepest passion in life.

I would say so. It has given me the opportunity to see things from a different perspective and effective tools to use.

@Dominik Drums Then, its not a matter of listening to Leo or not, its a matter of having a clear mind, if you have no thoughts, you cant be affected by what Leo say or anybody. We arent definied or hurt by circumstances, just thoughts.

Yes just by listening itself. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Ether Thank you for reply.

I have sometimes bad luck to express what I really mean. The point is that I am really glad that I found Leo and I really appreciate his work. As you said, it has a lot to with me and no doubt - I have to work on me. 

I would really like to know what you suggest to have clear mind. Im trying to meditate with mixed results (I break the chain of meditation constantly) and I am going to 10 days Vipasanna next month.

5 minutes ago, Dominik Drums said:

@Ether Thank you for reply.

I have sometimes bad luck to express what I really mean. The point is that I am really glad that I found Leo and I really appreciate his work. As you said, it has a lot to with me and no doubt - I have to work on me. 

I would really like to know what you suggest to have clear mind. Im trying to meditate with mixed results (I break the chain of meditation constantly) and I am going to 10 days Vipasanna next month.

No matter for how long you meditate, it will probably wont give you the results you want unless you do this...You put 100% focus and hardwork in it.

My plan for success: Right Action, Focus, Hard Work and Consistency.

You need all 4

1 hour ago, Dominik Drums said:

It's actually a great topic and I would like people to be serious repling here, cause it's really important.

I was being facetious. 

if you're not putting in the work, then what the fuck is anyone here doing? lol 

To me thats obvious, and all I see this thread turning into is a giant circle jerk.

Memento Mori

@Truth Normally I won't reply to such words. I have simple rule in life - if person I talk to use words like yours I try not to continue conversation. 

Generally speaking, on this forum we should be dealing with people that are grounded, highly conscious and that means for me compassion and love to other human beings. Language is a channel which can prove that human is developed, cause I have many filters that would not let me write anything like that. But that is just offtopic, maybe you will get something from this post @Truth

It helped me to set my daily habits and is still helping with behavioral changes, especially after a vid related to that. I started to keep a specific track of the weekly behavioral shifts.

But mostly it helped me to set my medications in order. For a short while I used meditation app thwn it allowed me to set my habit to do my meditations the way I always wanted to do: engaging with kundalini energy, before I was so weak to handle that but step by step I started to collect enough power to handle them. But this is not because of listening his videos tho; I think because he is also doing the work himself diligently and he is open about ups and downs, he doesn't try to seem perfect so it sets an encouraging example I think.. At least it works like that for me...

And also, @Ether what's wrong if people are just fucking around? Is trying to be way to strict about these practices, a really helpful thing in the long run? If you are gonna run a double marathon, you better to be gentle with yourself in your trainings. It sounds like you're bringing ambition to it, what are we gonna trying to prove here? If someone really gonna fuck around I hope they do so at least throughout self-actualizing.

@Truth And that mustache really helps too. Whatever makes you committed to the work anyways.. Of course the major motivation will gonna rise up from the reptile brain. 

Edited by Sevi

@Sevi If you dont want to attain the highest peak of freedom, thats on you, I want to.

4 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

You're already free 

In a sense, yes. In another, not really.

4 minutes ago, Sevi said:

@Ether See you up there darling, I'll be waiting for you.

Isnt it the other way around? ;)

In what way do you feel bound? 

In a way, if i had no numbness\suffering\thoughts, I would be free and I have the potential to be free, in another, I dont feel free, so, Im not free.

Why do you think freedom is about the absence of thought?

The stilling of the mind is a stage along the way to understanding. 

Don't make the goal "no thought". Male your goal to understand what you are. 

If I had no thoughts, I would prolly understand who I was. Plus, I want to have no thoughts,.

Yes I meditate, I'm a lot happier, I know cool stuff and also have learned useful things about success and got some of it. Without meditation or info about these things I'd probably be ded no joke

he changed my life

Leo is like a precious gem in the ocean of youtube's rubbish