dvdas

How do you deal with people that are not into Self Actualization

8 posts in this topic

Okey.. lets start with the fact that i am commited to this path, i found it interested form the beggining. im still in a very low point of course, but, sure my life has changed a lot since i embarked on board. But a question that i still have difficulty to answer is how to deal with people, close to you (or not), which can't open their minds to such possilities.

At first i was getting mad, but soon i realized that if i get mad i haven't any difference from them except the beliefs, nowadays as i try to raise my consciousness i start to feel compassion for their suffering. But even if you dont get mad, even i you are compassionate. how do you deal with people which you have repeatedly told them about the possiblity of self actualization, they look at you like an alien, and they tell you about their "problems" again and again. should i tell him/her how he/she could approach this problem better? but get mad about me bacause i cant understant? or should i just agree with them and give them a shitty surface solution or not give any suggestions at all (oh yea i undesrtand, thats sucks). 

im sure all of us who have taken this path and have a glimpse of the possibilities of it, have faced this kind of issues. im just asking opinions of what is a helpfull approach that is best both for you and them.

sorry for my english O.o

@dvdas I used to have this issue, and tried to help everyone i came across. This ultimately led to great frustration as i realized that not everyone is interested. In the end it is up to everyone to take those first steps by their own will. Not every seed that falls from the tree will grow. 

This is a narrow path that takes a lot of dedication and your full willpower, and can’t be passed on easily. Remember that you look at the world from your level of development. You can lead by example and help as much as you can and give a tip here and there. But do not feel bad. Keep doing the work and those that need you will come along. 

Edited by furashido
clarification

Firstly, I try avoid teaching people, I only give my opinions. I can't teach people because I don't actually know shit. I think it would take me more than 20 years to actually teach somebody these topics. That's just my view, don't teach unless you actually know your shit.

Also, when we talk about self-actualisation, we can go into really deep and existential topics that can cause further damage to someone. So be sensitive to their feelings/mindset. It can be extremely scary and that's why I avoid it. Only show the way

This leads to "don't teach people but show the way". The best teacher is yourself so show and introduce these topics, don't enforce it onto them

Now i'm not accusing you of being stupid or anything, but it's important to recongise your limits so you can go beyond them. Just don't teach people anything, as it can be understood in the wrong way.

But if somebody is actually asking for help from you, show the way, don't teach them it.

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

stab em in the neck

let me know if this works out. usually they stop talking 

Edited by thehero

You have to have charisma, or deep belief that resonates through your words in order to convince people. Now this takes time to develop and all, but it can help. Focus on yourself is possible.

It really is a tricky thing to deal with other people. They push all kinds of buttons like uncertainty, as if they're certain about things. I have went further myself and learned how to better deal with people through understanding my own mind mostly

Hi @dvdas. I agree with @furashido that you can't really help or 'deal' with any person that aren't interested in self actualization. Every person is in a different level of development. Some people may be interested, while others aren't interested yet. What we can do is be available when they do need help and ask us to help them.

I try to refrain myself from giving opinions or advice, even when people ask me to help them with a certain problem related to self actualization. The mistake that we can make is feel that we are better than them (which makes us prone to judge other people) even though it may seem that way. If my journey of self actualization only makes me feel higher than other people, then I don't think I've made any progress at all.

If you help them and they get mad at you for not understanding, then the responsibility lies in both sides. I try to ask questions to make sure I understand what the problem is before giving any hint of solution or action they can take. And I have to communicate in a way that speaks the same language as they do, use the same words as they do, so they understand what I mean.

Helping other people is a difficult skill to develop. But I think it's worth to develop. Keep moving forward!

Cheers!

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

wow, thats more than enough :D thanks a lot guys. you surely gave me an aha moment 

Edited by dvdas