SMI

Your Death Preference

56 posts in this topic

Well since your just gonna wake up anyway it won't matter. What happens when you die in your dreams?

You'll forget it all so any type of death becomes equal ultimately :)

B R E A T H E

I would rather be ashes than dust! 
I would rather that my spark should burn out 
    in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. 
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom 
    of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. 
The function of man is to live, not to exist. 
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. 
I shall use my time-Jack London 

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-Dylan Thomas 

On 6/24/2016 at 11:15 AM, Emerald Wilkins said:

nor will you care about what happens to your ashes.

In all the countries where spirituality has flowered, people became aware that something happens… So people have preserved things that were used by enlightened people, or just have made memorials of their bodies.

In India bodies are burned, but you will be surprised to know that the remains left after burning a body are called “flowers”. Ordinary people’s ashes are thrown into holy rivers, but enlightened people’s “flowers” are preserved in samadhis – in beautiful marble memorials. Just to go and sit there is in itself a meditation.

Perhaps Tibetans were the first to understand it: they have covered ninety-nine great masters’ bodies with gold. That used to be the most sacred place in Tibet. It is just… If you have seen the picture of Potala, the palace of the Dalai Lama, it is just underneath it. Potala is high in the mountains, and underneath there are many caves. One cave is devoted only to those ninety-nine bodies. Now it is completely closed so that the communists cannot find it – because they will not be interested in the bodies; they will be interested in the gold. They will destroy those bodies and take the gold – and it is a great quantity of gold. So before the Dalai Lama left Lhasa because of the communist invasion of the country, he sealed it in every possible way so that they cannot discover it. And they have not been able yet to discover it.

But the trouble is that the world is ruled by those who know nothing of this. For example, Delphi was a mystery school. Delphi should not be open for everybody, because they will destroy its subtle vibration. But the government is interested in tourism!

On 3/13/2016 at 1:40 PM, SMI said:

How would you like to die? I would like to die at an old age quietly in sleep

Conscious death is the door to enlightenment. If you die consciously you will be born consciously the next life, and that life will be your last one in a body on planet earth. 

There is a Tibetan method "Bardo" for the people who meditated but missed enlightenment in their life. The Bardo is a  simple method but with great significance. The Bardo is suggestions to the dying person: “Now be silent. Leave this life consciously. Rather than death taking it away from you, relax your hold; don’t be defeated by death, don’t struggle. Just drop all your attachment. This world is finished for you, and this life is finished for you. There is no point in holding on to it; in holding on to it you will be fighting with death. You cannot win, and a very significant possibility will be missed.

It is the end of a dream. That is the fundamental point in bardo, that you have lived a dream that you call life, a seventy-year-long dream. It is coming to an end. You can weep for the spilled milk and miss the opportunity – because within seconds you will be entering into another womb, into another dream.

So bardo is reminding you that what is disappearing was a dream. And it is very easy when death is coming to see your life as a dream. 

The person is just falling into deep silence and death is descending. And he is listening to these words from someone he has loved, he has trusted, from someone whom he cannot imagine would deceive him – only then is it meaningful.

Edited by Prabhaker

Before i die, I don't want to avoid death nor fear it but use it as an opportunity for gratitude, contemplating, reminiscing, and focusing on dying happy and at peace rather than deeply regretful and miserable! I want to die knowing that I lived life on my own terms, I loved, and I mattered. I want to die having achieved self-actualized and truly re-capturing authenticity, life's richness and all the amazing experiences life has offered me. I'm creating a Twenties Journal as though I'm preparing for an early death so I can make my life great while I still have the time! 

Edited by Zane

Sometimes I think we never existed. :) We're just put here to learn lessons, improve, and move onto whatever comes next. Sometimes you could tell what comes next because you had some "experience" of it.

(Btw, if you want to reduce the chances of suffering during old age & dying, doing a balanced exercise daily & eating healthly help in the long run.)

Edited by Key Elements

@John Flores

Paradoxes hold true. I find them to be the most balanced, grounded, and peaceful way of thinking. We don't live in a black and white world; we live in a gray one.

Everything is consciousness so please smoke my ashes or use them as a soil amendment when planting magical plants for any type of consumption.

hehehehe

B R E A T H E

Before death i would like to be Cryogenically Preserved so i could live forever? Yeah...wont happen, people reading this in future im probably dead. :( 

I prefer being in control, even when it comes to life an death matters.

If I'll get untreatable disease diagnosis and I'll still be able to move and work - I'll design a wonderful suicide machine which will end my life in a great explosion, evaporating my whole body to steam in a matter of milliseconds.

Before that I'll make a series of videos, talking about things I seen and learned during a human lifetime. It won't be all gloomy, I don't see anything bad in death as long as it's painless and no crucial info being lost after you gone.

And there'll be plenty of music, no way I'm going without it. :D

I came into this world world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood, It seems only fitting I go out the same way.

I was thinking Carmen Electra would wheel me around the estate grounds in my chair one last time before her and I and 40 college girls and a drum of Mazola get all tangled up in a room too small for us all, & somewhere along the way my heart just blows out of my chest.

getting suffocated by a vagina while performing the 69 position with a 10/10 bitch

As quickly as possible. Preferably while sleeping. Although, if I was laying on my death bed and knew that I'm going to die soon, I would ask my family to give me LSD or 5-Meo ;)

Edited by Wind

On 1/1/2017 at 8:52 PM, NEYi said:

I prefer being in control, even when it comes to life an death matters.

If I'll get untreatable disease diagnosis and I'll still be able to move and work - I'll design a wonderful suicide machine which will end my life in a great explosion, evaporating my whole body to steam in a matter of milliseconds.

Before that I'll make a series of videos, talking about things I seen and learned during a human lifetime. It won't be all gloomy, I don't see anything bad in death as long as it's painless and no crucial info being lost after you gone.

And there'll be plenty of music, no way I'm going without it. :D

If I'm about to die, I will ask you to construct such machine for me too ;) Maybe it could become a new hit - "epic body vaporizing machine"