okulele

I just want to sit

13 posts in this topic

I just want to sit with my eyes closed. All I want to do is stay in my being and explore my energies. I can sit for hours, hypnotized by my insides.

I am not really interested in much else. I don't have a desire for relationships, entertainment, knowledge or anything too much. Not like it's not pleasent, but it doesn't compare to what is inside.

Am I fooling myself? Am I running from life? Can meditation turn into an addiction of sorts?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

The inside is the outside. The form is the formless. There is no separation, only love :) 

In my own experience it dosent matter what you do in life, but how you respond to whatever arises in life. If a girl comes your way tommorrow and you become sexually attracted to her, how will you respond? Will you say, “I’m sorry I don’t want to go out with you, cause I just want to sit and be, and a relationship is a illusion anyway, just a distraction”. But you assume that you can’t find the happiness in that experience as in the experience of sitting, not knowing that love is everything, when you go deep enough into any form all you find is your true nature; love ❤️And when you go deep into your heart, you just see love in everything that arises be it a thought or an emtoion. Sitting and entertainment are seen as equal experiences.

If you hold the experience of sitting above all over experiences you can never embody the totality of your higher self, all experiences must be equal. That’s why I love whatever arises, or in other words meet whatever arises with my heart; to purify my mind of any experience being greater or worse. 

God is unconditional in his love. Even in the depths of hell; fear; agony he would love. That’s what life is for, that’s what exiting your room is for; to train in becoming unconditionally loving.

Although there is a time and place to sit, and maybe even for a few weeks at a time; I encourage you to go and try things doing new things that excite you and which you are a little scared of doing. That excitement is your heart telling you what it prefers to truly do. It’s also how you can evolve very quickly.

But as I’ve said, even if you aren’t doing anything exciting, even if you are in a terrible experience, it dosen’t stop your ability to love.

Loving your heart which is a hologram for all of existence is the most essential spiritual practice in any situation. Love is the answer you are looking for here to the one who wants to just sit :) 

I howl this perspective uplifts and inspires you. I have this too where I just want to sit, and I will do so; but only because it truly excites me, and with the knowledge that whatever I do, it dosent matter, but how much I love my heart, and whatever arises in perception through heart-centered awareness of form :)  

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Solace Thank you for sharing this. I feel like I am following my greatest excitement by just sitting right now. I can dive much deeper and then bring that depth into the world.

But as you say, the inside is the outside. I must strive to stop making the distinction between sitting and acting in the world.

Thank you again!

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@okulele So glad I could help you, as I always will be.

I really resonate with what you’re saying, and I feel that similar calling to sit and go to the greatest depths of my heart ❤️ 

I wish you the best, it’s really beautiful to explore ourselves like this.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Solace said:

The inside is the outside. The form is the formless. There is no separation, only love :) 

LOL

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

@Mikael89  Nothing deep really, the last sentence made me laugh hard. 'There is no separation only love'. It's such a hippy thing to say. But what is funny (to me) is that that sentence had nothing in relation with what the topic starter had said. It's just thrown in, out of context.  It is just meaningless bunch of words which we pretend HAS meaning.

There is no need to take every trivial remark with seriousness. :) 

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

7 hours ago, okulele said:

I just want to sit with my eyes closed. All I want to do is stay in my being and explore my energies. I can sit for hours, hypnotized by my insides.

I am not really interested in much else. I don't have a desire for relationships, entertainment, knowledge or anything too much. Not like it's not pleasent, but it doesn't compare to what is inside.

Am I fooling myself? Am I running from life? Can meditation turn into an addiction of sorts?

Being addicted to what is within is a safe addiction,  because you will have access to it your whole life.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 hour ago, Ibn Sina said:

@Mikael89  Nothing deep really, the last sentence made me laugh hard. 'There is no separation only love'. It's such a hippy thing to say. But what is funny (to me) is that that sentence had nothing in relation with what the topic starter had said. It's just thrown in, out of context.  It is just meaningless bunch of words which we pretend HAS meaning.

There is no need to take every trivial remark with seriousness. :) 

If you don't see the connection, doesn't mean it's not there.

The separation comment is pretty obviously related to what is being discussed: aka focusing on the inner world rather than the outer (inner outer separation) .

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

If you don't see the connection, doesn't mean it's not there.

The separation comment is pretty obviously related to what is being discussed: aka focusing on the inner world rather than the outer (inner outer separation) .

If you say that there is a connection, doesn't necessarily mean that it is there. ( may be you should try to prove how there is a connection between them, instead of just making assertions without evidences to back them up). I do agree with 'there is no seperation between inner and outer', but why to add there is only love? 

You say that ' there is no separation between inner and outer' is related to 'focus on the inner'? What?! How is the fact that ' there is no separation between inner and outer' has anything to do with the idea that we should focus on the inner? Why not say - you should focus on the inner? instead of saying ' there is no separation between inner and outer' to express the idea that ' you should focus on the inner'? And what do you mean by 'related'? How is there a relation between saying ' there is no seperation between inner and outer' and 'you should focus on the inner'? The first one is a statement about the character of the inner and outer world the second one is a command. They are of completely different categories.  They are not related as you claim to be, and certainly not 'obviously' unless you are deluding yourself. Just look at those 2 sentence. Take a second look. Those 2 sentences convey entirely different messages, and hold entirely different purposes. Do those 2 sentence look related? Tell me exactly how they are related. 

Another thing- the topic starter starts his sentence with "I just want to sit with my eyes closed. All I want to do is stay in my being and explore my energies. I can sit for hours, hypnotized by my insides." clearly he is already quite focused on the inner already. Now who in the right mind would want to suggest him (as you are suggesting) that you should focus on the inner ( using the sentence- there is no seperation between the inner and the outer). The topic starter is already quite deeply in the inner, why to tell him further that  he should focus  in the inner? Yes it is absurd, and it is absurd because it is false. ' There is no seperation between inner and outer' has nothing to do with ' you should focus in the inner'. 

Love is an emotion, but the inner and outer are components of reality. Denying the separation between the inner and outer is okay, but negating their existence and only affirming the existence of  love in their stead is  completely absurd, because love is an aspect of this inner-outer dichotomy.  And yes, as I said , his- 'there is  only love'  is completely unrelated with what the topic starter had said. The topic starter was  talking about whether he is going too deep? whether he is running from life itself? Wherease he talks about 'love' out of ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE. Okay yes so love has something to do with relationship, but what about knowledge? what about entertainment? but what business ? what about the millions of things that has nothing to do with the inner? Are everything that is not inner, related to love? LIKE EVERYTHING RELATED TO LOVE? No, hence it is absurd to throw in this love out of NOWHERE. The questioner asks - Am I fooling myself? Am I running from life? Can meditation turn into an addiction of sorts? and the answerer answers with-  Loving your heart which is a hologram for all of existence is the most essential spiritual practice in any situation. Love is the answer you are looking for here to the one who wants to just sit. His dogmas about love is just forcing it's way into his answers. He is not answering the questioners questions. The questioner wants to know whether he is going to deep  with the inner. The answerer is suggesting  that you should stop with the inner, and instead practice the doctrine of love. He is preaching. He is not quenching the questioner's queries.

Edited by Ibn Sina

56 minutes ago, Ibn Sina said:

If you say that there is a connection, doesn't necessarily mean that it is there. ( may be you should try to prove how there is a connection between them, instead of just making assertions without evidences to back them up). I do agree with 'there is no seperation between inner and outer', but why to add there is only love? 

You say that ' there is no separation between inner and outer' is related to 'focus on the inner'? What?! How is the fact that ' there is no separation between inner and outer' has anything to do with the idea that we should focus on the inner? Why not say - you should focus on the inner? instead of saying ' there is no separation between inner and outer' to express the idea that ' you should focus on the inner'? And what do you mean by 'related'? How is there a relation between saying ' there is no seperation between inner and outer' and 'you should focus on the inner'? The first one is a statement about the character of the inner and outer world the second one is a command. They are of completely different categories.  They are not related as you claim to be, and certainly not 'obviously' unless you are deluding yourself. Just look at those 2 sentence. Take a second look. Those 2 sentences convey entirely different messages, and hold entirely different purposes. Do those 2 sentence look related? Tell me exactly how they are related. 

Another thing- the topic starter starts his sentence with "I just want to sit with my eyes closed. All I want to do is stay in my being and explore my energies. I can sit for hours, hypnotized by my insides." clearly he is already quite focused on the inner already. Now who in the right mind would want to suggest him (as you are suggesting) that you should focus on the inner ( using the sentence- there is no seperation between the inner and the outer). The topic starter is already quite deeply in the inner, why to tell him further that  he should focus  in the inner? Yes it is absurd, and it is absurd because it is false. ' There is no seperation between inner and outer' has nothing to do with ' you should focus in the inner'. 

Love is an emotion, but the inner and outer are components of reality. Denying the separation between the inner and outer is okay, but negating their existence and only affirming the existence of  love in their stead is  completely absurd, because love is an aspect of this inner-outer dichotomy.  And yes, as I said , his- 'there is  only love'  is completely unrelated with what the topic starter had said. The topic starter was  talking about whether he is going too deep? whether he is running from life itself? Wherease he talks about 'love' out of ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE. Okay yes so love has something to do with relationship, but what about knowledge? what about entertainment? but what business ? what about the millions of things that has nothing to do with the inner? Are everything that is not inner, related to love? LIKE EVERYTHING RELATED TO LOVE? No, hence it is absurd to throw in this love out of NOWHERE. The questioner asks - Am I fooling myself? Am I running from life? Can meditation turn into an addiction of sorts? and the answerer answers with-  Loving your heart which is a hologram for all of existence is the most essential spiritual practice in any situation. Love is the answer you are looking for here to the one who wants to just sit. His dogmas about love is just forcing it's way into his answers. He is not answering the questioners questions. The questioner wants to know whether he is going to deep  with the inner. The answerer is suggesting  that you should stop with the inner, and instead practice the doctrine of love. He is preaching. He is not quenching the questioner's queries.

delusional rant

@Ibn Sina What Solace says is truth, but you are not seeing the love that he expresses for what it really is. If you did, you simply wouldn't say "its such a hippie thing to say".

Many of us think we know things based on what we've collected from our external reality, but when you directly connect within, we understand things.

Solace has evolved in front of my eyes more rapidly than anyone i have helped in a long time, mostly due to this unconditional love he has found within himself that is universal and eternal. Completely different than the love you are thinking. Not even in the same dimensional wavelength. This love can only be understood and felt from within. It is not something we hear or can know. Its an Innerstanding my friend.

You can access this too, we are all equally in oneness, it all depends on how much you really want it to see it for what it really is.

This love was one of the most powerful sources for my Enlightenment as well.

Love & Light

Bless

B R E A T H E