Arnold666

Carl Jung

4 posts in this topic

So i been reading Erich Neumann Origins and history of consciousness cause I heard it's a good way to enter Jungs work. I red a few of his works here and there in the past but now i wanna get seriously in it and i want to ask, especially Leo Gura, Do you think he was enlightened ? Seems to me that his work is about how to get enlightened but in the most geeky, scientifically way, but in the end, he comes across like a mystic. What do you guys think about it. And Leo, if you agree do you think there is some value in his work and maybe make a video about him/his works. ? 

By the way, Leo, change my life. That fucking neti neti, man. I died two years ago. I saw the tail of the ox. Now i have no way of going back into ignorance, i have to see it all, have to know what is on the end of this rabbit hole.

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

1 hour ago, Arnold666 said:

i have to see it all, have to know what is on the end of this rabbit hole.

Are you sure you wanna know?

The biggest sin of an actor is to make the audience bored!And you are the actor but you are the audience too. Enjoy the drama, it's infinite ?

I don't know much about  Jung, but I read about one of his ideas called Archtypes (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian_archetypes), and that is one hell of an idea, one of the most profound idea that I have ever read!! Leo should do a video about it!

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

@Arnold666

This is from an earlier response from another thread,and pretty much the only thing I'm familiar with about Jung. But it addresses the change you asked about.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe it was Jung who brought the idea of employing aspects of spiritual based practices, and cutting out the "spiritual" part obviously,to western psychiatry. He traveled and studied the methods of the yogi's for awhile (a couple of years??,not sure),and wrote a book based on his research called "Kundalini". Anyway it was considered revolutionary in the day. And, by happenstance of studying the eastern practices, Jung himself  became enlightened. There is a clear distinction in the change of his being in his writings,  prior to his study of eastern practices and afterward. He had an energetic (kundalini) sudden awakening,went through the dark night of the soul, and eventually , came out the other end a changed being. And he kept a journal throughout the whole process.

Edited by who chit