cetus

Star Gazing.

21 posts in this topic

Anyone here like to spends nights out under the stars? I do. I'll put a cot out and lay on that with a sleeping bag/bed roll. And I lay there silently with the infinite vastness of the universe and dissolve into it. A union of sorts. A returning of the self to the cosmos. It works as good as a psychedelic for me. 

I read one of your replies about laying down meditation and I'm considering it. I think the laying down and staring deeply at the universe is an amazing thing. It's also like you are engulfed within reality and there is no escape. You have no other option but to be joyful

Sadly, there is no stars over here in the city, damn light pollution

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

@B_Naz Light pollution sucks. Take a trip out to the country. Go camping solo or with a friend or two. Just to mention also, there are astronomy clubs  that have open to the public sky tours. They are really cool to attend. Ever see Saturn or the Andromeda Galaxy close up in a big telescope? If not put it on your list. You can travel millions of miles in one night. haha

@cetus56Going to be honest, I don't even have a list. I really need one haha.

I'll make one soon to work on the gazing, do some retreats. I think it's time :P 

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

@B_Naz Put something together. Make a retreat out of it or find a retreat to go to. When I go camping for a week that makes a really good retreat. The forest, the animals, the rising and setting of the Sun. Birth and decay.  Sometimes it's so silent in the forest you can hear a breeze coming from far away. Than it arrives and passes by you as it moves into the distance like an unseen force. 

@cetus56 At festivals out in the country i sometimes actually enjoy the afterglows just as much, star gazing on the following days has been most humbling experiences for me paired with the silence and natural sounds of the country.

B R E A T H E

when star gazing, its nice to really contemplate on the idea of space, and question how far away those stars really are, if they actually inside you rather than a million lightyears away from you. 

6 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

when star gazing, its nice to really contemplate on the idea of space, and question how far away those stars really are, if they actually inside you rather than a million lightyears away from you. 

@electroBeam  Exactly.  Am I in this vast universe or is this vast universe in me? 

29 minutes ago, pluto said:

@cetus56 At festivals out in the country i sometimes actually enjoy the afterglows just as much, star gazing on the following days has been most humbling experiences for me paired with the silence and natural sounds of the country.

@pluto That sounds great. Humbling is the word for it. Sometimes the cosmos will even throw a shooting star your way. You may be the only witness in the universe to have experienced it's short appearance. In other words, it wouldn't exist if it wasn't for you. We are the eyes of God.

Thanks @Outer , that was nice of you to say.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:51 PM, cetus56 said:

@B_Naz Light pollution sucks. Take a trip out to the country. Go camping solo or with a friend or two. Just to mention also, there are astronomy clubs  that have open to the public sky tours. They are really cool to attend. Ever see Saturn or the Andromeda Galaxy close up in a big telescope? If not put it on your list. You can travel millions of miles in one night. haha

wow, I really like to see those things(Saturn and Andromeda) in a big telescope.  

@cetus56 I think there are two egos to break free from, the personal one, and the collective one. And in order to break free of the collective ego, the ego of the whole of humanity so to speak(Maybe there's an earth-ego as well).

Anyway, astronomy is great for this purpose, to create godly space within the earth-ego and dissolve it. :) 

Btw, most, if not all children loves to gaze at the stars. But almost no adult would "waste" time with random star gazing, why do you think that is?

Why are humans so bad at nurture their inner child? Fortunately, I'm not though, I take care of my inner child. :)  

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

4 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

I think there are two egos to break free from, the personal one, and the collective one. And in order to break free of the collective ego, the ego of the whole of humanity so to speak(Maybe there's an earth-ego as well).

Break free from??

so many dualities?

I love star gazing, cloud gazing, moon gazing and Sun gazing. Those can trigger deeper experiences. 

... One time after star gazing, I went home, closed my eyes, looked up with closed eyes and saw little light dots as if I am seeing a perfect night sky. 

I was like woah! 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

5 minutes ago, Viking said:

personally I find it boring

Thats sad brah..Thinking to much will do that. 

i knew it was a good idea to buy a hammock.

i tend to forget that all of this exist (stars, galaxies...) good idea @cetus56

4 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

i knew it was a good idea to buy a hammock.

i tend to forget that all of this exist (stars, galaxies...) good idea @cetus56

Hammocks rock!!

i also like to lay on my board off the coast line and watch the stars. 

Edited by Jack River