Phrae

Let's not forget what "Kriya" "Yoga" is.

3 posts in this topic

When you're sitting there you're not doing "Kriya" "Yoga".

You're repeating a particular phrase a number of times and focusing your attention at a particular point and counting while doing all that, and perhaps controlling or not controlling your breath. You are doing mechanical things. Almost random things that get the mind occupied on a particular repeating sensation. 

You do all that not because it's a fascinating and brilliant to technique. You do it because it leads to fascination and brilliance. Perhaps that's a damaging view since the truth is utterly simple.

It seems like the more it's talked about it here the more it's gaining some prestige or mystery. It is an insanely simple process. I could draw a dog to you and I could tell you this is Kriya. Why? Because see all these lines? They are there every time, the same time, the same way, the same place.

And we do that because we happen to believe that it somehow is more effective than doing any other random things based on a particular guru.

And let's not get cocky and think someone can't just break through without the fucking Kriya.

It's there not because it has to be but because we like our odds there. With the lines of a dog.

When we say Kriya is effective let's have it in the back of our mind the particular definition of that.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

Kriya is a system that facilitates surrender and has been refined over many years.

Everything at its core, in this world, is the focusing of concscioussness. Kriya yoga is one method to enlightenment but not the only or even perhaps best  , maybe it isnt for you. Advanced Kriya yoga involves detatchment from the actions  (pratyahara). The beginner mind needs a system or technique but through practice the yogi would naturally surender the desire for outcome.

Don't get caught in the trap of doubting the method because all in all the method serves as a facilatator of enlightenment and meerly that. The power in the method comes from the actions put in.

@brovakhiin Now I did watch the video before making this post but it didn't cross my mind even. I guess I "got" it? :ph34r:

I feel like someone's stalking me right now lol.

Edited by Phrae
lalaranad

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --