Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ether

A (Song) about the Night and the Rain

70 posts in this topic

@Ether I see you on the fence and I want you to go the way you deeply want to go, not this egoic bs you’ve been displaying lately. 

These songs are more of the same. There’s no pain, no scars. It’s entirely unearned. The lyrics are ok, but you haven’t made it personal yet, you can do much better. Vocally, there is no ‘life lived & survived’ in your voice. Reference this link below. Not the genre, or the lyrics, but the pain and triumph in the voice. You can hear the thickness of her diaphramic muscles and throat. You can her that she does not care what anyone thinks, she sings alone. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw

Production wise, the overall sound is thin and hollow. I suspect this is from total electronic production. It’s ok to produce that way, but then you must run the song through a very loud quality sound system and record from the speaker (s) into a quality mic (s). This captures the sound of air being pushed. Critical unless you have a 20K studio. Then take that track and double it, pan each full left & full right. Then offset one side by a fifth of a second. Then take those two tracks and double them 3 times. Then run all tracks through the speakers and into the mic again. Now there’s robust life in the recording. If you have access to one, run the final track through a sonic maximizer. 

Vocally. Get auto tune. Go heavy on the harmonys and effects.  Increase the volume of your vocal track until it is clipping a tiny bit (distorting), then run that track through an expander limiter, and compress it, keep the pan dead center. Stop being serious, ang get emotional with your recordings. Go deeper in your spirituality, much deeper. There are layers in songs you are not conscious of yet. Reference the links below. We need your life in your recordings or we can’t feel it, we can’t relate. I wanna hear your life and immediately say “man, this guy knows what I’ve been through, someone relates to me”. 

This is wymsical. Fun. No message, just music to have fun and let things go to. “Break from self” music. Do this. It requires nothing but letting go and having fun. Challenge your producer/friend to make the greatest dance track ever recorded. If you can listen to it loud af without dancin, scrap it and start over. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk

This is music from the pain of life, transcended. “Self found” music. Do this. Do you hear the air from her life? The un-wordable all that is passing through her system? She dies for the performance. You’re thinkin about money, success, pussy (ego). She’s fucking dying within a performance. You startin to get it? You’re tricker treating, she’s in spirit. You’re not aware of your own self destructive tendency, she is using hers for material and giving it all away. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uz2_JPfYbjM

This is an example of a full circle song. Hey Ya, is a prayer / plea to God (Yahweh)  His depth of life returns to the simplicity of an upbeat song anyone can relate to, without any loss of authenticity. Notice he is everyone in the video. Sound familiar? “Can’t stand to fight the feelin cause the thought alone is killin me right now”.                                    The main plight. The human condition. I relate, bet you do too. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw

Find out for yourself “What makes love the exception”.          

Keep going, I love it & support you 100% -  but if a song is not clearly better than the last it’s a waste of time in terms of self discovery. The wrong direction. 

Sit with this ego backlash. Don’t fear the pain in life, let it write your lyrics. Liberation. Confused? Deeply confused? So is 99% of the population. Embrace it.  Say what they are too afraid to say Ether. Say what you are too afraid to say. Do this and your voice will change like spiritual puberty. Then you can start to develop the ear you need, then you’ll be in a position to develop your voice. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Bro, I dont understand why you think im going through an ego backlash. I pretty much have almost no ego. I rarely feel suffering in my life and I attained a state of unconditional calmness and okayness.

You are assuming too much about my life without talking about me.

But I might make my music more relatable. But at the end of the day, I do music for me, not for you (overall). But Im always ready to learn.

Edited by Ether
a

Just had a deja vu wow

43 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Ether go deeper. 

I havent been trying

1 minute ago, Good-boy said:

@Ether who is your favourite rapper?

Kanye

On 6/5/2018 at 9:55 AM, zoey101 said:

@Ether I honestly don't know. I have been in music training since I was little, I know I have the voice for it. But when I try to think of how to get started or what I should post just to get something out there, I just get anxious about it. I guess I still care a little too much what others might think ^_^

I produce music and have been practicing vocals as well. What helps is when you realize that you are the same thing that everyone else is. Dance like you are the only one watching :) My writing grew so much when I wrote down what resonated with myself while on psychedelics. If you dont like it, you can always start with a new canvas. Thinking about that helps me to get out of my own head and judgements, when the words are so uniquely you, it brings out that inner soul we all have.  

18 hours ago, Beard said:

I produce music and have been practicing vocals as well. What helps is when you realize that you are the same thing that everyone else is. Dance like you are the only one watching :) My writing grew so much when I wrote down what resonated with myself while on psychedelics. If you dont like it, you can always start with a new canvas. Thinking about that helps me to get out of my own head and judgements, when the words are so uniquely you, it brings out that inner soul we all have.  

Thank you :) I will think on that.